If you are looking for a comfortable and convenient option for your relaxation needs, an inflatable mattress might just be your best bet.
Generally, these mattresses are made of PVC plastic although some of the latest models are made with textile-reinforced rubber or urethane. Some can be used routinely at night while others are only suitable for temporary use. Whichever way you look at it, finding the right mattress depends on your needs, expectations, and most importantly research.
Talking about research, this brief guide highlights 8 of the most sought-after inflatable mattress models to simplify your search. Have a look at it.
AeroBed Classic Inflatable Mattress w/Pump
The most unique thing about AeroBed Classic Inflatable Mattress with Pump, Twin is that it has a patented technology that ensures quick inflation and deflation. Thanks to its Whoosh valve, you can inflate it 25% faster than with earlier models from the same company. Moreover, there is a handheld remote control that is provided to allow you to adjust the mattress’ air pressure even when you’re laying on it.
- It is made with 30% less PVC which leaves it a lot lighter than other inflatable mattresses you may come across out there.
- It is soft to touch and it features a bonded surface which keeps it incredibly resistant to puncture thus stepping on for the thinner PVC.
- Can be inflated in just 2 minutes and deflated within 15 seconds.
- Its design leaves it extremely light-weight and thus extremely portable and an ideal choice for vacationers and long-distance travelers.
- Almost as comfortable as a normal bed
- It holds air so well that you can sleep on it for weeks without the need to re-inflate (only re-inflate once per week)
- It is sturdy and holds air great
- Comfy and easy to set up
- It has round seams which start popping out after several years of use
AeroBed® Comfort Classic
Yotube Video Review: AeroBed® Comfort Classic
Serta Raised Inflatable Mattress (With Never Flat Pump)
Serta claims that with the 80 by 60 by 18-inch dimensions, this bed when inflated can give you maximum comfort off the ground. Whether that is true or false, the fact that this mattress allows you to select your own level of firmness through a preset pump truly goes a long way to show that this manufacturer takes user experience seriously.
The Serta Raised Inflatable Mattress (With Never Flat Pump) is easy to set up and it gets inflated and deflated pretty quickly all thanks to the patented AC NeverFlat pump.
- The inflatable mattress comes with a carrying bad which makes storage and transport simpler whilst protecting the mattress when it’s not in use.
- Has a sensor which monitors air pressure regularly this in turn engaging an automatic secondary pump (quiet) as necessary thereby maintaining consistency throughout the night.
- Has a raised height that effectively allows the sleeper to get in and out easily, moreover it comes with a flocked top (0.65mm soft flock) which can be dressed up with blankets, pillows, and sheets.
- Easy to set up
- Very sturdy
- The pump provided is great and fast
- The presets of the pump are a great plus
- Does not leak air
- It has a slight odor when you unpack it. This odor, however, dissipates after a few days.
Alps Mountaineering Rechargeable Air Bed
This Alps Mountaineering Rechargeable Air Bed features special, top-of-the-range coil construction alongside with high-quality fabric, which is meant to provide durability and comfort. By design, this mattress provides a uniform sleeping surface, which is enhanced by the presence of an outer ring.
The top is plush and velvety hence providing a luxurious sleeping surface that even protects your beddings from sliding and slipping over. It is very easy to inflate or deflate it, you only attach the pump and start and within a minute, the mattress will have firmed up to your desired level.
- It comes with a state-of-the-art rechargeable pump that inflates and deflates the mattress within 60 seconds as you watch. In addition, this pump includes a wall charger and car charger.
- It comes with a special carry bag for easy storage and transport. This is in addition to the fact that this mattress has been purposely designed to fit in most camping tents (60 by 80 by 8.5 inches).
- Each Alps Mountaineering Inflatable Mattress you buy comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- The pump has a cutting edge design, it is compact and quite powerful especially when fully recharged.
- Convenient carry bag
- Extra thick industry leading fabrics
- Cutting edge pump design
- Easy inflation and deflation
- Comfortable for whole family use
- There have been complaints that it leaks. However, such complaints are few and far in between.
Insta-Bed Raised Inflatable Mattress (With Never Flat Pump)
Insta-Bed Raised Inflatable Mattress (With Never Flat Pump) claims to offer unmatched convenience and comfort particularly for those looking to hold guests, stay in a vacation home or furnish an apartment. It offers advanced features among them a sensor that monitors air pressure and constantly engages a silent secondary pump to maintain the consistent firmness.
In addition, it has a raised height which is ideal for anyone including young children and seniors. And to enhance your comfort, you have the freedom to choose between plush and medium firmness. As an added bonus, the top is flocked with a soft cover which keeps your beddings right in place throughout the night in addition to offering additional comfort.
- It comes with two pumps. One that utilizes the patented NeverFlat technology and a secondary one that keeps your bed in the chosen firmness level throughout the night. The main pump takes only 4 minutes to inflate or deflate the mattress.
- It has 35 circular coils (Queen Size) and 21 coils (Twin Size) a combination that creates a strong, level and supportive sleeping surface.
- Offers 18 inches of raised height that makes it easy for anyone to get in and out of the bed with ease. Its dimensions are generally suited even for camping tents (Queen: 80x60x18 inches, Twin: 74x39x18 inches).
- Firmness can be customized to enhance comfort
- Offers large surface area yet it weighs less than 25 pounds
- Has a secondary whose work is to maintain the ideal level of firmness
- Soft top surface that is supported by circular coils
- You must connect it to regular power supply so it stays inflated throughout the night
- Cheap Full Size Mattress Reviews — Which One Is the Best to Buy?
- Extra Firm Mattress Reviews — Your Ultimate Buying Guide in 2018
- Single Mattress Reviews — Consider Your Choice in 2018
Coleman Premium Double High Support Inflatable Bed With Built-in Pump
Made with a suede surface and backed up by an effective coil system, Coleman Premium Double High Support Inflatable Bed With Built-in Pump promises to provide even and consistent comfort. But perhaps you might be wondering how it manages to do so. Well, Coleman has 3 tier layers, strong PVC material, and attractive plaid flocking design which turns it into a masterpiece of art and durability.
- It utilizes patented technology which makes inflating and deflating it a quick and convenient task.
- Built with industry-leading thick and durable PVC material but the top is soft flocked to prevent sliding to add extra warmth and comfort.
- Comes with a convenient carry bag that is easy to carry around and store even in a small apartment. This bag is well built to protect the inflatable mattress against wear and tear.
- It has 35 comfort coils that provide durability and support throughout the night. This is in addition to a 120volts pump.
- Inflates or deflates in minutes
- Heavy duty PVC construction for maximum durability
- Does not leak
- Carrybag has a strong zip and material that protects the mattress
- It is designed for durability and comfort
- Customizable firmness and comfort
- It can get cold during the night and you may need to add an extra blanket under the linen
Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura Beam Inflatable Bed
Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura Beam Inflatable Bed boasts of a couple of features that make it easy to inflate and sleep on. First off is Comfort-Plush technology that is meant to keep the Intex mattress stable, supportive and customized according to individual needs. Then there is a built-in pump, top flocked top and knee height – all additional features meant to complement user comfort.
- Covers an area of 80 by 60 by 22 inches carrying a weight of 21 pounds. Overall, these dimensions are capable of supporting a maximum weight of 600 pounds meaning a young family can share the space.
- Has adequate height meaning seniors as well as little kids and climb on and off without struggling.
- For longevity this inflatable mattress has been engineered with Fiber-Tech construction with a ring that circumvents the sleeping surface keeping it stable and uptight through the night.
- Comes with a duffel carry bag that makes storage and transports a breeze.
- Easy to use
- Airtight and waterproof
- Spacious and capable of handling more than 2 people
- It comes with a weird smell, which fortunately disappears as you use it during the first few days.
Intex Dura-Beam Airbed Series
Yotube Video Review: Intex Dura-Beam Airbed Series
Intex Pillow Rest Inflatable Mattress W/Electric Pump and Built-In Pillow
If you are looking for a bed with a built-in pump that inflates and deflates with a simple touch of a button then Intex Pillow Rest Inflatable Mattress is your go-to choice. It is elevated at 18.5 inches which contributes to supreme comfort and stability despite being a little too high especially for small kids.
- Comes with a built-in pillow meaning you will not need to bring your regular pillow to enjoy comfort similar to your other bed.
- It has a waterproof flocked sleeping surface that is enhanced by the presence of vinyl beams.
- It is ideal for taller individuals a factor that makes it more comfortable and better elevated from the ground.
- Can handle a maximum weight capacity of 600 lbs over the dimensions of 14.6 by 18 by 6.8 deflated height which increases upon inflation.
- Comfortable and convenient for all family use
- Has a built-in pump that is powered by a motor to inflate the mattress in no time
- Its top is reinforced with vinyl beams
- It can feel mushy if you sleep on it when inflated to full capacity
SoundASleep Dream Series Inflatable Mattress With High Internal Capacity Pump and Comfort Coil Technology
There are quite a few features that make SoundASleep Dream Series Inflatable Mattress With High Internal Capacity Pump and Comfort Coil Technology stand out.
First, it utilizes ComfortCoil technology which creates a flat surface and maintains convenient firmness for the sleeper. Its top is made of soft but waterproof material. In addition to that, inflating or deflating this mattress has been made easier by the presence of an internal pump.
- Utilizes ComfortCoil technology which basically brings together 40 internal air coils which provide added support and durability.
- Utilizes patented 1-click pump which means you can fully inflate the mattress by a single click and 4 minutes wait.
- It has an extra-thick waterproof top which is puncture resistant and multilayered to enhance durability and comfort. To top it up it comes with a simple carry bag for easy transport and storage.
- It has super-grip material used for its bottom to prevent any unwanted or unexpected sliding.
- It is air-tight hence holds air for long – even up to 1 week
- It is comfortable just like an ordinary mattress that would cost you more
- It is easy to set up and use
- High enough from the ground but still convenient for seniors and kids
- It develops a faint odor when you unpack it – this, however, goes away after a few days of usage.
|Product Name||Image||Thickness||Overall Rating||Details|
|AeroBed Classic Inflatable Mattress||9 in||10||Check price|
|Serta Raised Inflatable Mattress||18 in||8||Check price|
|Alps Mountaineering Rechargeable Air Bed||9 in||7.5||Check price|
|Insta-Bed Raised Inflatable Mattress||18 in||8.5||Check price|
|Coleman Premium Double High||18 in||8||Check price|
|Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura Beam Inflatable Bed||22 in||9||Check price|
|Intex Pillow Rest Inflatable Mattress||18.5 in||7.5||Check price|
|SoundASleep Dream Series Inflatable Mattress||19 in||9.5||Check price|
Tips for Buying an Inflatable Mattress and Why You Need One
The foremost factor you should consider is size. Basically, there are four common sizes namely king, queen, full and twin. It is ideal to choose a size that fits within your space budget and most importantly one that is supportive and convenient for your whole family.
Besides the size, height is a factor worth pondering upon because while a raised bed may feel better when at a high height, it may be difficult for the aged or young kids to use it. Above all, you should consider the features that the mattress comes with. You can choose between a velour and soft suede top. Also, consider the pumps and keep in mind that some pumps require a power source to function while others rely on batteries.
The main benefit of investing in an inflatable mattress is that these mattresses are easy to store and transport. You can, therefore, fit them inside your small apartment to cater to your guests at the hour of need or fold them up and put them in your car as you head out for an outdoor camping exercise.
You will enjoy using these mattresses because they are quite comfortable and can relieve back pain. And unlike memory foam mattresses, these ones are odor-free in most cases and are not prone to sagging.
All the 8 mattresses we've reviewed above are worthy of the top position but we can only pick one winner. The SoundASleep Dream mattress conquers in comfort but loses out due to a faint odor and relatively weak sides. Intex Comfort inflatable mattress also comes close to the top but again loses out due to a weird smell and regular complaints about the inability to hold air in for more than 3 days.
Overall, the top inflatable mattress title goes to AeroBed Classic Mattress all because it is both powerful and comfy to use. First, it has a firm structure that ensures air is kept in for a reasonable duration of time before a need for a re-fill arises. Secondly, it is light enough for those who would like to transport it around – a common need among holiday lovers.