Parents and caregivers are increasingly using toddler trampoline to keep the toddlers engaged. At this age, your little one is full of energy, and they could use that energy jumping on a trampoline as it will enable them to develop motor skills while having fun at the same time.
Trampolines offer an excellent recreation experience and are also effective tools for occupational therapy for toddlers with mental, physical and cognitive disorders. Currently, there are countless varieties of toddler trampolines on the market, and careful consideration is needed in choosing the right one.
This review will guide you in making the purchase decision based on research and past consumer experience.
Skywalker Trampolines 40 In. Round Lily Pad Adventure Bouncer with Enclosure
- Price: $49.16 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 40 x 40 x 55.6 inches
- Weight: 18.1 pounds
- Features: Gap free enclosure, Padded foam enclosure frame, reinforced zipper
- Safety pad material: vinyl
- Recommended age: 3 to 7 years with a 100 lb. weight capacity
- It has a hands-on design that enables children to develop motor skills as they bounce.
- It is easy to set up and use.
- It has a sturdy frame, and this enhances your child’s safety.
- The gap-free enclosure is firmly attached to the jumping surface, so one does not have to worry about accidents.
- It has arched enclosure poles and a wide frame base that gives more stability.
- The stretch bands provide your toddler with a soft bounce that is enjoyable.
- It has a high weight limit thus increasing its usability.
- The padding of this toddler trampoline is thin, and this reduces the durability of the trampoline.
Little Tikes 3′ Trampoline
Little Tikes 3′ Trampoline Overview
- Price: $39.99 with free shipping for orders over $49
- Dimensions: 36 x 36 x 33.5 inches
- Weight: 15.3 pounds
- Weight limit: 55lbs
- Number of kids allowed: 1
- Recommended age: 36 months – 6 years
- Features: handlebar for safety
- Material: plastic and metal combination
- This toddler trampoline has thick plastic feet that help to keep the trampoline in place, so you are assured of your toddler’s safety.
- Its maintenance routine is simple since you only have to wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- It has a special padded bar designed to help the kid stay upright as he bounces.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- The toddler trampoline is for indoors use only, and this limits its usefulness.
- Assembly is required, and this can be tiresome if one is working alone.
The Original Toy Company Fold & Go Trampoline (TM)
- Price: $69.99 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 36 x 36 x 34 inches
- Weight: 16.9 pounds
- The number of kids allowed: 1 kid, with a limit of up to 150 pounds.
- Recommended age: 36 months – 7 years
- Assembly of this toddler trampoline is easy. All you have to do is unfold the trampoline, attach the handle, screw on the legs and start using. It also comes with clear assembly instructions from the manufacturer.
- The legs are angled, and this offers added stability and safety for your kid.
- It meets all the United States standards such as ASTM certification, and this makes it a more trusted product.
- It is suitable for both outdoor and indoor use making it effective for all seasons.
- Kids on the lower weight limit for this product do not have the required effect on the trampoline when they bounce so they do not find it fun.
- The toddler trampoline needs more weight to hold it down if a child is doing big jumps to avoid tipping over.
Original Toy Company Fold & Go Trampoline Assembly
Yotube Video Review: Original Toy Company Fold & Go Trampoline Assembly
Pure Fun Kids Jumper Trampoline
Pure Fun Kids Jumper Trampoline Overview
- Price: $61.64 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 43 x 15 x 3 inches
- Weight: 12 pounds
- Features: no-spring bungee system, cushioned handle for firm grip, ergonomically curved safety bar for stability.
- Recommended age: 3-8 years with weight capacity of 75lbs
- Frame material: steel
- No-spring construction ensures safer bouncing because it is sturdy.
- It has a strong handle running the entire length on one side for enhanced stability.
- This toddler trampoline has a large surface area for the child to move about comfortably.
- It takes a lot of time to assemble.
- It is not springy enough, so some kids do not find it fun to play with.
- It can only be used by one kid at a time.
Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline
Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline Overview
- Price: $56.85 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 37.8 x 35.5 x 42.8 inches
- Weight: 2.9 ounces
- Recommended age: 36 months – 7 years
- Features: triangle-shaped, has musical statues, has two handles, has a multi-game sound system.
- It is durable, so children can use it for a long time if it is given proper care and maintenance.
- The sound system in this toddler trampoline makes bouncing more fun and engaging for your child.
- It is designed with brightly colored bumper pads to attract children and make the experience enjoyable.
- The mat of this toddler trampoline is held in place by bungee cords instead of the traditional springs, and this reduces the likelihood of your child tipping over during play.
- The toddler trampoline requires 3 “AA” batteries which are not included in the purchase, and that is an added expense.
- Assembly is a bit complicated, and it takes much time for one person to complete.
- Mini Quadcopter Choices — Greatest Reviews for You (2017)
- RC Planes Reviews — Shop the Best One and Fly for Fun
- Top 10 Best Bean Bag Chairs for Kids Reviews — Always Stay Comfy
Bazoongi 48″ Bouncer Trampoline with Handle Bar
- Price: $69.99 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 27 x 14 x 6 inches
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Features: 6 legs, galvanized springs
- It disassembles easily for travel or storage purposes.
- The handle is cushioned for firmer and more comfortable grip.
- It has two additional legs in comparison to other models, and this offers more stability.
- The galvanized springs are rust resistant, so this trampoline is suitable for outdoor use.
- It has a simple maintenance routine.
- This toddler trampoline is small, and this reduces the jumping space for your child.
- It has a low weight capacity (80 pounds).
- Although the toddler trampoline has been designed for both indoor and outdoor use, it tends to wear out fast during outdoor use.
- The use of springs in this trampoline exposes your toddler to the risk of injury.
Kangaroo’s 36″ Kids Trampoline, Indoor Trampoline For Kids
- Price: $65.00
- Weight: 14.3 pounds
- Weight capacity: 150lbs
- It is well balanced and does not tip over.
- It is made with elastic bands instead of springs, so it does not cause injuries to children.
- The price of this toddler trampoline is fair, and one gets value for money.
- It has a high weight capacity and is therefore preferred by many.
- The toddler trampoline can flip forward as the kid bounces, so kids have to be under adult supervision.
- It does not have a safety mesh, so toddlers could easily fall over especially if they do high jumps.
Pure Fun 36-Inch Kids Mini Trampoline
- Price: $45.99 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 33.5 x 15.7 x 3.3 inches
- Weight: 14 pounds
- Recommended age: 3-7 years
- Weight capacity: 75lbs
- The frame is made of steel, and this makes it sturdy and durable.
- It offers excellent stability because it has six legs.
- The curved safety handle ensures that your toddler gets a firm grip, thus enhancing their safety.
- It is easy to assemble, and one does not require extra tools.
- It uses elastic bungees which offer safer suspension than the traditional springs.
- It has bright colors, and this gives it an appealing look.
- The bungee cord breaks easily thus putting your toddler at risk.
- The padding on the bar tears easily.
Galt Folding Trampoline Overview
Galt Folding Trampoline Overview
- Price: $59.63 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 20.3 x 13.8 x 7.3 inches
- Weight: 12.6 pounds
- It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- It is sold at a fair price.
- It comes with clear assembly instructions, and the assembly process does not take much time.
- The construction of this toddler trampoline adheres to US safety standards.
- It could tip over and has to be used under direct adult supervision.
- It is easy to disassemble for storage since you only need to remove the handle and fold down the legs.
SkyBound Super 7 The Perfect Kid’s Indoor/Outdoor Trampoline, 84″ H
- Price: $169.99 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 78 x 78 x 84 inches
- Weight: 73 pounds
- Features: safety enclosure net, zinc plated springs, padded steel tube frames, permatron jumping mat, high-quality mesh netting.
- Shape: Octagonal
- Weight capacity: 110lbs
- It has been constructed using quality material which enhances safety and durability.
- The mesh design makes adult supervision easier.
- Assembly is easy, and maintenance is effortless.
- The springs offer more bounce, making playtime fun for your toddler.
- The frame has been lined with safety padding made of thick foam, so your toddler is less likely to suffer injury.
- It disintegrates within a short time with outdoor use.
|Product Name||Image||Weight Capacity||Overall Rating||Details|
|Skywalker Trampolines 40 In. Round Lily Pad Adventure Bouncer with Enclosure||100 lbs||10||Check price|
|Little Tikes 3′ Trampoline||55 lbs||8||Check price|
|The Original Toy Company Fold & Go Trampoline||150 lbs||9.5||Check price|
|Pure Fun Kids Jumper Trampoline||75 lbs||7.5||Check price|
|Diggin JumpSmart Trampoline||80 lbs||8||Check price|
|Bazoongi 48″ Bouncer Trampoline with Handle Bar||100 lbs||8.5||Check price|
|Kangaroo’s 36″ Kids Trampoline, Indoor Trampoline For Kids||150 lbs||9.5||Check price|
|Pure Fun 36-Inch Kids Mini Trampoline||75 lbs||8||Check price|
|Galt Folding Trampoline Overview||55 lbs||8||Check price|
|SkyBound Super 7 The Perfect Kid’s Indoor/Outdoor Trampoline||110lbs||9||Check price|
Tips on How to Choose a Toddler Trampoline
There are different toddler trampolines of varying quality and design. Some are good and safe for your toddler while others pose hazards during play. Shopping for the right trampoline for your toddler can be a tiresome and time-consuming activity but with the following tips, the work will be easier.
Here are some of the factors you should consider before making the purchase.
Trampolines come in various sizes, and it is important to get one that will comfortably fit in your space. For the safety of your toddler, you need to place the trampoline on a level ground that is free of hazards, and away from furniture or other household items.
You also need to leave some space on the sides for easy mounting and dismounting, and a 5 meters space overhead so that your child can bounce comfortably. Available space also determines the shape of the trampoline. Round trampolines usually take up a lot of space.
The trampoline ought to be strong enough to handle your toddler’s vitality. Also, toddlers grow really fast, and the trampoline needs to accommodate their increasing weight. Buy one with a long range of recommended age so that you can use it with other children in case one has outgrown it.
Some toddler trampolines are designed for both indoor and outdoor use. In such cases, you will usually need to move them a lot, and you need to consider the lighter options. This factor also applies for those who want to avoid dead patches on the lawn. They wouldn’t need a hefty trampoline due to the constant movements.
Your toddler could easily fall off from the trampoline, so it helps to have a net around the trampoline to keep them safe. In some cases, the safety nets are supplied separately from the trampoline by the manufacturer. Ensure that the safety net is fixed on the inside part of the padding. This ensures that in case your toddler falls, they will not hit the trampoline edges which could cause serious injury.
Although it is unlikely that you will leave your toddler unsupervised on the trampoline, it is necessary to ensure that it has a safety padding covering the metal frame and the springs. This will protect your child from suffering injuries should they fall and hit the frame. In case you buy a toddler trampoline that has no safety padding, ensure that it has a soft edge system with no springs or steel frame.
Toddler trampolines come in different models, and each has age limit and weight capacity limits. Following those manufacturer regulations will keep the trampoline from breaking easily, so the toddler can use it for a long time. It will also enhance the safety of the toddler since the trampoline will remain steady and your toddler will not tip over.
Toddlers are particularly concerned with how their toys appear. Downplayed hues and dull colors will not appeal to them. Choose one with bright colors as this will be fun for them. Some trampolines have cartoonish pictures and drawings which make the toddler more interested in playing with them.
As with any other item, your budget is a major determinant when choosing the best trampoline. Look for a good one within the affordable range and enjoy the benefits. Ensure you are getting value for your money by comparing different brands before you decide.
However, don’t let high prices put you off because the benefits of getting your toddler a trampoline far outweigh the cost. Some of the cheap options may be preferable, but you could find yourself going back to the market sooner than expected when they break.