Keeping your floor clean is a number one option. That is why you deserve nothing but the best steam mop.
But how do you find one? Or how do you choose the best for your needs?
These are some of the questions you should be asking yourself. And if you really want answers you are reading the right post that will give you a guide on how to choose the best steam mop.
The only way to ensure that you are getting the best steam mop; it is bringing to your attention the options out there. This is why this post will review top of the best steam mops. Nothing will be left to chance for at the end of it, you deserve to have the best steam mop.
So, what options for best steam mop are on your plate of choice?
Hoover’s Twin Tank
This Hoover best steam mop should be the perfect choice for your home. It is going to be the most effective tool you can have over germs in your home. On top of giving you a steam for cleaning, it adds on a steamplus disinfectant leaving your home safe from any germs.
Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop, WH20200 is a versatile piece that comes with the power to leave your floors not only stainless but void of any single germ to cause harm.
- With steamplus disinfectant, this best steam mop kills 99.9% of germs. This is not a gimmick to sell but the actual truth
- Easy and quick controls when you have to change from light to heavy cleaning and vice versa
- It is versatile. It will clean most of your home purchases and that is something you need; You can maneuver even the tightest angles of your floor and leave no chance for dirt
- The 2-tank feature gives a choice you will not be getting from the single tank kinds
- A long cord that will allow you to clean without unplugging it
- It is rather difficult to keep pressing down the trigger the entire time you are cleaning
Dirt-Devil PD 20000
With a system that continuously generates steam, this best steam mop not only leaves your floor and other surfaces clean but free from soaking water. Dirt Devil Easy Steam Mop, PD20000 comes with microfiber cloth pads that you can wash over the machine. This will leave you with less on your hands in terms of maintenance.
- Its V-shape gives you the chance to access all corners leaving no chance for germs to hide anywhere
- The continuous steam is evenly distributed over the surface ensuring thorough cleaning of every inch
- Dirt Devil is easy to maintain given that it has microfiber cloths that you wash with a machine
- 1500 wattage that only needs 30 seconds to generate steam from water tap
- The handle is flimsy hence chances for breaking
- It is a single tank steam mop and thus may not give you the cleanest surfaces
Shark’s Steam Pocket Mop
This is a real deal for anyone looking for a light steam mop. Its ease of use definitely puts Shark in the category of the best steam mop.Shark Steam Pocket Mop (S3501) is suitable for a range of floor and surfaces so you are not just buying it for the present but for the future as well. Just single push and you have the steam doing its work on your floor.
- It is light in weight making it easy to use. You do not need lots of energy for it
- The patented microfiber pads make things easy for you on maintenance
- Its versatility is something you will love. It will clean a range of floor so you will not be buying a new one with a change of floors
- No harsh chemicals and gives you 99.9% assurance against harmful bacteria
- You have to heat your water first before using it in this steam mop; This makes it less effective
Shark Steam Pocket Mop Review
Shark Original S3101
It is a steam on demand piece that gives nothing but the best when it comes to cleaning hard floors. Shark Original Steam Mop (S3101) is effective giving a sanitization of up to 99.9%. It’s light and easy to use properties make it a favorite choice among many customers.
- Superlight design that makes Shark perfect for anyone who does not want to get tired of cleaning their floor
- Requires no mop thus leaving your floor super dry and sanitized
- No chemical to worry about
- Produces a powerful steam on demand thus no wastage of power and water
- Replacing the pads is expensive
- The pivot is small and it would be better it was bigger
- The handle is weak and you feel like it is breaking every time you make a stroke
All-in-One Bissell Symphony
Talk of the best steam mop you can have your hand on and this one would make to that list. It has edgy bristles that give the steam the advantage of leaving your surface with a desirable glow.
Bissell 1132A Symphony All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop (4 Mop Pads Included) has a cyclonic vacuum effect that picks on debris. Here is a mop that will do most of the work for you.
- Saves your time since it does 2 tasks at the same i.e. picking up debris as well as sanitizing surfaces
- It is easy to use and the 5-handle adjustability gives you full control
- It makes a muddy mess since it picks up debris
- Not easy to fit a spare part
Oreck Steam 100LRH
It is light and that is a feature many of us want in what we would refer to as the best steam mop. Oreck Steam-It Steam Mop, Steam100LRH can also be used upside down with no spoilage. The controls are at your fingertips leaving fully in charge of how cleaner you want your floor.
- Comes with a long cord that will give you wide coverage without unplugging it
- No chemical so you floor is safe
- You can adjust the steam settings to your preferences
- Serves you long on full tank (40 minutes of continuous steam)
- It feels feeble on your hands
Bissell Hard Floor Mop
In 30 seconds you will have steam rolling. Bissell Steam Mop Hard-Floor Cleaner, Green Tea, 1867-7 is an instant best steam mop that leaves no chance for dirt or germs. You are getting the value for your money as this mop does not have chemicals to do any damage.
- Instantly produces steam thus saves on your time
- Easy to use and effective when it comes to cleaning and sanitizing
- No chemicals but yet effective
- The cord is too short to cover any considerable floor space
Shark Professional S3601D
Hard floors like hardwoods will need not just nay mop but the best steam mop to give them the best the best cleaning touch. Shark Professional is just that kind of mop you need.
It is excellent for both light and heavy cleaning so you have a tool that has your cleaning under control. The wide mop head ensures you get to every corner for efficient cleaning. It will give you 99.9% killing of germs.
What more can you ask for?
- It has a rectangular mop base that will access all corners; You will be leaving no dirt or germs on your surfaces.
- No chemicals for your cleaning
- It has an XL capacity water tank. You will not be refilling it every other minute
- It has an intelligent edge when it comes to controlling steam
- It heats up quickly so you will be getting down to cleaning seconds have you turn on your device
- The wash pads may not last for long as you may want
Bissell Blue 1940 Powerfresh
This best steam mop from Bissell goes deeper into the surface you are cleaning getting to all dirt and germs lodged in there. It comes with Smartset controls making the job easy for you.
You can set BISSELL 1940 Powerfresh Steam Mop, Blue for light cleaning when you need and go heavy with the setting depending how dirty the surface is. Once you are done it, leave a very nice scent that lasts for quite some time. You have 2 removable pads so you have time to clean one while you use the other.
- It gives you steam faster so you do not have to wait for long
- It can go for most of the floor surfaces; This is the kind of versatility that comes with the best steam mop you can lay your hands on
- It has fragrance disks that leave your home fresh
- The tank is on the top side making it easy for you to add water whenever it runs low
- Comes with easy controls that you do not need anyone to teach you on.
- The steam has to keep on running for the entire time you are using the mop
It is the first of a kind steam mop from O-Cedar. It is built to last for a long time without giving you any problems. This microfiber steam mop heats in 20 seconds saving time and energy. O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop is eco-friendly and leaves your floor and carpets 99.9% sanitized.
- Heats in only 20 seconds
- It is extra light at only 5lbs. It will be easy to use it
- Comes with adjustable control for the steam
- No chemical and guarantees 99.9% of sanitization
- It comes with a warranty, which is only valid in Canada
O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop
|Product Name||Image||Capacity||Overall Rating||Details|
|Hoover’s Twin Tank||16.9 oz.||10||Check price|
|Dirt-Devil PD 20000||10 oz.||7.5||Check price|
|Shark’s Steam Pocket Mop||450 ml||8||Check price|
|Shark Original S3101||220 ml||8.5||Check price|
|All-in-One Bissell Symphony||12.8 oz||8.5||Check price|
|Oreck Steam 100LRH||-||7.5||Check price|
|Bissell Hard Floor Mop||-||8||Check price|
|Shark Professional S3601D||450 ml||8.5||Check price|
|Bissell Blue 1940 Powerfresh||32 oz.||9.5||Check price|
|O-Cedar Microfiber||32 oz.||9.5||Check price|
How to Choose the Best Steam Mop
When it comes to buying the best steam mop it is may be more challenging than you think. There are so many of the mops out there and finding the best needs more than just knowing what you want.
So, how do you ensure that you buy the best steam mop?
- What floor or surface will you need the steam mop for? The kind of floor or surface you clean will determine what steam mop you are buying. Yes, there are versatile pieces out there but that does not mean you will not get a specific one for your floor. There are those that come with a bias for ceramic floors, other for vinyl while others are good for carpets. Make your choice based on this.
- Double or single tank? This is a very crucial question you have to find an answer for. Steam mops come in single as well as double tanks. The double tanks have a cleaning edge so you should know.
- The level of maintenance. There are those that come with a more demand for maintenance other only require regular wiping and washing of their pads. Something with low maintenance needs would pass for the best steam mop tag.
- The price. You have a budget and it should give you worth of every dime. Prices vary so you should go for what you can afford but still something that will give you the best service.
I know you may have made a choice of what to buy. Need I remind you that you need the best steam mop if you are to bring efficiency and effectiveness in your floor cleaning?
Not at all, but out of all the mops reviewed here, there must be one that does the job better than the rest. Which one is it? Hoover's Twin Tank makes the most impression on customers. No wonder it has the best recommendations from those who have had the chance to use it. I would also not flinch to endorse it for the best steam mop slot.
First, it comes in 2 tanks. One is for steam while the other gives you steamplus disinfectant. As you know, steam alone cannot take care of the harmful bacteria you may have on your floor and carpets. It also comes with an easy to use design and this is what one would want in their steam mop.
Its versatility is something you cannot overlook. If you are like me you would want a steam mop that would be suitable for a number of floors because you do not know when will be the next time you change your vinyl for ceramic.
As much as Hoover's Twin Tank carries the day for the best steam mop; that does not mean it does not have some sort of competition. Shark's steam pocket mop is a good option. It is versatile just like it sits with Hoover's Twin Tank.
That's not all; it is light and easy to use just what many customers preferred in their best steam mop. But there is one thing missing: it does not have the dual tank feature making it a lesser competitor. But if you think this is the kind of steam mop you would want then it has a lot to offer.