Many golf courses do not allow golfers to wear spiked golf shoes, but how do you really get the best golfing traction with spikeless golf shoes?
Luckily, the golf shoe industry has you covered. With improvements over recent years, you can get a similar amount of grip with no spikes which tear up the green in the golfing course. Spikeless shoes are cheaper, as metal isn’t needed for spikes, plus they are styled the same as astro turf boots used for soccer or trainer type shoes.
Are you discontented of the poor quality of various spikeless golf shoes? Here is a complete guide that will help you find the preferable golf shoes for you.
ECCO Men’s BIOM Hybrid Spikeless Golf Shoes
ECCO Men’s BIOM Hybrid Golf Shoe Overview
- Leather and synthetic
- Synthetic sole
- Synthetic and leather upper featuring breathable perforations
- Lace-up vamp offers centralized support
- Hydromax treated leather ensures BIOMs’ dryness
- Grip is enhanced by molded traction bars positioned at outsole
- Very attractive and comfortable
- Super soft leather and very flexible soles
- Good traction and light weight
- Irreplaceable tread
- Their shoes are not made a half-size
Adidas Men’s Adizero I Spikeless Golf Shoes
Adidas Men’s Adizero One Golf Shoe Overview
- One-piece upper and ultra-light sprint skin with Adidas climaproof protection provide maximized comfort as well as a glove-like fit without a need of stretching new shoes
- External sprint web TPU layer offers unrivaled upper stability on lateral movements
- Re-engineered Pebax powered sprint frame outsole features a secondary traction and a wider base for ultimate performance
- Low-profile Stealth Cleat provides more cushioning, tour-proven traction, improved green friendliness and better surface area contact
- They are waterproof
- They help with better grip
- Great looking and feeling shoe as well as light weight
- They lack any kind of ventilation
- The toe box is extremely narrow and not comfortable
Ashworth Mens Cardiff ADC Leather Spikeless Golf Shoes
- Leather with durable and waterproof mesh design ensures incredible breathability keeping you cool always
- PU soft sock liner and EVA plush midsole create great cushioning for more comfort
- Newly constructed spikeless outsole provides increased flexibility and traction
- 2-Year Waterproof Warranty
- New comfort last provides more generous forefoot increasing comfort
- They fit well and are very comfortable
- Surprisingly good grip on muddy and uneven surfaces
- Easy to remove and replace insoles with custom inserts
- Difficult to clean
- Not suited to muddy or wet conditions
Nike Men’s Lunar Control II Spikeless Golf Shoes
- Manmade and ergonomic design supports ideal flexibility and natural motion
- Rubber sole delivers greater comfort
- Lace-up golf shoe with full-length contoured sock liner and Lunarion cushioning
- Flywire midfoot saddle
- Articulated power-platform outsole with Nike power transfer zone to promote better weight transfer, power through impact and balance
- Nike golf-specific lug patterns for lateral support, walking comfort and penetrating traction
- Impressive comfort, style, and functionality
- Durable, super comfortable and less expensive
- The shoes feel fantastic and fit great
- Removable spikes and wide sole base
- The shoe’s front is very narrow and very tight
- The shoe is too high causing much discomfort
DAWGS Men’s Spirit MGS Spikeless Golf Shoes
DAWGS Men’s Spirit MGS Golf Shoe Overview
- Synthetic and high-quality EVA rubber outsoles for protecting your foot and heels by absorbing shock
- Adjustable hook, ventilation holes, and loop fastener keep your feet comfortable and cool to be worn with/without socks
- Lightweight and ultra-soft
- DWAGS massaging footbed featuring arch support
- Available in various colors
- Made with soft, stretchy-like, rubbery and super flexible material
- Spikes can be molded onto the shoe’s soles to offer excellent grip and traction on the course
- Easy to clean and come in great price
- They are not completely waterproof
- No half sizes
- Velcro tab offers very small room for adjustment
- Vibram Five Fingers Reviews — Experience Barefoot the Way It Is Meant to Be
- Nike Free Trainer 5.0 Models — Reviewing Your Choices
- Hunting Boots — Choose Your Perfect Pair
- Durable Work Boots Reviewed – Plus Buying Guide (2018)
Adidas Men’s Tech Response Spikeless Golf Shoes
- Synthetic upper fabric and lightweight mesh enhance comfort and breathability
- Synthetic and soft insole offers lightweight cushioning and comfort
- 6-spike configuration features thintech low profile technology for more stability and traction
- Feel great and are well supportive
- Mesh tops offer ventilation always great in hotter conditions
- Low in price
- Very lightweight plus good traction
- Not waterproof causing your feet to get wet
Adidas Men’s Adizero Sport II Spikeless Golf Shoes
- Spikeless puremotion configuration enhances comfort and flexibility
- EVA sole with spikeless texture for improved stability without causing any damage to the golf course
- Made from mesh, microfiber and leather for breathability
- Lace-up closure makes sure the shoes are perfectly fitting
- Consists of a solid print that has colorful accents
- Slightly padded footbed offers extra support
- Excellent fit, great traction and very comfortable
- Impressed design, affordable price and good quality
- Waterproof feature works well
- They are not well ventilated and cool
- Are loose in the heels and tight on the sides
Adidas Men’s Puremotion Spikeless Golf Shoes
Adidas Men’s Puremotion Golf Shoe Overview
- Synthetic sole plus the spikeless and anatomically shaped outsole offer natural fit for enhanced stability and comfort
- Wide and web-shaped forefoot ensures more natural movement, flex, and grip for improved balance
- CLIMAPROOF mesh upper fabric delivers waterproof protection for athletic functionality
- Very lightweight and flexible
- Waterproof yet breathable
- Great traction on sand, grass and dirtSurprisingly stable platform and good arch support for improved energy transfer while swinging
- The shoes are sized small; you need to find a half-size bigger that normal
- Can be slippery on the golf course
Adidas Men’s Adicross III Spikeless Golf Shoes
Adidas Men’s Adicross III Golf Shoe Overview
- Water-resistant upper fabric features a classic Adidas inspired design
- Lightweight cloud-foam sock liner offers ultra-light comfort and cushioning
- Abrasion-resistant rubber outsole ensures full-length spikeless comfort, traction, and versatility
- Spikeless traction pattern uses 100 strategically positioned traction lugs in different sizes for ultimate grip and traction in all conditions
- Lightweight EVA sock liner provides long lasting comfort
- Fairly water resistant
- Perfect grip
- It is well ventilated and breathable
- Runs a little narrow and small
- The shoes are not very comfortable causing discomfort
PUMA Men’s PG Clyde Spikeless Golf Shoes
PUMA Men’s PG Clyde Golf Shoe Overview
- Waterproof synthetic upper fabric maintains dryness and comfort
- EverFoam technology improves the forefoot cushioning
- Decoupled heel construction ensures smooth weight transfer
- Storm Cell technology offers maximum protection during play in any kind of weather
- Puma EverTrack rubber outsole delivers lightweight cushioning
- S2 Quill spikes can provide optimum versatility and grip
- 1-year waterproof warranty
- Excellent weatherproofing
- Fit perfectly
- Comfortable and cheap spikeless golf shoes
- Spikes can be distracting and annoying
- The shoes are abnormally heavy
Tips on How to Choose Spikeless Golf Shoes
The most recent advancement in golf shoes has been the successful introduction of the Street or Spikeless Golf Shoes. Essentially designed for style and comfort, these low-profile shoes are flat-soled and lightweight. Most use dimpled soles or rubber studs instead of the standard golf spikes, making them perfect for the 18th hole as well as firm surfaces like driving range.
Many professional golfers now wear spikeless golf shoes, for comfort that can help foot and back pain. However, these shoes score less on grip, waterproofing, and stability. The molded soles will provide little grip in wet and longer grass and usually, they aren’t designed to ensure waterproofing.
Other concerns like the inability to replace the worn out spikes and spikeless sole’s durability have been improved by the development of latest rubber technologies that various manufacturers claim will last longer than these kinds of shoe.
Some of the necessary factors that you should not overlook when buying spikeless golf shoes include:
Leather is the most popular option for spikeless golf shoes in the market. The leather is made and added to the shoe’s exterior creating a tight fitting, stretch-free waterproof shoe. It is then perfectly designed to stabilize the shoe’s surface and is a better choice for summer golf because it’s more breathable compared to other materials.
Top manufacturers can offer a 1 or 2-year waterproof guarantee. However, the leather’s manufacturing and the price are reflected, so prepare to pay more for quality.
|Product Name||Image||Material||Overall Rating||Details|
|ECCO Men’s BIOM Hybrid Spikeless Golf Shoes||Leather and synthetic||10||Check price|
|Adidas Men’s Adizero I Spikeless Golf Shoes||Synthetic||8||Check price|
|Ashworth Mens Cardiff ADC Leather Spikeless Golf Shoes||Leather||9.5||Check price|
|Nike Men’s Lunar Control II Spikeless Golf Shoes||Synthetic||9||Check price|
|DAWGS Men’s Spirit MGS Spikeless Golf Shoes||Synthetic||9.5||Check price|
|Adidas Men’s Tech Response Spikeless Golf Shoes||Synthetic and fabric||9||Check price|
|Adidas Men’s Adizero Sport II Spikeless Golf Shoes||Synthetic||8||Check price|
|Adidas Men’s Puremotion Spikeless Golf Shoes||Synthetic||8.5||Check price|
|Adidas Men’s Adicross III Spikeless Golf Shoes||Synthetic and leather||8||Check price|
|PUMA Men’s PG Clyde Spikeless Golf Shoes||Leather||9.5||Check price|
- Waterproof Linings
The top spikeless golf shoes material for waterproofing is Goretex, even though other manufacturers use their own versions. Very water resistant and extremely thick, Goretex is a popular option for winter play.
The material is fully waterproof and breathable and feels considerably warm than leather, making it the wrong shoe for golf abroad or hot summer golf.
Synthetic is a cheap alternative to leather and uses a manmade upper instead of a material covering the shoe. This nonporous polyester is spread over the spikeless golf shoes to protect the shoe’s outer shell. This kind of lining is thinner and lighter than leather, hence less price but not very breathable.
These synthetic shoes are less common because manufacturers can produce cheaper shoes using alternative manmade materials that provide more breathability and comfort.
You won’t be a contented golfer if your golf shoes do not fit correctly, no matter their great look. New spikeless golf shoes will give you more room to feel secure and tight, freely move your toes and ventilate your feet. You need your golf shoes to be a bit tighter than your usual shoes, for extra support when you swing the club. If your shoes are very loose, you can lose stability and slide when swinging.
In addition, you should measure your feet before selecting your new shoes. Also, make sure to wear extra thick socks usually worn by many golfers for comfort while playing when trying on the new golf shoes.
Spikeless golf shoes usually range around $55 to $222 in price. Depending on the frequency of playing, you should weigh up some options before spending on an expensive new pair of shoes, which is not the best golf shoe for you.
- Frequency of Play
How regularly you play golf may be a great factor in the amount you are willing to use on a new pair of spikeless golf shoes. If you play a few times every year, it won’t be important to invest a huge amount of money on golf shoes. However, if you play regularly, like every weekend, investing in high-quality golf shoes will be more prudent.
Golfers spending more time on the golf course will need golf shoes that will provide high levels of support, breathability, and comfort.
All the spikeless golf shoes reviewed in this guide can be suitable for your needs but ECCO Men's BIOM Hybrid Spikeless Golf Shoes rank highly compared to the other types. This Hybrid model consists of a dual-density outsole with softer areas for extra comfort and harder areas for more stability. Its breathable and soft Yak leather uppers offer lasting protection.
The BIOM Hybrid also feels light with the upper fabric more breathable and waterproof after being treated with the Hydromax process. The two tone sole features a TPU outsole which is firmer to improve stability when swinging and mainly provides extra comfort when walking.
With the ECCO BIOM Hybrid spikeless golf shoes, you should not be concerned about grip issues, for their design features (Traction Bars) to provide excellent grip. Extra firmness is also ensured with the extension around the sole's heel which is a standard feature for ECCO.
Inside the shoe is an insole with circular rings beneath your ball and heel of your foot providing extra grip and unique feel. Below the insole is a common BIOM contoured material which was designed to match the movement and shape of a normal foot. If you do not have normal feet or you wear orthotics, you have to check if contouring affects your orthotic. Based on a natural motion philosophy, the BIOM Hybrid spikeless golf shoes have a more neutral design which can work well with orthotics for everyone to benefit from the ECCO's design brilliance.
Additionally, the ECCO Biom spikeless golf shoes come in 9 different colors for you to choose depending on the place you live. Silver flashes add a modern twist to the current classic style. Also, there is a 2nd set of laces for each pair to enable you to fine-tune your appearance to your preferable look or style. The nocturnal style is covered by certain tongue colors which appear semi-luminous in a half-light, however, all these flashes are not likely to restrict your own style when wearing the shoes off course.
As the spikeless golf shoes are highly on demand, the BIOM Hybrid is pricey, but it is good value for your money. Either way, you view it, if you need a nice shoe to wear on & off the course which is waterproof, provides good grip, stylish and comfortable, then the ECCO Men's BIOM Hybrid spikeless golf shoes are certainly right for you.