An offset umbrella is an ideal choice when you need to shade a large area, and the popularity of such umbrellas continues to increase with time.
They are preferred by many people because they are versatile, and their control mechanism is easy to operate. Investing in such an umbrella not only creates a comfortable shady spot on your patio but also adds to the visual appeal of your home.
Different manufacturers produce these umbrellas in different sizes, designs, colors, and even prices. Such information is important when purchasing offset umbrellas so this review will help you choose the right one based on the description, pros, and cons of each.
10′ Deluxe Polyester Offset Patio Umbrella by Trademark Innovations
- Price: $99.99 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 5″ x 12″ x 75.5″
- Item weight: 24 pounds
- Features: Crank operation, 180G polyester fabric, black steel coating.
This deluxe offset patio umbrella measures 10' in diameter to provide plenty of shade on hot summer days. The canvas is 180G polyester so will stand up to the elements. The adjustable opening angle ...
5 x 12 x 75.5 inches
|Manufacturer Part Number|
- This offset umbrella is wide, and it offers a large shaded area.
- It is relatively inexpensive and offers value for money.
- It has a classy and attractive design.
- The fabric is of good quality, and it withstands different weather element.
- It is durable if given proper care and maintenance.
- It does not come with a weighted base, so you have to purchase one or use sandbags.
Best Choice Products Patio Umbrella Offset 10′ Hanging Umbrella Outdoor Market Umbrella
Best Choice Products® Patio Umbrella Overview
- Price: $64.95 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 76″ x 5.5″ x 12″
- Item weight: 15 pounds
- Color: Tan
- Features: Waterproof polyester material, pole coated with powder, steel bottom frame, crank operation.
Best Choice Products is proud to present this brand new Tan 10
- Assembly and installation of this offset umbrella are easy. It comes with a clear guide from the manufacturer on how to put it together.
- It is sold at a lower price as compared to similar products in the market.
- With the crank operation, you can easily close the umbrella and store it away.
- The color of the fabric tends to fade after some time.
- This offset umbrella is a bit flimsy, and it moves in the wind. The pole is also prone to bending if the wind blows hard.
Ace Evert Offset Umbrella
Ace Evert Offset Umbrella 8074 Overview
- Price: $87.35 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 124″ x 102″ x 108″
- Item weight: 34 pounds
- Features: crank open system that ensures easy operation, steel cross base, pre-drilled holes on the base.
10 ft Offset Patio Umbrella
108 x 102 x 124 inches
|Manufacturer Part Number|
Umbrella8074 - Green
- The umbrella can move around the pole, so you can move it to follow the changing position of the sun.
- It is sold at an affordable price.
- It is easy to put together and crank up.
- This offset umbrella does not weigh much and is easy to carry around when needed.
- The base of this offset umbrella is not stable, and you may need to reinforce it with more weight.
- The pole is not strong enough to support the umbrella during strong winds.
- It discolors very fast after exposure to the sun.
New Tan Patio Umbrella Offset 10′ Hanging Umbrella Outdoor Market Umbrella D10
- Price: $49.99 with free shipping
- Item weight: 33 pounds
- Material: Vinyl
- Features: Waterproof polyester, adjustable opening angle, aluminum pole, attractive design, steel bottom frame, powder coated steel ribs with anodized finish.
This brand new 10' offset patio umbrella featuring heavy-duty fabric is designed to keep you cool and more comfortable than a traditional umbrella. Now you can enjoy your time outdoors on a hot day ...
- This offset umbrella tilts so you can adjust it depending on the position of the sun. The tilt feature also lets you avoid prying eyes from neighbours or other people.
- It is just as nice and offers the same services as other more expensive models in the market.
- The fabric is heavy duty and protects you well from the harsh effects of the sun.
- It provides a large shaded area.
- It does not come with directions for assembly and installation.
- It constantly moves when the wind blows.
- It needs additional weight at the base to prevent tilting.
Bellezza Premium Patio Umbrella 10′ Feet Patio Tilt W/Crank Outdoor Cantilever
- Price: $79.99 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 5.5″ x 12″ x 76.5″
- Item weight: 30 pounds
- Features: Adjustable opening angle, 8 ribs construction, water repellant, UV protection, crank open system, steel bottom frame, 360-degree rotation, easy tilt operation.
Enter your model number to make sure this fits.; Adjustable opening angle Umbrella Height: approx. 7ft; 10 ft. Diameter, Ideal for both residential and commercial location; 8 Ribs construction, UV ...
5.5 x 12 x 76.5 inches
|Manufacturer Part Number|
- The umbrella is durable if you avoid leaving it open at night and during bad weather conditions.
- It is of good quality, and it works well for the price.
- It is a bit stable than other similar products and can handle a moderate breeze.
- This offset umbrella has an attractive design.
- It is easy to open for use and to close for storage.
- This offset umbrella is top heavy, so you have to put some weight on the base to keep it from tipping over.
- Some parts of this umbrella are plastic, and this reduces its longevity.
back to menu ↑
COBANA 10 Ft Patio Umbrella Offset Hanging Umbrella Outdoor Umbrella Garden Umbrella
- Price: $119.00 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 75.5″ x 13″ x 7.3″
- Item weight: 27.1 pounds
- Features: UV-resistant fabric, fade resistant, crank system, coated pole, 8 steel ribs construction, steel base.
Enter your model number to make sure this fits.; Durable Awning-grade Fabric. The fabric is UV resistant, waterproof, fade resistant, and last for 1000 hours. It is not recommended to use in windy ...
|Manufacturer Part Number|
7.3 x 13 x 75.5 inches
- This offset umbrella has got holes on the base so you can screw it to your deck.
- It covers a large seating area.
- The crank system is easy to operate.
- This umbrella has a vent at the top, and this helps to prevent mildew and mold.
- Its construction is lightweight and yet sturdy.
- Extra weight is needed for stability, and this is not included in the purchase.
- The umbrella cannot be used during windy days since it is not stable enough.
- The main pole breaks within weeks of use.
Coolaroo Round Cantilever Umbrella
Coolaroo Round Cantilever Umbrella Overview
- Price: $164.70 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 91″ x 23″ x 6″
- Item weight: 43 pounds
- Features: UV protection, mold, and mildew resistant
Coolaroo Round Cantilever Umbrellas provide a large 10-foot diameter of shade while staying out of the way. The cantilever design keeps the pole off to the side, preventing pleasant luncheons from ...
6 x 23 x 91 inches
|Manufacturer Part Number|
- This offset umbrella durable especially if you keep it shut when you are not using it.
- It looks beautiful and is easy to put together. The crank mechanism also ensures smooth operation of the umbrella.
- You can easily clean the fabric with soap and water.
- It offers a 10-foot diameter shade from the sun.
- It is made of breathable fabric that is breathable and provides a cool environment by allowing hot air to escape and cool breeze to get in.
- This offset umbrella moves in the wind a lot.
- It does not rotate freely.
- Some parts break easily, and the manufacturer does not provide replacement parts.
TMS Banana Umbrella
TMS Banana Umbrella Overview
- Price: $72.75 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 11″ x 5″ x 72″
- Item weight: 23.6 pounds
- Features: 360 degrees rotation, adjustable opening angle, aluminum pole with anodized finish, 6 steel ribs for support
Premium offset umbrella featuring heavy-duty polyester, specially designed to keep you cool
- This offset umbrella pivots around such that you can adjust it to the position of the sun.
- It is sold at a reasonable price for the value it has to offer.
- The attractive design of this umbrella adds to the appeal of your home.
- The base is unstable, and the umbrella can tip over even during light weeds, so you need to support it with additional weights.
Giantex 10ft Outdoor Patio Sun Shade Umbrella Hanging Offset Crank W/Cross Base Garden
- Price: $54.99 with free shipping
- Available colors: Beige, brown, green, red
- Features: 10-foot umbrella diameter, steel pole, 180g water-Proof Polyester
This Is Our Hanging Offset Umbrella, Sun Tent, Rain Shelter, And More All In One, The Parasol Gives You Instant Portable Protection From The Elements Regardless Of Your Activity. The Beach Umbrella ...
- Assembly takes only five simple steps which are outlined in the instruction sheet.
- This offset umbrella is lightweight, so you will have no problem transporting it when needed.
- It does not wiggle during soft breezes especially when you mount it on the deck.
- It is quite wide, so it provides a good amount of shade.
- It works just as well as other more costly products in the market.
- It needs a cover to make it last long, and the cover is not included in the purchase.
- It does not tilt.
- It has a thin fabric that is not durable.
- The base is not strong enough to support the weight of the umbrella, so you have to anchor it.
Abba Patio 11-Feet Aluminum Offset Cantilever Umbrella
- Price: $349.00 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 107″ x 17.7″ x 7.1″
- Shipping Weight: 70.85 pounds
- Material type: Olefin
- Features: Fade resistant fabric, UV protection, powder-coated ribs and pole, crank system, tilt function.
Enter your model number to make sure this fits.; Olefin fabric-high sun resistance, long lasting, fade resistant, easy to clean and 98% UV protection; 11' Shade Diameter-Shade square dining tables ...
|Manufacturer Part Number|
7.1 x 17.8 x 107 inches
- It does not rust easily because its pole and ribs are coated with bronze powder. This also keeps it from chipping and peeling.
- The storage cover is included in the purchase.
- It is suitable for commercial and residential use.
- It has a vent to keep the shaded area cool by allowing in some basic wind.
- The tilt function ensures that you are always under the shade even with the changing position of the sun.
- The fabric of this offset umbrella is fade resistant, so your umbrella will retain its attractive look for long even with regular use.
- To enhance its stability, it needs to be weighed down with pavers, stones, or sandbags, especially during windy days.
- The fabric is not as thick as some other models available
How to Choose an Offset Umbrella?
Getting to learn about different options in terms of sizes, types, frames, and adjustability options is important before you embark on shopping for an offset umbrella. Some of the factors you need to consider before making your selection include:
Offset umbrellas are available in different sizes and to get the right one, you need to have actual measurements of the area that you intend to cover. Once you get the measurements, it is important that you add an extra 2 feet on each side of the space.
With this, you will not end up with an umbrella that is too small to effectively provide the shade you need. Regarding height, ensure that the umbrella is tall enough such that you don’t need to duck underneath to access the shaded area.
- Umbrella Base
The base is a very important factor in the functionality of your offset umbrella as it keeps the umbrella from being blown away by the wind. Aim at buying one with a large base especially if you live in areas that experience winds often as this increases its stability. It also helps to check whether the manufacturer has drilled holes on the base so that you can anchor it to the deck.
|Product Name||Dimensions||Overall Rating||Details|
|10′ Deluxe Polyester Offset Patio Umbrella by Trademark Innovations||5″ x 12″ x 75.5″||10||Check price|
|Best Choice Products Patio Umbrella Offset 10′ Hanging Umbrella Outdoor Market Umbrella||76″ x 5.5″ x 12″||7||Check price|
|Ace Evert Offset Umbrella||124″ x 102″ x 108″||7.5||Check price|
|New Tan Patio Umbrella Offset 10′ Hanging Umbrella Outdoor Market Umbrella D10||86″ x 8″ x 12″||8||Check price|
|Bellezza Premium Patio Umbrella 10′ Feet Patio Tilt W/Crank Outdoor Cantilever||5.5″ x 12″ x 76.5″||9||Check price|
|COBANA 10 Ft Patio Umbrella Offset Hanging Umbrella Outdoor Umbrella Garden Umbrella||75.5″ x 13″ x 7.3″||8.5||Check price|
|Coolaroo Round Cantilever Umbrella||91″ x 23″ x 6″||7||Check price|
|TMS Banana Umbrella||11″ x 5″ x 72″||8.5||Check price|
|Giantex 10ft Outdoor Patio Sun Shade Umbrella Hanging Offset Crank W/Cross Base Garden||-||8||Check price|
|Abba Patio 11-Feet Aluminum Offset Cantilever Umbrella||107″ x 17.7″ x 7.1″||9.5||Check price|
For umbrellas that need additional weight on the base to keep them stable, lighter models will require more weight than their heavier counterparts since they can easily be blown away.
The fabric determines the durability of your offset umbrella. A good fabric should be waterproof, UV resistant, and thick enough to withstand seasons of use. It should also be easy to clean with just soap and water.
This will not only make the umbrella last longer, but it will ensure that you are more comfortable and well-protected from the sun’s glare and harmful UV rays.
- Tilt Mechanism
Shade from directly above is not always the ideal position, and you will often need to adjust the tilt of the umbrella as the sun moves across the sky. Not all of the reviewed umbrellas have the ability to tilt, yet you may want to buy one that has this mechanism because it is more effective.
It will ensure that you can use the umbrella regardless of the time of day. The most common tilt mechanism is crank tilt because it is easy to adjust, and it lets you block the sun without having to move the umbrella around.
- Frame of the Umbrella
There are 3 most common types of material used to construct the frame for an offset umbrella, and these include aluminum, wood, and fiberglass. The choice may be determined by personal preference and the physical environment in which you are going to use the umbrella.
Aluminum-pole umbrellas are usually a favorite of many because they are cheap, can withstand all weather condition, and can be rust resistant if well coated and taken care of. Wood frames are expensive and not durable under harsh weather conditions, but they give a sleek appearance to the umbrella.
It is important that you stick to your budget when shopping for an offset umbrella. There are many price ranges depending on the design of the umbrella and the manufacturer. At times, cheap umbrellas are considered weak, less durable, and more prone to breakages.
However, there are some expensive models that have the same problems, and you don’t have to pay more for these while you can get the same service from a cheaper model.
Among the 10 reviewed products, 10' Deluxe Polyester Offset Patio Umbrella by Trademark Innovations (Teal) is the best offset umbrella because it is sold at a fair price and has a smooth operation. Its ability to stand through all types of weather place it on a scale higher than other umbrellas, and so does its attractive design. People who have used it in the past have also left positive feedback about how effective it was.
Although it does not come with a weighted base, this is only a small setback that one can overlook compared to the benefits that you get by using this umbrella.