Going through the entire maternity period without a pregnancy pillow can be the most difficult period for an expectant mother.
Without this added piece of support, it is really challenging to find a comfortable sleeping position and one’s quality of life can be negatively affected. For mothers who want to soldier on with their pregnancy and still catch-up with other lifestyle tasks without compromising, investing in a pregnancy pillow can be a good idea.
The challenge, however, is finding a pillow that is soft, well-shaped, flexible, comfortable and most importantly one that is machine washable. Here we review the top 10 maternity pillows available on the market and form a verdict on which one of them is really the best.
Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pillow
This is perhaps the most comfortable body pillow available for all pregnant women out there. The pillow provides excellent belly and back support because of its nice inner-curve. Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pillow works by cradling all of the natural body curves to help keep the mom and the unborn baby comfortable while sleeping.
In addition, it helps eliminate different types of pains that normally occur during the pregnancy months, especially in the legs and hips.
- Shoulder comfort system to help support the shoulder. It allows the shoulder to fit itself properly into the pillow instead of digging in.
- Pillow and case are made of a 50/50 combination of cotton and polyester plus a 200-Thread-count percale.
- Easy-to-remove zipper cover that is machine washable for purposes of easy washing.
- Features a large square headrest area and great belly support.
- Absorbs moisture very well
- Comfortably wraps around the body to provide excellent comfort
- Can be used while nursing the child
- Relieves body pain
- Smaller women may find this maternity pillow rather big
Today's Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow
Yotube Video Review: Today's Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow
Oversized – Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow
Looking for the best pillow that will give you better maternity sleep support? Well, this Total Body Pillow can provide you with the total-body support that you might be looking for. The pillow usually conforms perfectly to your body thereby giving you the ultimate support to your hips, knees, and legs.
- Durable zippered cover that is easily removable for washing and even better care with a 400 thread count feel.
- Uses a 100 percent super-soft Microfiber polyester shell and fill to provide maximum comfort.
- 30-day money back guarantee just in case you are not happy with this pregnancy pillow.
- Distributed exclusively by a company known as Blowout Bedding (RN# 142035).
- Comfortable and soft
- Available in several different size variants and colors to choose from
- Oversized thereby offering more space to kick-back and relax
- Offers better spinal alignment
- Stays cool
- Large in size hence space consuming
J-Shaped-Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow
When you feel you badly need an extra bit of strength and pampering too after a hard day, there is nothing better to take your mind off all the worries like this J-shaped Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow.
Highly recommended for any first-time mothers, this maternity pillow covers a huge range of necessities. It is also ideal for other would-be moms as it’s perfect for variant types of pains and even pregnancies. It is soft enough to hug every part of your body snugly and firm enough to keep your body well supported while resting.
- Comes with a durable zippered cover that is removable. This cover gives you an extra layer of cozy softness while protecting the pillow inside against dirt.
- Tucks easily between your knees to reduce back pain and help with temperature control.
- This maternity pillow has a unique design and shape that aid in supporting the belly, head, and back. This helps in preventing conditions like nasal congestion, heartburn, sciatica and carpal tunnel.
- 30-day money back guarantee and sold exclusively by Blowout Bedding company.
- Long-lasting and easy to maintain
- Better support
- Prevents various pregnancy pitfalls like heartburn
- Doesn’t occupy much space
- A little bit pricey for people on a very tight budget
Boppy Custom Fit Total Body Pillow
If you are pregnant and want to improve the quality of sleep every night, this is a great pregnancy pillow to keep you comfortable during the sleep.
With a design done by physical therapists, Boppy Custom Fit Total Body Pillow can help you get the comfort, support and even flexibility that will keep both you and the unborn child safe throughout the pregnancy period. It measures 17.5 inches by 13.1 inches by 12.8 inches, it is big enough to accommodate all types of pregnant women.
- Machine washable hence easy to maintain and take care of.
- Features three pieces unique contoured design that follows the body line to support the hips, belly, neck and back.
- Boasts extended length design that offers support all-the-way down to your ankles thereby eliminating strain on the hips.
- For the most comfortable sleeping position, this pillow features over 10 different combinations to choose from.
- Delivers great comfort while reducing pain
- Detachable parts allow you to fix the pillow they way you want
- Great even for people who are not pregnant
- Improves sleep quality
- Does not come with separate cover
PharMeDoc Total Body Pillow
Nursing mothers require delicate pillow in order to have a good night sleep hence choosing the best pillow is important. So if you are thinking of buying a maternity pillow, the PharMeDoc Total Body Pillow is worth your money and time.
It supports the entire body and provides you with the right support for both your back and neck. Therefore, you can actually use the PharMeDoc pillow while working on a computer or even traveling if you want the adequate amount of comfort.
- Boasts a zipper removable cover of this pillow is made of 100 percent cotton fabric.
- Features unique J-shape design that allows you to have complete body coverage from head to toe.
- The lush interior cushion that allows you to do away with tossing and turning, aching shoulders, lower back pain, sore necks, and insomnia.
- Free from BPA, Phthalate, lead and latex hence safe for both the baby and the mother.
- Guarantees 100 percent satisfaction
- Relieves all manner of muscle pains
- Ideal for non-pregnant women too
- Accommodates both women and men of all sizes
- Huge in size hence may overcrowd a small bed
Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
Made by a company with great reputation and has been on the market since 1988, Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow deserves a thumbs up rating for all-around support and comfort. It is made in the USA and created to contour a pregnant woman’s body from the first to the third trimester.
Therefore, using this pillow is sure to make you feel well refreshed every morning after waking up.
- The head of this pillow is horseshoe-shaped thereby allowing your neck and head to rest in a comfortable position. It can also be adjusted to the desired height.
- Sham style removable cover that is machine-washable hence easy to maintain.
- Features patented design that was developed by a Registered Nurse (RN) and mom hence very reliable.
- Made from polyester, a durable and comfortable fabric.
- Best-selling body pillow on Amazon
- Ideal for both tall and petite moms
- Prevents muscle aches
- Takes the place of multiple pillows
- Too big to be carried when traveling
back to menu ↑
U-Shaped Premium Contoured Pregnancy Pillow
Pregnancy is a tough time for women because the hormones tend to make the bones weak making back pains a common scenario. Luckily, with the entry of U-shaped pregnancy pillow versions in the market, mothers can now get a chance to change their sleeping position and still be comfortable.
In addition, the fact that U Shaped-Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow is specially contoured means it follows your body’s curves to an extent that it slightly elevates the upper leg to make a significant difference.
- It comes with a removable zippered pillow case a feature that makes it easy to clean and maintain. The cover is machine-washable and it dries quickly.
- The cover is made of soft material with a high thread count which makes it not only durable but also nice to lie on.
- Its shape is designed particularly to support the belly and back – that is ostensibly to prevent complications such as nasal congestion, carpal tunnel, heartburn, and sciatica.
- Nice and comfortable
- Big and suitable even on queen size beds
- Material is soft and non-itchy
- Some people find it firmer than expected
Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow
This pillow is manufactured by Moonlight Slumber – a company that has earned a good reputation owing to its quality of products. Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow is made using Fusion Fiber material which comprises of the high heat resistance polyester polymer. As such, the pillow is extremely soft and fluffy.
Its U-shaped design means it is optimized for relieving pain in pressure points such as the hips, back, neck and the head.
- The U-shaped design is meant to mold itself around the shape of the sleeper’s body and cradle one in complete head-to-toe comfort.
- For those looking for added comfort and softness, this body pillow can be a good bet because it is made with Fusion Fiber which is fluffy, hypoallergenic and heat resistant.
- Covered with a white cotton-polyester pillowcase, which is machine washable. Its filler material is entirely handcrafted here in the USA.
- Highly flexible and can be adjusted to suit different sleeping positions
- Does not clump or lump
- Can be used by a woman of any height
- Regular fluffing may be required to retain the pillow’s original shape
Comfort-U Body Pillow
Yotube Video Review: Comfort-U Body Pillow
Leacho Back N Belly Contoured Body Pillow
One of the most frequently reported problems expectant women face during bedtime is the inability to breathe comfortably.
Fortunately, with this pillow, your head is elevated and you are able to breathe comfortably. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow provides proportionate support to the stomach and back thereby eliminating any chances of gastric reflux, carpal tunnel or nasal congestion. In addition, it aligns and elevates your hips to a neutral position thereby reducing stress on your joints.
- Has two contoured legs that can be used for one to comfortably shift from one side to another.
- It is large enough for most beds spanning 51 by 33.5 by 8.8 inches and weighing just 7 pounds.
- It has a removable cover that is easy to clean – and if damaged after frequent use it can still be replaced.
- The filler material is a blend of polyester and cotton bringing out an end product that is quite cozy and comfortable to sleep on.
- Suitable for any kind of body shape
- Aligns your stomach, back, head and hips
- The material used is hypoallergenic
- Its seams take up a huge space of its surface
Leachco Back N Belly Contoured Body Pillow Review
Yotube Video Review: Leachco Back N Belly Contoured Body Pillow Review
KHOMO @ Extra Light Full Body Maternity Pillow
This is yet another of the U-shaped pillow models that enable one to stretch out and support the whole body. But unlike other pillows that we have come across in this review, this one is way lighter and easier to use. Its cover comes with a zipper which means KHOMO @ Extra Light Full Body Maternity Pillow is removable for machine-washing.
- It is designed in U-shape in order to support the entire body and conform with different body types.
- It has a removable cover which is easy to clean and replace in case it gets worn out.
- Perfectly sized for all bed types, leaving enough space for the partner (if sharing a bed) and offering just enough comfort to stay comfortable throughout the night.
- Light and thin
- Machine washable
- Can be used before and after pregnancy
- The pillow is a bit short at the legs so tall sleepers may not really enjoy it
Advantages of Pregnancy Pillows
A maternity pillow is one of the inventions that have been devised to support expectant mothers at various stages of motherhood. One of its major benefits is that it braces and supports the tummy hence easing pressure on your spine and reducing pain and discomfort.
In addition, this important pillow can help prevent allergy especially if one invests in one with hypoallergenic polyfills.
|Product Name||Image||Filling||Overall Rating||Details|
|Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pillow||Polyester||10||Check price|
|Oversized – Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow||Microfiber Polyester||9||Check price|
|J-Shaped-Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow||Polyester||8.5||Check price|
|Boppy Custom Fit Total Body Pillow||Polyester||9.5||Check price|
|PharMeDoc Total Body Pillow||Polyfill||9||Check price|
|Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow||Polyester||9.5||Check price|
|U-Shaped Premium Contoured Pregnancy Pillow||Polyester||8||Check price|
|Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow||Synthetic Down||9.5||Check price|
|Leacho Back N Belly Contoured Body Pillow||Polyester||9||Check price|
|KHOMO @ Extra Light Full Body Maternity Pillow||Cotton||8.5||Check price|
Yet another major benefit is that it improves your quality of sleep by providing maximum support for all the hours that one needs to rest. Last but definitely not least, these pillows can be used beyond the pregnancy and can even improve the mother’s breastfeeding experience.
With their features closely similar, picking the best one among them becomes a tricky affair. For this guideline, we took a closer look at the user experience judging from factors such as flexibility, comfort, durability and affordability.
Taking all those factors into account, we found Today's Mom Cozy Comfort Pillow to be really the one that deserves the top position. Not that other maternity pillow choices are too bad, but because this one is just a cut above the rest. Its workmanship, stitching, and even presentation are just world-class. We also love the fact that it has a large headrest and that its thread count is just perfect to achieve that much-needed soothing touch.