Top 10 Best GoPro Selfie Sticks & Poles Review in 2021 — Which One to Buy?
I have been asked several questions about which GoPro stick one should buy if interested. Meanwhile, I decided to purchase a few in order to test them out and give you all an unbiased review of 10 of the most coveted & best GoPro selfie sticks on the market today.
To get to the main aim of writing, I can’t provide a definite answer. This is because, what you’re going to buy ultimately depends on your budget, what you’re using it for and what conditions you will be in the majority of the time. As such, I did a detailed review of each to give you a feel of what you’re looking for.
Read on this review of best GoPro sticks as these few paragraphs will help you get your money’s worth when buying time comes to order.
|Product Name||Image||Reach||Overall Rating||Details|
|GoPro The Handler||–||10||Check price|
|SANDMARC Pole||40″||9,5||Check price|
|CamKix Waterproof Telescopic Pole Floating Hand Grip||6.7″-15.7″||9||Check price|
|Fugetek FT-568 Professional Selfie Stick||49”||9||Check price|
|Vicdozia Portable Hand Grip Waterproof Extension Selfie Stick||8.6” – 37.8”||7||Check price|
|Selfie Stick Tripod, 45 Inch Extendable Selfie Stick Tripod with Wireless Remote Control||50”||9,5||Check price|
|GoPro 3-Way Grip||7.5” – 20”||8||Check price|
|SANDMARC Pole – Compact Edition: 10-25″ Waterproof Pole||17″ – 40″||9,5||Check price|
|Trehapuva Selfie Stick, 19” Waterproof Hand Grip Adjustable Extension Monopod Pole Compatible With GoPro Hero||11.9″ – 31.6″||9||Check price|
|Sandmarc Pole for GoPro Hero 4, 3+, 3, 2 1 and HD Cameras||17″ – 40″||9,5||Check price|
- How we tested
- GoPro The Handler
- CamKix Waterproof Telescopic Pole Floating Hand Grip
- Fugetek FT-568 Professional Selfie Stick
- Vicdozia Portable Hand Grip Waterproof Extension Selfie Stick
- Selfie Stick Tripod, 45 Inch Extendable Selfie Stick Tripod with Wireless Remote Control
- GoPro 3-Way Grip
- SANDMARC Pole – Compact Edition: 10-25″ Waterproof Pole
- Trehapuva Selfie Stick, 19” Waterproof Hand Grip Adjustable Extension Monopod Pole Compatible With GoPro Hero
- Sandmarc Pole for GoPro Hero 4, 3+, 3, 2 1 and HD Cameras
How we tested
Since selfie sticks have blown up in recent years with the rise of the modern-day smartphone, it has been difficult to find high-quality ones. They worked their ways into dollar stores and discount retailers everywhere, Then, dupes and duds began to saturate the market. People began growing frustrated with their inability to find a product that lasts them longer than a few uses. That’s why we set about trying to test products– to find out which ones would be worth your money. Before the actual product testing process though, we first had to find products to test. To go about identifying our product testing pool, we first sorted through tons of real product reviews online. We wanted to see what actual customers were saying about their purchases. We were able to identify twenty different options that we wanted to take a closer look at. Then, we ordered them and checked them out in person. After evaluating them all in person, we then chose the top ten to publish on this review list.
To begin with, this is a GoPro selfie stick. GoPro The Handler (Floating Hand Grip) is designed specifically to be used with GoPro camera. This is a standard feature.
However, what sets this GoPro stick apart is the fact that it has been made from a high-quality non-slip material which gives you comfortable and secure grip so you can better aim your camera and capture any angle you want.
Additionally, it can float any GoPro camera plus BacPac accessories to allow you to shoot precisely in and around water. This buoyant handgrip is perfect for water sports as it can capture immersive footage while kayaking, surfing, boating or wakeboarding. It is also worth appreciating that it is waterproof up to 10m.
GoPro The Handler (Floating Hand Grip) (GoPro OFFICIAL MOUNT)view on Amazon
- Comes with a GoPro thumb screw wrench that acts as a double opener
- Has a wrist strap that provides heightened security for your camera
- Can be difficult to see when it is over bright
The SANDMARC Pole is a truly versatile stick in that it doubles up as a GoPro stick, an iPhone selfie stick, a DLSR monopod and even more.
This means that iPhone, 4, 5, 6 and 6S plus many other Android smartphones are perfectly compatible along with every other version of GoPro Hero cameras. If you’re a water buff, then you’ll be thrilled to know that it is very durable and has an extension pole of 17-40” inches.
Furthermore, it is compatible with tripods and is totally waterproof (no Bluetooth or electronic parts) meaning you can go with it anywhere.
SANDMARC Pole - Black Edition: 17-40” Waterproof Extension Pole (Selfie Stick) for...view on Amazon
- It acts as a self-standing monopod as there is an extra thread at the bottom that attaches to the tripods
- Comes with a free carabiner to attach to your bag more securely-each is sold separately, though
- It is not small as to fit into your bag pack (40 inches long and 17 Inches when folded)
CamKix Waterproof Telescopic Pole Floating Hand Grip
The CamKix Waterproof Telescopic Pole Floating Hand Grip is yet another classic addition that will enable you to get closer to the action. Extended from a compact 6.7 inch to a long 15.7 inch, the pole can be secured at any length using its simple twist and lock system. All you have to do is twist clockwise to lock, adjust to your favorable length then twist counter-clockwise to unlock.
Additionally, you get two straps which enable you to connect your Wi-Fi remote comfortably to your arm or the pole itself so you can simply start and stop shooting while the pile is up in the air. It is also worth appreciating the fact that the pole is specifically designed from aluminium which makes it a breeze to carry around due to its light weight.
On the other hand, CamKix handle sports a soft foam coating for secure and comfortable grip.
CamKix Waterproof Telescopic Pole Floating Hand Grip - Compatible with Gopro Hero...view on Amazon
- It has a variety of mounts for full versatility — the mount for GoPro can be removed anytime to reveal a standard camera mount for other digital cameras
- You get a one-year money back guarantee when you purchase the product on Amazon
- Most customers loved the fact that the pole is sturdy but complained of a weak pivot
Considered as one of the best GoPro poles, the Fugetek professional GoPro stick is designed with functionality, performance, and user-friendliness in mind. Fugetek sports a black, all luxurious aluminium design that doesn’t look or feel anything like cheap. The highly removable and adjustable mounts will guarantee you full compatibility for your phone as well as other devices.
To that effect, it has two interchangeable mounts all the way from 4.2 inches to 49 inches. The fact that it can be locked securely means that you can now kiss goodbye to phone slippages and breakages.
Additionally, it has a fast connecting Bluetooth remote that is compatible with all devices from iPhone, Android, GoPro and digital cameras.
Fugetek FT-568 Professional Selfie Stick with Bluetooth Remote for Apple, Android, Gopro...view on Amazon
- To lock, all you have to do is flip it; You do not have to twist it to lock. This means that you will have wobble free selfies
- It is specially made with the toughest and most durable material. It has a non-slip rubber handle grip for full security when using it
- Bluetooth remotely connects very fast
- Not so compact, it will not fit into a bag pack due to its length
Vicdozia Portable Hand Grip Waterproof Extension Selfie Stick
Appreciating the firmness of a solid grip for your GoPro camera cannot get better than using the Vicdozia Portable Hand Grip Waterproof Extension Selfie Stick. This buoyant handgrip is made from soft foam material for heightened stability and control, thus making it easy to aim the camera and make beautiful selfies with confidence.
The grip boasts a tripod adapter that can comfortably accommodate any GoPro camera as well as support any direction of rotation to shoot the angles you want.
Additionally, it is entirely compatible with all GoPro versions from HD Hero 4, 3, 2 and 1 digital cameras plus most other digital cameras. Its anti-slip groove design ensures that there is zero rotation when capturing photos.
Vicdozia Portable Hand Grip Waterproof Extension Selfie Stick Handheld Monopod Adjustable Pole...view on Amazon
- The selfie stick is foldable. Folded size is 22cm while extended size is 96cm
- It is made of alloy metal, soft foam, and plastic to ensure it has a non-slip handle
- Many customers complained of durability issues once they started using it — it couldn’t stand the test of time
Selfie Stick Tripod, 45 Inch Extendable Selfie Stick Tripod with Wireless Remote Control
The Arespark is a truly compact aluminium selfie stick for GoPro, compact cameras, DLSR and all smartphones. Selfie Stick Tripod, 45 Inch Extendable Selfie Stick Tripod with Wireless Remote Control is crammed with so many amazing features; you can hardly resist it.
First, it can extend from 16 inches all the way to 50 inches — it’s the longest GoPro stick you’ll ever come across as it enables you to view a vast back sight. Its 180 degrees rotating angle allows you to to get the right angles for the perfect selfie capture. With regards to safety, it has three great clamps on the monopod to ensure it doesn’t fall off without warning. Its grooved monopod enhances stability while the grip on top of the monopod increases handle firmness.
It is also worth noting that it has a built-in wrist strap which prevents it from falling. Moreover, the Bluetooth remote control is separate and not integrated to ensure that it can be used underwater.
Selfie Stick Tripod,45 Inch Extendable Selfie Stick Tripod with Wireless Remote Control，Compatible...view on Amazon
- The fact that it is made from aluminium means that it is an unyielding selfie stick
- It is not only safe but also convenient thanks to its three clamps which lock securely and prevent it from falling
- At a length of 50 inches, it is one of the longest selfie sticks on the market enabling you to capture wide angles
- It won’t fit in your pocket or bag pack due to its size
If you liked this article, you’ll also be interested in:
Bubble Machine Reviews — Which One Is Really the Best of 2021?
Key Finders Reviews — How to Bag the Perfect One
Glow in the Dark Paint Reviews — Why Do You Need One?
The GoPro 3 Way is an ultra-versatile stick that can be used in three main ways — like a tripod, as a camera grip, and as an extension. It has a folding arm which is perfect for follow-cam or POV footage and makes it very easy to capture selfies. Unlike other mounts where the GoPro stick is seen in the selfie, the GoPro 3 way doesn’t thanks to its foldable arm.
The handle acts as a camera grip as soon as the arm is detached from the mount. Additionally, there is a mini tripod inside the handle that can be removed and used on its own or combined with the handle. It can be adjusted from 19cm to 50.8 cm and is fully compatible with all GoPro cameras.
GoPro 3-Way Grip, Arm, Tripod (GoPro OFFICIAL MOUNT)view on Amazon
- It is waterproof meaning it can be used both inside and outside water
- Its 3 in one design makes it ultra-versatile for taking several shots at different angles
- Many customers complained of a standard design and build
SANDMARC Pole – Compact Edition: 10-25″ Waterproof Pole
The SANDMARC Pole – Compact Edition: 10-25″ Waterproof Pole is one of the most sought after devices thanks to its superior design and amazing features. It is an extension pole that boasts of a CNC aluminium thumbscrew and aluminium compatible tripod mount that connects to GoPro Hero 4, 3, 2 and 1 cameras for perfect shots.
It has a twist locking system and an adjustable pole from 17 inches all the way to 40 inches. This means that it can also be used as a camera grip when it is folded, as a pope Mount for POV footage and as a follow-cam when fully extended. It is worth appreciating that it is specially made from waterproof materials making it an ideal partner for outdoor activities and underwater adventures.
Additionally, it comes with an extra nylon carry bag with zippered compartment, adjustable shoulder strap and cinch-cord opening for you to keep your selfie stick safe and take it wherever you go.
SANDMARC Pole - Compact Edition: 10-25" Waterproof Pole (Selfie Stick) for GoPro...view on Amazon
- Comes with 100% lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects giving you the full confidence to buy it
- Allows you to capture any angle you want
- Can be passed from one buddy to another when doing outdoor activities
- Collapsed length cannot fit in your pocket or your bag pack making it harder to carry when not in use; But this is well catered for because it comes with its own nylon bag
Trehapuva Selfie Stick, 19” Waterproof Hand Grip Adjustable Extension Monopod Pole Compatible With GoPro Hero
The Extending GoPro Stick is perfect for use with digital cameras, GoPro cameras, and most smartphones. It is specially made with lightweight aluminium for easy mobility when in use. Its handle is made from soft foam to ensure that it is non-slip thus giving you a comfortable touch.
Additionally, it has a waterway wrist which can be safely attached to your wrist to prevent slippages and breakages. It is adjustable from 13.9 inches to a maximum height of 33.6 inches when there are no obstructions to give you a broad angle for capture. Its camera holder can also be rotated 180 degrees to control the viewing angle and allow you to capture shots at the angles you want.
The tripod mount is meant for the GoPro while the cell phone clip is meant for mobile capture.
Trehapuva Selfie Stick, 19” Waterproof Hand Grip Adjustable Extension Monopod Pole Compatible...view on Amazon
- It is entirely compatible with most cell phones with Android OS or IOS
- It has a Bluetooth remote control meaning it can be used in and out of water
- For some phones, it cannot work until it is installed with an app called camera 360 from Google Play Store
The Sandmarc Pole is another GoPro stick that meets with rave reviews thanks to its sleek all black aluminium design. It is specially made from waterproof materials, a rubber grip and an adjustable wrist strap to withstand the most extreme of conditions. With its new aluminium tripod mount, you can rest assured of extra durability and stability of your GoPro shots.
Extending from just 17 inches all the way to 40 inches, you can take close and wide shots while snowboarding, skiing, diving, surfing or skateboarding. It comes with a detachable mount that allows you to use the pole with a wide range of devices as well as a remote holder clip for safe mounting.
SANDMARC® Pole - Black Edition: 17-40" Waterproof Telescoping Extension Pole (Selfie Stick)...view on Amazon
- Designed to be used with all GoPro Hero cameras
- Comes with 100% lifetime guarantee
- Extension joints feel stiff after use in water
Tips on How to Choose the Best GoPro Stick
- Mount Capacity: Before buying a GoPro stick, you must have an idea of the device you’ll be attaching to it so that you can be sure the clamps of the selfie stick are just the right size and weight.
- Durability: High-quality material such as steel and aluminium will make your GoPro stick last longer and guarantee resilience even when it falls or gets scratched.
- Waterproof: The only way to ensure you get the freedom to use your GoPro stick is to have it at full capacity. This means it should be usable both inside and outside water.
- Extendable Length: The main reason behind buying a selfie stick is to have the flexibility of taking both short and long shots. That is why, the more extendable your GoPro stick is, the better.
- Lifetime Guarantee: To eliminate the risk of unknown manufacturing defects, it is always advisable to buy a GoPro stick that gives you a lifetime guarantee, meaning it can be returned anytime when you need a fix.
It is really a great article. This is what called review.