A hybrid mattress is gaining more and more popularity worldwide because of its maximum comfort and support – as though you are sleeping on the clouds.
If you have been having some problems with your old mattress, and you seem to find yourself tossing and turning at night, then it’s time to make a switch to a better mattress.
So, if you are looking to buy one for yourself, you may want to check out this guide on how to choose the best hybrid mattress, as well as some highly recommended products to consider.
Reviews of Top-Rated Hybrid Mattresses
Resort Sleep 10-inch Queen-Size Memory Foam Mattress
When choosing a great hybrid mattress that does not disappoint, it may be worth looking into a reputable company offering such product including Resort Sleep. Resort Sleep Queen size 10 Inch Cool Memory Foam Mattress by the said brand comes with these amazing features:
PERFECT CONTOUR. Our visco mattresses cradle you in a deluxe layer of 2.5-inch Premium Air Infused Visco-Elastic Foam on top of an extra thick High Density Firm Support Base. 10-inch profile design ...
- Visco mattress offers outstanding contour to match your unique body shape and temperature
- 10-inch profile gives you the same luxurious feel you get from a more expensive mattress
- 2.5-inch air infused premium visco-elastic foam
- High-Density solid support base
- Breathable materials
- Minimizes stress to ensure you of a relaxing, deep sleep
- Highly durable core reduces pressure points
- Addresses painful shoulders and back
- Certi-PUR certified
- Has a free luxury memory foam pillow
- Includes a soft knit cover that is washable
- Comfort level is medium to medium firm
- Just the right level of firmness
- No issue with opening and setting up
- Reasonably priced at $329
- A cheaper alternative to traditional mattress
- True to its promises
- May take some getting used to for people who had softer mattresses
Serta Gel-Memory 12-Inch Foam Mattress (Queen Size)
Serta 12-Inch Gel-Memory Foam Mattress offers a wide range of features that you will love including the following:
12-inch gel memory foam mattress with deluxe cover; Our revolutionary gel memory foam is made with our exclusive open cell memory foam and gel support beads; Serta gel memory foam is designed to ...
- Has 3 layers to ensure optimum support and comfort
- 12 inches thick
- Comes with a 2.5-inch gel memory foam to keep you cool as you sleep
- Has a 2.5-inch support layer called ActiveAir to facilitate airflow
- With a 7-inch base made of high-density foam for maximum stability
- 20-year warranty
- Queen size
- Built to last for years
- Promotes a restful sleep
- No more tossing and turning
- No need for mattress flipping
- Keeps your spine properly aligned
- Relieves pressure points to prevent tossing and turning while in bed
- Disperses heat effectively
- Maintains firmness
- Comes with a mattress cover
- Holds up well after a number of months
- The foam tends to scrunch down each time you sit on the side part of it
- Mattress has the tendency to turn over and dip
- Has slight odor, although it is not toxic
- A little expensive at $633.75
Classic Brands Cool Gel 12 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress, Queen Size
Another hybrid mattress worth looking into is this product by Classic Brands. Some of the features Classic Brands Cool Gel 12 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress comes with are:
The Cool Gel 12-Inch Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Mattress combines two leading sleep technologies at incredible value. Gel-infused memory foam keeps you cool during sleep and body-contouring memory ...
- Gel infused memory foam eliminates heat
- Memory foam follows the contours of your body
- Ventilation on the top portion of the gel foam
- Mattress is shipped compressed to ensure hassle-free delivery and set up
- 25-year warranty of the gel memory foam mattress
- CertiPUR-US certified
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Gel component is cooling to the body
- There is no feeling of suffocation or heat while you sleep
- Reasonably priced at $359
- Made of premium materials
- The mattress may seem too firm for some people
- There is a bit of a smell that can last for several hours
LUCID Gel Memory Foam Mattress (12 Inch, Queen Size)
LUCID offers this exquisite LUCID Gel Memory Foam Mattress (12 Inch, Queen Size) that can give you a restful sleep while helping to keep your spine aligned properly. Its features include:
12" memory foam mattress with 3" ventilated gel memory foam surface, 1" bamboo charcoal memory foam support layer and 8" high density foam base; Top memory foam layer infused with gel beads to ...
- Has a 3-inch gel memory foam
- Includes an inch layer of fine bamboo charcoal memory foam
- Comes with an 8-inch high-density quality foam layer base
- Gel beads help disperse heat
- Open cell construction for the foam eliminates body impressions
- Dust mite and allergen-resistant
- 25-year warranty
- Does not sink or budge on one side
- Stress-free unboxing, so you can set up easily
- Distributes pressure equally
- Durable and made to last for years
- Has a 25-year warranty coverage
- Comes with a comfortable cover
- Right amount of softness
- Noticeably warmer than a spring mattress
- Has a strong odor
- A tad expensive at $418.99
Perfect Cloud Gel-Max UltraPlush Memory Foam Twin Size Mattress (10 inch)
Choosing the perfect hybrid mattress can be overwhelming since there are so many brands out there that claim to be the best. However, PerfectCloud brings to you a solid choice worth your dollar because of the following features:
5-STAR LUXURIOUS COMFORT - AMAZON EXCLUSIVE MATTRESS. The Perfect Cloud UltraPlush Gel-Max Memory Foam Mattress pampers you with a thick top 1.5 inch layer of Air Infused Memory Foam. Our mattress ...
- UltraPlush technology makes sure that the mattress caters to people up to 400 pounds in weight
- Ideal for all types of sleepers (side, stomach or back)
- 1.5-inch air-infused memory foam
- 6.5 inch HD layer base of support foam
- 10 inches in thickness
- 2-inch layer Gel-Max memory foam
- Resistant to dust mites
- Removable and washable knit cover
- 25-year warranty
- CertiPUR certified
- Low VOC components
- Eco-friendly option
- Easy to open and set up
- Takes about 20 minutes to expand into its full size upon unboxing
- Sturdy zipper for ease in removing the cover for cleanup purposes
- Provides an even back support
- Keeps your body cool
- Very affordable at $289 (discounted price)
- Tends to sink in a little
- The smell can be disturbing and may linger for about a week or more
- Best to be used on a flat surface
Zinus Sleep Master Ultima® 13-Inch Queen Size Euro Box Top Spring Mattress
If you want to experience a truly relaxing sleep, then it is time to switch to a hybrid mattress that offers the sheer comfort you have always wanted. The Zinus Sleep Master Spring Mattress features these:
The Sleep Master iCoil 13 Inch Deluxe Euro Box Top Spring Mattress by Zinus features hundreds of independent iCoils providing customized support while minimizing motion transfer for uninterrupted ...
- 2 thick layers of comfort foam to relieve pressure points
- High-density foam conforms to your body
- 7.5-inch springs eliminate pressure while aligning your spine
- Quilted cover
- Minimizes motion transfer
- Takes 48 hours for the mattress to return to original shape
- Offers a restful sleep
- After an hour, the mattress expands to up to 12 inches thickness
- Fabric comes in white color
- Made of premium quality materials
- Top layer is very soft and smooth to the touch
- Does not come with a foul smell
- No unevenness or lumps
- Quite firm, which is not desirable for some users
- You may sink slightly into the foam
Signature Sleep 13-Inch Queen Size Coil Mattress
Signature Sleep is known for its top-quality mattress to give you a soothing, comfortable and relaxing sleep all night long. In particular, Signature Sleep Signature 13-Inch Independently Encased Coil Mattress boasts of a number of features such as these:
Signature Sleep Signature 13-Inch Independently Encased Coil Mattress with CertiPUR-US Certified Foam,...
By combining all the elements of comfort and quality the Signature 13" Mattress with CertiPUR-US certified foam provides an unparalleled night
- 13 inches overall thickness
- Independently encased sturdy coils for even weight distribution
- Complies with the Federal Flammability Standard (16 CFR 1633)
- Fabric made of bamboo ticking for enhanced breathability and moisture absorption
- Foam pillow top has 1 inch of 3-zone foam to ensure a firm center
- Cushioned coils for added comfort
- Has zero harmful components
- Relatively cheap price at $329
- Shipped compressed, but a breeze to unbox
- Fully inflates in 20 seconds
- Top layer is soft, as it is made of bamboo fiber
- Does not come with a full length of a standard full mattress
- Initially, side sleepers will have some issues with the mattress unless it is completely inflated
- May take some time to get used to this product
Brentwood Home Queen Size “Bamboo Gel 13” Memory Foam Mattress
Brentwood Home introduces this premium hybrid mattress with gel memory foam to give you a good night’s sleep. Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 13 Memory Foam Mattress offers a wide range of features such as the following:
The Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 13 provides a medium feel. The 3.5-inch layer of gel infused memory foam responds to your body
- 3.5-inch gel-infused memory foam that conforms to your body’s temperature, shape, and weight
- Relieves pressure points and discomfort
- Ventilated layer to promote airflow
- Eliminates the feeling of sinking into your bed
- Solid and durable support base removes motions transfer
- Wool lining prevents foul odor
- Has a removable wool-lined cover with zipper for easy removal
- 25-year warranty
- Compressed and rolled for hassle-free shipping
- Worry-free unboxing and very easy to inflate
- The moment you unbox it, the mattress starts to inflate
- It takes only a few hours for the mattress to reach its full thickness
- Has medium to medium firm quality
- Materials used are high quality
- Highly durable
- Too expensive at $549
- Can be somewhat firmer than expected for some people
- Needs a few days to get rid of the smell
Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 13 inch Mattress
Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 11 Queen Memory Foam Mattress
Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 11 Memory Foam Mattress that offers a bang for your buck, this product gives you loads of features including these:
For a back sleeper who needs gentle contouring around the spine, our Bamboo Gel 11 features a slightly thinner layer of gel memory foam than our Gel 13, so you don't sink as far into dreamland before ...
- 11 inches in thickness
- Has a 2-inch ventilated layer for enhanced airflow
- Queen Size
- 6.5 inch support base with therapeutic benefits
- 2.5-inch memory foam later (gel-infused)
- Gel particles make the mattress cooler than standard memory foam
- Eliminates issues on motion transfer
- Hypoallergenic and anti-microbial
- Resistant to dust mites
- Conforms to the contours of your body
- Open Cell Technology keeps the mattress cooler
- Natural bamboo fibers used for the cover
- 25-year warranty
- Cover is easy to remove and washable
- Comfortable and supportive
- Gel memory foam keeps your body cool as you sleep
- Holds up rather well after several months
- A tad expensive at $475
- Has a bit of smell
Classic Brands Gramercy King Size Hybrid Mattress with Innerspring and Cool Gel Memory Foam
Surely, Classic Brands Gramercy 14 Inch Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress will not disappoint because it comes with a wide variety of features that enhance the level of support and comfort it offers such as the following:
The 14-inch profile Gramercy Euro-top Hybrid Gel Memory Foam Innerspring Mattress combines the support of a wrapped steel coil innersprings with the conforming response of gel memory foam. The boxtop ...
- 14-inch profile
- Hybrid mattress with innerspring and gel memory foam mattress
- 1-inch layer of gel memory foam is heat-dispersing
- The second layer of gel memory foam underneath the box top keeps you cool all night long
- Comes with individually-wrapped coils
- Minimizes sensation of movement or motion transfer
- Has a fancy detailed quilt knit cover
- Corded edge for a sophisticated look
- Breathable and ventilated
- Compressed and rolled when shipped
- Ease in opening and setting up the mattress
- Powerful springs found on the base portion of the mattress to ensure sturdiness
- Pillow top inflates quickly upon unboxing it
- Smell goes away after a day
- Very comfortable
- Memory foam matches the contours of your body
- Great quality materials and construction
- No hassles in picking up the mattress because of the straps around the base
- Expensive price at $509
- Springs tend to open right away when unpacking, which can be dangerous
- Not a full 14-inch profile, as claimed
Classic Brands Gramercy 14 Inch Hybrid Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring Mattress
What Is Being Hybridized in Hybrid Mattresses?
Now that you have some ideas about the best options for a hybrid mattress, you may want to know more about tips on how to choose the right product that meets your needs.
Basically, hybrid mattresses come with coils and latex or memory foam (or both) on the top part. There is more foam in this type of mattress unlike your regular innerspring. The top portion of a hybrid mattress is also much flatter, which makes it quite like foam mattresses.
How can you find a great product worth your money? Below are among the different features that you need to look for when shopping for a hybrid mattress:
- Right Firmness
You need to be sure that the firmness level of the hybrid mattress you purchase is just the right one for you. The idea is to go for a mattress with a 2.2-pound density along with 28 indentation load deflection.
By choosing the density and firmness level, you can expect to experience comfort, particularly if you have an average weight and height. Larger and heavier individuals should go for indentation load deflection of 36 to 44 for ample support and comfort.
- Longer Life Span
A hybrid mattress can last for over 10 years although it still depends on the materials and construction. The goal is to choose a mattress that comes with durable materials, and looking into the warranty should give you some idea on the durability of the item.
What you can do is to opt for a company that has been in the business for years since you can expect total satisfaction from the hybrid mattress available. There are also newer companies, however, that you can trust as these may use premium materials designed to last for decades.
A company that offers a warranty that goes for as long as 20 to 25 years is generally preferable, as compared to those providing just a 5-year warranty. What’s more, you may want to check out companies that provide a trial period, so you can simply return the item anytime if you are not completely satisfied with it.
It is important to look for a hybrid mattress that is free from toxic materials. High-density memory foams can come in various forms such as utility-grade materials, as well as very high-quality foam that can provide maximum support for the mattress.
Go for a mattress that is Certi-PUR rated since this is free from a wide range of harmful chemicals including PBDEs and foams that are petroleum-based. These are notorious not only for depleting the ozone layer but also for causing health concerns. Steer clear from a hybrid mattress that contains heavy metals, mercury, lead and volatile organic compounds. Mattresses that are Certi-PUR certified are usually more reliable in terms of safety and overall quality.
- Clean Top Layer
When it comes to buying hybrid mattresses, your best bet is one that has a top layer made of clean, chemical-free and safe ingredients. Foam top layers must be made of natural latex that is completely safe for humans. Otherwise, you should look elsewhere if the components are questionable in terms of safety.
- Gel-Infused Memory Foam
You may find a hybrid mattress with unique materials or cutting edge technology such as gel foam. This is a great component in this type of mattress because it has a cooling effect on your body.
In addition, memory foam layers relieve pressure points, which can give anyone a restful sleep. Also, you will like hybrid mattresses because these come with coils that are wrapped in foam for enhanced durability and comfort. This feature also minimizes motion transfer, so you do not have to wake up each time your partner moves too much in bed. Overall, you can experience deep sleep like you have never had before.
|Product Name||Image||Layers||Overall Rating||Details|
|Resort Sleep 10-inch Queen-Size Memory Foam Mattress||2.5 inches Premium Air-Flow Infused visco, High Density Support Base||10||Check price|
|Serta Gel-Memory 12-Inch Foam Mattress (Queen Size)||2-1/2-inches of gel memory foam; 2-1/2-inches of ActivAir foam; 7-inches of high density foam||8||Check price|
|Classic Brands Cool Gel 12 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress, Queen Size||2.5 inches of cool gel memory foam; 3 inches of poly gel foam; 6.5 inches of high-density memory foam||9.5||Check price|
|LUCID Gel Memory Foam Mattress (12 Inch, Queen Size)||3" ventilated gel memory foam; 1" bamboo charcoal memory foam; 8" high density foam||8||Check price|
|Perfect Cloud Gel-Max UltraPlush Memory Foam Twin Size Mattress (10 inch)||1.5 in Air Infused Memory Foam; 2 in layer of Gel-Max Memory Foam; 6.5 in HD Base Support Foam||9.5||Check price|
|Zinus Sleep Master Ultima® 13-Inch Queen Size Euro Box Top Spring Mattress||iCoil Pocketed Springs and a Foam||8||Check price|
|Signature Sleep 13-Inch Queen Size Coil Mattress||10 in independently encased coils; 1 in foam pillow top||9||Check price|
|Brentwood Home Queen Size “Bamboo Gel 13” Memory Foam Mattress||New Zealand Wool, 3.5-inches of gel memory foam; 2-Inch Ventilated Airflow Zone; 7.5-Inch Base Foam||9.5||Check price|
|Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 11 Queen Memory Foam Mattress||Bamboo Gel; gel memory foam||9||Check price|
|Classic Brands Gramercy King Size Hybrid Mattress with Innerspring and Cool Gel Memory Foam||1 inch of Gel Infused Memory Foam. .25 inch of Comfort Foam. .5 inch of Comfort Foam. 1 inch of Gel Memory Foam. 2 inch of Comfort Foam. .75 inch of Comfort Foam. 8 inch Support Layer of Individually Wrapped Coils.||8||Check price|
Why Choose a Hybrid Mattress?
What makes a hybrid mattress a great investment to consider? There are several reasons to purchase this type of mattress including the following:
- Eliminates Pressure Points
As compared to traditional mattresses, hybrids are much more effective in contouring to the shape of your body. This helps relieve pressure points, so you can sleep much better throughout the night. Just imagine how relaxing it would be to sleep on a mattress that does not trigger pains on certain points in your body. This is exactly what you can get from hybrid mattresses, unlike the minimal comfort that a regular mattress offers.
- Firmer Comfort Level
The most striking feature of this mattress is the fact that it provides medium to medium firm comfort. If you are tired of your regular soft and plush mattress, then this type of mattress is ideal for you. What’s more, there is a possibility to minimize body impressions due to the extraordinary support of construction materials used in the mattress.
- Promotes Spine Alignment
Since the mattress conforms to the shape of your body and spine, this keeps your back properly supported. Spine alignment is ensured, which is unlikely with traditional mattress that tends to be too firm or too soft, thus lacking the ability to conform and match your body shape. You will no longer have to go through nights of tossing and turning as pressure points are relieved and your spine maintains its correct alignment.
Generally, this type of mattress is designed for people who are never satisfied or comfortable with regular latex, memory foam or coil mattress. If you think that something is not right, or there is one thing missing about your traditional mattress, then it is time to choose hybrid ones.
The same holds true if you think that your old mattress is making you feel too warm or too cold at night. Hybrid also matches your body temperature, so you can stay warm or cool as you want.
After looking into the different features and benefits of a selection of mattresses in the market, it is evident that the best among all the ones reviewed is the Resort Sleep hybrid mattress.
It has garnered 4.6 out of 5 stars from 416 reviews, which gives people an idea about its premium quality and construction to ensure excellent results. This product is Certi-PUR certified, comes with breathable materials and even has a bonus memory foam pillow. You can get more for your precious dollar by purchasing this hybrid mattress brand that offers a bang for your buck.