Keeping your room or apartment cool is very important.
But which way is the best to do that?
The portable air conditioner is touted as the best for this job and if you have not tried then it is time. It is easy to install and comes with unmatched power efficiency.
If you are wondering where to start your search, getting reviews for the best portable air conditioner would be a good starting point. Still, you will need a guide on how to choose the best available air conditioner.
Shinco’s Cooling/Fan Portable Air Conditioner (10, 000 BTU)
With 4-direction for cold air, this portable air conditioner is the perfect choice for a medium-sized room. Shinco 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Cooling Fan with Remote Control in White will be effective in 300sq. feet. It comes with digital controls to give you the capability to go for what you want from the comfort of your couch.
No water tank or the need to manually remove water since it comes with an automatic evaporating system. It recycles the water keeping everything fresh any time you are at home.
- Digital controls give you the power to adjust and regulate everything without having to move
- No water tank needed since it automatically evaporates the water
- It is excellent when it comes to saving on energy bills
- It is easy to install
- Cools faster
- Quite loud
SPT 8,000 Single-Hose AC
This is an intelligent portable air conditioner that will resume its functions from where it left just in case there is a power outage. No matter you are using regular electricity or whole house generator.
SPT 8,000BTU Single Hose Portable AC is in the class of best ACs for power efficiency and your bill will not be higher than normal. To the environment you do not have to worry about it for this one does not release any harmful chemicals.
- Has a self-evaporating mechanism so you will not need a bucket to do away with accumulating water
- The air filters are washable
- The thermostat has a digital remote control
- The hosepipe is extendable to give you extra room for drainage
- Has 2-fan speed enough to give you what you want in a few minute after switch on
- With an auto start if power goes off
- Has wheels at the bottom to make it move
- It is a big piece, you have to check the dimensions before you buy it
- It is a quite heavy equipment
Whynter Portable Air Conditioner (12,000)
If you want a portable air conditioner that is eco-friendly then this is the piece for you. Whynter 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner, Platinum (ARC-12S) does its job excellently leaving the room cool with fresh air.
You can move it as you wish and that is plus if you have to keep changing its position. The control is easy and comes backed with a remote unit. This is a 3-in-one piece that will give you fanning, humidifying and cooling.
- 3 fan speed that will give you what you want in a short time
- Programmable thermostat for 24 hours
- 3-in-1 function piece: fan, humidifier, and cooler
- Comes with safety features and an auto start function
- Pretty loud when the compressor is running
- Does not have oscillating louvers
- Lacks vertical adjustment on output vents
- The drainage hose is poorly designed and located
EdgeStar’s Ultra Compact (8,000 Btu) Portable A/C
If there is a portable air conditioner that knows its job out there then this one is among them. EdgeStar Ultra Compact 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner comes with everything that you need and makes a great addition to your home. It is eco-friendly so you do not have to worry about pollution.
Easy to set up at the window, this one will be the best you will ever have. It’s also definitely quieter than 4-cycle weed eater.
- With rolling caster to move from one room to the other
- 3-fan speed and with directional louvers for the perfect direction of cool air
- Can cover up to 225sq. feet depending on the power you load
- The thermostat can be digitally controlled
- The hose pipe can be extended further by 49 inches
- A little bit noisy
- Only better for a smaller room
- No accessible draining pan
LG 115-volt Portable Air Conditioner
Whether it is the entire home or just one room you have your needs covered. LG has the perfect climate control solution for you with this one of a kind portable air conditioner. It is sleekly designed and will a decent addition to your room décor.
The auto evaporation feature will keep it working for long with no need to remove any water. You can time it on 24-hour sync and have it at your service only when you need it.
- Has an auto start feature that will resume once power is off
- It will cover an area of 200sq. ft
- The roll casters make it easy for it to move around on floor
- 2 fan speed
- Can be somewhat loud but nothing that you cannot manage
Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner (10,000 BTU, white)
This portable air conditioner is sleek and has the entire modern features you would ask for. Honeywell MN10CESWW 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner will cover a relatively large space of up to 350sq. ft. the compressor is environment-friendly and will give you the perfect dehumidifying and cooling solution for you and your little ones chilling in bean bag chairs for kids.
It is the right piece that will do just what you need for a portable air conditioner.
- No manual drainage of water, it does that with the auto-evaporation feature
- The remote control has your movements covered
- Will cover a large area of up to 350sq. ft
- Fast in dehumidifying (71 pins in 24 hours)
- There are complaints that the manufacturer does not honour the warranty once there is a problem.
Whynter (14,000 BTU) Double Hose Portable Air Conditioner
You will get cool wherever you need if you go with this Whynter Portable Air Conditioner. It has an outstanding record of being environmentally friendly and that is something you can be comfortable with around you.
It is effective and will leave your room not only cool but fresh all the time. The dual hose inclusion is easy to install so you will not break the sweat to have it in position. It has an auto-drainage feature so you can rest easy and enjoy the cold.
- Will give you 3 functions i.e. cooling, dehumidifying and cooling
- It is programmable for 24 hours
- Comes with double hose, which is easy to install
- Very efficient in using power
- The window kit may not fit in all windows
- It is a bit loud
Koldfront White (14,000 BTU) Portable Air Conditioner
On efficiency, cost and convenience for use Koldfront have the best portable air conditioner for that. It will cover up to 500sq. ft and that is generous.
The internal condensate system will save you the trouble of having to remove water manually. It will cope with all the humid environments so this is a versatile piece worth every dime you spend on it.
- Perfect environment friend
- Energy efficient
- Will cover a large are of up to 500sq. ft
- Has a window kit and an extensible hose
- Caster wheels for easy mobility and adjustable thermostat
- Some headache when setting up
- Will not give you long service
Frigidaire (5,000 BTU) Portable Air Conditioner
If you want a real small room climate controller then you have an answer in this portable air conditioner. Frigidaire (5,000 BTU) Portable Air Conditioner is fully controllable remotely and you will appreciate that when you come home tired or you do not want to move.
It will keep away bacteria, dust and other unwanted microorganisms from your room. It has a generous speed of 3 fans fast enough to create the kind of coldness you want. It easy to move and you can come with it where you are going. That’s sound great for a portable air conditioner and the price is pocket-friendly.
- Has an antimicrobial feature to keep away any harmful organisms and allergens. This a feature that rarely comes in most of the portable A/Cs
- Comes with directional louvers to direct air exactly where you want it
- A cooling capacity of 5,000 BTU that is adequate for a small room
- It power efficient you do not have to worry about power bills
- Not the perfect portable air conditioner for cooling needs
- You will need a central AC to make it work effectively
Haier HPN12XCM Portable A/C (12,000 BTU)
For a moderate room size, this is the cooling/fan equipment you should have in your home. Haier HPN12XCM Portable Air Conditioner, 12000-BTU will cover maximum space of 450sq, feet with adequate cold to your desire. It is easy to maintain portable air conditioner with washable air filters.
It is easy to install and will fit in vertical or horizontal windows and still give you a good service.
- The temperature is digitally controllable
- 3 fan speed that will give you the cold you need fast
- Everything is controlled remotely so you can do everything across the room without having to move
- Will give a generous cover of up to 450sq. feet
- Quite and big for a portable air conditioner
- The display is too bright and does not dim
|Product Name||Image||BTU||Overall Rating||Details|
|Shinco’s Cooling/Fan Portable Air Conditioner||10,000||10||Check price|
|SPT Single-Hose AC||8,000||7||Check price|
|Whynter Portable Air Conditioner||12,000||7.5||Check price|
|EdgeStar’s Ultra Compact Portable A/C||8,000||8.5||Check price|
|LG 115-volt Portable Air Conditioner||8,000||8||Check price|
|Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner||10,000||7.5||Check price|
|Whynter Double Hose Portable Air Conditioner||14,000||9.5||Check price|
|Koldfront White Portable Air Conditioner||14,000||8||Check price|
|Frigidaire Portable Air Conditioner||5,000||5||Check price|
|Haier HPN12XCM Portable A/C||12,000||8||Check price|
How to Choose a Portable Air Conditioner?
The final decision on the portable air conditioner you will buy is all yours (of course, you have to keep in mind all that you have read here). But in order to ensure that you are getting nothing but the best, here is a guide on how to make your choice:
- Energy efficiency: you will not need a device that will increase your energy bills. An excellent choice of a portable air conditioner should be efficient on power, economical on space and very effective in doing its job.
- Size: how big do you want your portable A/C to be? Since this is a portable piece it should not be too big to move around. It should be something you should carry with ease from one place to another.
- The level of noise: every A/C whether portable or not will make noise. But that noise should not be too much. Choose an equipment that will not be a disturbance at the time when you need a quiet environment.
- Where to place it: most portable air conditioners will be placed on the window. You should consider where you will place your before you make the purchase
- Drainage: will you need a tank to drain water? If yes, then this is not the kind of portable A/C you should be buying. There options in the market that will automatically evaporate the water. This makes things easy ion your end.
- Maintenance: how you will take care of your portable A/C should be a consideration before you buy it. The ones with washable filters will only need insignificant care from you. You should be careful not to choose equipment that will always need your attention.
Why Choose a Portable Air Conditioner?
What are the reasons why you should choose a portable air conditioner? Many homeowners have made the choice and you too. There are many reasons and here are a few;
- They are energy efficient. They will not blow your energy bill out of proportion
- Most of them are environmental friendly hence a good way to reduce pollution. This is something you would want to keep your home hazard-free
- They are easy to move so you can have them cool wherever you want
- They do not require much maintenance; a simple filter wash is all you need to do for most of the portable A/Cs
- Their smaller sizes make them excellent choices for smaller rooms
- They are remotely controlled
Of all the reviewed pieces here, which one makes to be the best portable air conditioner?
I know this is a question you should be asking by now. There is an answer to that question and it is Shinco's Cooling/Fan Portable Air Conditioner that gives you 1,0000 BTU. It is an efficient piece that will not adversely affect your power bills. Installation and use are easy. With remote control, you do not have to move to operate it. It is the right portable air conditioner for the asking price.
By now you should be convinced to buy a portable air conditioner. They are a great addition to your room climate control. They are easy to control and will give you the kind of cold you need faster. It is the time you make your home the comfortable haven it is supposed to be. Make your choice today and bring comfort to every room in your home.