Four-poster, platform foundation, sleigh bed, canopy – if the search for a California king bed frame gets you all dizzy, we are here to help.
This quick guide to 10 of the best bed frames will hopefully take the guesswork out of the process.
Keep in mind that the bed frame you choose sets the tone for your bedroom.
Read on to win the dilemma war.
Zinus Compack 9-Leg Support Bed Frame
Invitingly simple and elegant, the Zinus Compack is just the accessory your home is longing for. Designed to bring class and comfort to the bedroom, the 9-leg bed frame with center bar support ensures superior stability and support for you and your loved ones.
Even more appealing is the fact that it has now been reinvented to feature an easy-to-set-up base for quick assembly once it arrives at your doorstep. You might also be thrilled to know that it requires no tools to set up. Its quick-lock system makes it refreshingly easy to construct it in just four steps. With regards to safety, it has intelligently recessed legs to prevent your toes from getting hurt when making the bed.
Overall, the Zinus 9-leg Support Bed Frame is the perfect California king bed frame for displaying your best mattress and pillows.
- Measures 71 by 72 by 7 inches
- Steel construction for maximum support and durability
- Easy locking system means it can be set up in just four simple steps
- Intelligently recessed legs for safety
- Requires a box spring, but so do all bed frames. You can’t use them alone.
Zinus 14 Inch SmartBase Platform Bed Frame
This 14-inch platform bed frame is yet another award-winning innovation from Zinus. It is specially designed with a smart base to eliminate the need for a box spring, so all you have to do is position your mattress on top and enjoy a good night’s rest. As far as support is concerned, the Zinus SmartBase Bed Frame has multiple points of contact on the floor to ensure full stability and prevent mattress sagging, thus increasing the life of your mattress.
Additionally, it has 13 inches of storage space under the frame to allow you to keep some of your beddings and other items safely. With regards to protection of floors, the legs have plastic caps to prevent dents on the floor. Superior performance can’t get better than this with a California king bed frame that designed with the user’s needs in mind.
- Measures 72 by 84 by 14 inches
- The frame supports up to 2400 lbs of weight on the surface
- No tools are required for assembly
- 13 inches of clearance off the floor allows ample under bed storage
- Some customers complained of squeakiness and wobbliness when sleeping
New Innovated Box Spring Metal Bed Frame
New Innovated Box Spring Bed Frame from Best Mattresses makes it to our top ten list for a noble reason. First, it has a box spring platform that eliminates the need for a box spring with a user-friendly option.
Second, it has excellent durability and strength giving you maximum support so you can have elite sleep quality. The fact that it is so easy to set up once it arrives at your doorstep is a great plus for many people. Other than that, it is worth appreciating that it also has 14 inches of under bed storage.
You can never go wrong with a California King bed frame that’s made of strong steel construction to sufficiently support your mattress.
- Measures 72 by 84 by 14 inches
- Refreshingly easy to assemble
- Replaces the old bed frame and box spring
- Provides 14 inches of under bed storage
- A few customers reported bent parts; I believe they received the rare but dreaded defective unit
Zinus Modern Studio 10 Inch Metal Bed Frame
Cozy, comfortable and simple is the hallmark of the Zinus bed frame. It features ten wooden slats that guarantee maximum support for your latex, memory foam or spring mattress. It is worth noting that this support prevents sagging and ensures increased mattress life. It also comes with a low profile height of 10 inches and has two openings in two legs to allow attaching of the headboard to the platform bed.
Furthermore, the bed frame has 7 inches of clearance under the frame to allow for storage. Its plastic legs ensure that your floors are protected. Undoubtedly, the Modern Studio Bed Frame is the best California King bed frame in the market.
- Measures 76 by 80 by 10 inches
- Assembling it is a breeze
- Does not require a box spring
- Sturdy mattress support is provided by the 10 wooden slats
- The wooden slats aren’t very sturdy
STRUCTURES HIGHRISE HD Metal Bed Frame
Structures Highrise HD Bed Frame is another cleverly designed platform that allows you to use your mattress minus a box spring. This 2500 pound heavy duty latticework provides unwavering support and strength for your mattress. With 13 inches and 49 cubic feet of clearance under the bed, you are guaranteed enough space for storage purposes. The high-rise design means that it can conveniently fold when you want to store it.
Even better is that it is light enough to be carried around for quick mobility when you have visitors. In short, it is only safe to say that this California king bed frame lives up to its buzz with incredible functionality.
- Measures 84 by 72 by 14 inches
- Easy to set up and take down — just fold and unfold to the required position
- No tools needed for assembly
- Its 12 leg support system ensures maximum durability and stability
- Some customers complained of squeaking
STRUCTURES HighRise HD Bed Frame
Yotube Video Review: STRUCTURES HighRise HD Bed Frame
- Single Mattress Reviews — Consider Your Choice in 2017
- Queen Bed Size Reviews — A Step by Step Buyer’s Guide to Choosing the Perfect Bed
- Adjustable Bed Reviews — Make Your Choice in 2017
STRUCTURES STEELOCK Steel Wedge Lock Metal Bed Frame
Easy to assemble, the Structures Steelock Bed Frame is a great California King bed frame choice for your bed collection. Sturdy metal construction ensures that your bed has the proper foundation it deserves. Apart from that, it has to be said that it is the sturdiest bed frame on the market today. It boasts unique wedge lock connectors that get stronger as more weight as more weight is added.
Eventually, it can be able to support any amount of weight. Its extra wide construction makes it an ideal fit for virtually any headboard. Deeply recessed legs, on the other hand, provide extra toe room thus preventing foot injuries. You can bet your money on a California king bed frame with the right features and get value for your money.
- Measures 72 by 7 by 7 inches
- No tools needed for assembly
- It has lifetime warranty
- Extra wide construction ensures that it can fit any headboard of your choice
- Frame might be too short
Platform Bed Frame and Foundation
With its remarkable design featuring heavy duty construction and black anodized finish, the Platform Bed Frame and Foundation is the epitome of high-end accessories.
The best part about it is that it can stand alone or be used to replace the slats on your current bed. Its compact size makes transporting it a breeze and allows it to fit in the narrowest of spaces. Even more impressive is the fact that it can support up to 3500 lbs of weight, providing a squeak free and sag-free platform for your ideal mattress.
Additionally, its 100% steel structure stops dust mites and allergens from accumulating around the corners. Assembling it can be done in seconds as it is refreshingly easy to set up once it arrives in your bedroom. Inclusively, this California king bed frame is a classic addition to your room.
- Replaces your old box spring and bed frame
- 14-inch clearance under bed gives you ample storage space
- Can fit all popular mattress sizes and works great even if the mattress doesn’t fit well
- Some customers complained that it creaks but under hefty movement
LUCID Foldable Metal Platform Mattress Foundation and Bed Frame
The whimsical design of LUCID Metal Bed Frame makes your bedroom fancy and stylish at the same time. This foldable bed is certainly an excellent choice for a California king bed frame if you want some extra storage space under the bed.
It has 13 inches clearance and up to 45 cubic feet of space to fulfill your storage needs. Its heavy duty cylinders are perfectly welded to create a robust and sturdy foundation that eliminates the need for a box spring and also maximizes the durability of your mattress.
It can support any mattress and can hold a weight of up to 1000 pounds. Additionally, this Lucid California king bed frame can fold and unfold easily for quick setup and storage. When setting it up, all you have to do is unfold and install the bolts, and you’re ready to go.
- Measures 84 by 72 by 14 inches
- This California king bed frame eliminates need for a box spring
- Comes with manufacturer’s 5-year warranty
- Its support system holds up to 1000 pounds of weight
- Some customers received the rare defective unit that arrived with broken parts
Classic Brands Hercules Heavy Duty Metal Bed Frame
The Classic Brands Hercules California King Bed Frame is a great replacement for your traditional box spring and mattress foundation. It has an elegant, sleek and contemporary look that transforms your bedroom while giving you just enough storage space underneath the bed. Its sturdy frame can support any type of mattress thus preventing sagging and increasing the life of your latex or memory foam mattress.
Even more appealing is the fact that it can be easily folded and unfolded when you want to set it up, or store it-no tools are required for this. Packaged in a small parcel, the California king bed frame is the best solution to getting a foundation that fits in the tiniest of spaces. It has 12 points of contact on the floor to ensure maximum strength and stability and give you a good night’s rest.
- Measures 84 by 72 by 13 inches
- Has an elegant black finish
- Can support any type of mattress without sagging
- Eliminates the need for a box spring
- Some customers complained of squeaky sounds
Zinus 14 Inch SmartBase Mattress Foundation
Add sophistication to your bedroom’s decorative theme with this unique easy to assemble California King Bed Frame from Zinus. This mattress foundation is yet another outstanding innovation that eliminates the need for a box spring or a traditional bed frame.
Enjoy sturdy and reliable support for your latex, memory foam or spring mattress with a Smart Base California king bed frame that suits just any mattress. With 12.5 clearance under the bed, you are assured of ample storage space. It is worth noting that this California king bed frame from Zinus comes with a worry-free 5-year limited warranty.
- Measures 72 by 84 by 14 inches
- Its compact design allows it to fit tight spaces like staircases and doorways
- Multiple points of contact on the floor ensure maximum support
- Sturdy steel construction protects your mattress from sagging and provides mattress durability
- Its metal is not thick enough to provide maximum support for your mattress
|Product Name||Image||Size||Overall Rating||Details|
|Zinus Compack 9-Leg Support Bed Frame||71 x 72 x 7 in||9.5||Check price|
|Zinus 14 Inch SmartBase Platform Bed Frame||72 x 84 x 14 in||10||Check price|
|New Innovated Box Spring Metal Bed Frame||72 x 84 x 14 in||9||Check price|
|Zinus Modern Studio 10 Inch Metal Bed Frame||76 x 80 x 10 in||9.5||Check price|
|STRUCTURES HIGHRISE HD Metal Bed Frame||72 x 84 x 14 in||8||Check price|
|STRUCTURES STEELOCK Steel Wedge Lock Metal Bed Frame||72 x 7 x 7 in||9||Check price|
|Platform Bed Frame and Foundation||71 x 83 x 14 in||8||Check price|
|LUCID Foldable Metal Platform Mattress Foundation and Bed Frame||72 x 84 x 14 in||8.5||Check price|
|Classic Brands Hercules Heavy Duty Metal Bed Frame||72 x 84 x 13 in||8||Check price|
|Zinus 14 Inch SmartBase Mattress Foundation||72 x 84 x 14 in||9||Check price|
Tips on How to Choose a Bed Frame
When it comes to selecting the right bed frame for your bedroom, several factors come into play. Here are some of the things you should consider:
When you plunge into the search, you’ll realize that there are a plethora of frames to choose from. So you have to choose the style and design you want between four-poster bed frames, sleigh bed frames, platform bed frames, canopy bed frames, bunk beds and so on.
The most common types of bed frames are either wooden or metal. The choice of which bed frame to settle with lies solely on personal preference and also support needs. Most people prefer metal bed frames as they are aesthetically pleasing.
Some manufacturers offer convenient bonus features such as floor protectors. If you have a wooden floor, plastic feet can help prevent the floors from getting scratched especially if the bed frame is made of steel. This can also include recessed leg options for those looking for a smooth look.