We set off to find the ten best drafting tables as sold by Amazon. If your work requires you to create artistic designs, one of these drafting tables will most likely come in handy.
They are suitable for architects, drafters, interior designers, graphic artists and a myriad of other complex activities. You will notice that we included models in different designs to ensemble the décor of your room and match up your preferred price range.
Read on to locate the best drafting table for you.
|Product Name||Image||Work Surface||Overall Rating||Details|
|13251 Deluxe Craft Station||36’’W x 24’’D||10||Check price|
|Eclipse Craft Center in Black||35.5’’W x 23.5’’D||8||Check price|
|Martin Universal Design Creation Station Deluxe Drafting Table||40’’W x 24’’D||8||Check price|
|Coaster Desks Drafting Table||41’’W x 24’’D||9.5||Check price|
|42in Vintage Drafting Table||42’’W x 30’’D||9.5||Check price|
|Comet Center with Stool||36"W x 23.75"D||9||Check price|
|Drafting and Craft Counter Height Desk||32"W x 21"D||8||Check price|
|10050 Futura Craft Station||34"W x 28"D||9.5||Check price|
|10057 Futura Tower||33"W x 21''D||8.5||Check price|
|Martin Ashley Drafting Table||35.5"W x 23.5''D||8||Check price|
How we tested
The better your drafting table is, the more efficiently you will be able to work. You will also most likely enjoy your work more if you appreciate your setup. Drafting tables are no small investment though, and it can also be tricky to identify good ones if you are not sure what you are looking for. That is why we did the work for you. We started out by doing internet research in order to figure out what products were worth testing in the first place. Customer reviews were particularly helpful during this part of the testing process. Once we found drafting tables that we wanted to test, we ordered them to our product testing space and went about setting them up. Once they were all put together, we evaluated them based on things like their comfort and performance. Then, the experts came together and compared their notes to create the final list that you see above.back to menu ↑
13251 Deluxe Craft Station
The Deluxe Craft Station by Studio Designs is another drafting table that makes it to our top ten list. It features a huge and comfortable work surface plus a space to keep most of your supplies. The table top quickly adjusts all the way to 40 degrees to create a convenient position for you to work on. All you have to do to achieve your desired angle is to tip the top part of the table and lock it into place. It is also worth noting that the unit comes with 3 slide drawers and 4 side trays to give you ample storage space. A 24-inch pencil ledge is also available to slide up and lock into place as and when required.
Studio Designs 13251 Deluxe Craft Station, White/Maple
- Has a cup holder and a metal frame holder for paint, glue gun, and any other accessories
- Has four wheel casters with safe dual locking for a secure and mobile workspace
- At 41 inches W by 24 inches D by 30.75 inches to 46 inches H, it is one of the most convenient drafting tables on the market today
- Many customers complained of problems during assembly, but after following instructions, they were able to set it up
Eclipse Craft Center in Black
This beautiful 3-piece drafting table by Studio Designs is the definition of affordability, convenience, and comfort. Studio Designs 13364 Eclipse Center, Black with Whitefeatures a table top that can be adjusted up to 40 degrees to create a comfortable workspace and keep all your supplies within reach. It has a 24-inch pencil ledge that easily slides up and then locks into place as needed.
Additionally, the set has a set of three conveniently placed drawers for storage purposes when the table top is full of activity. It is also worth noting that it comes with a padded stool that’s just the right height for the table. With regards to construction, the drafting table has six-floor levelers made of durable heavy steel.
STUDIO DESIGNS Eclipse Craft Center in Black / Black 13365
- At 35.75 inches W by 23.75 inches D, the eclipse craft center is definitely one of the most convenient workspaces you can get at a very affordable price
- It has a smooth black finish that complements most home decors and leaves a simplistic but elegant look
- Some customers complained that the part drawers are too flimsy, but that only depends on the amount of material you want to be stored in there
Martin Universal Design Creation Station Deluxe Drafting Table
Martin Universal Design Creation Station Deluxe Drafting Table by Alvin is yet another classic addition to your home workstation as far as arts and crafts are concerned. It boasts a sturdy tubular steel construction with a powder-coated finish that’s just hard to resist. Its laminate tabletop features rounded corners creating a comfortable workspace where you can keep your supplies within reach. The drafting table can be adjusted all the way to 30 degrees thanks to its one-hand tilt-angle mechanism.
Additionally, it comes with two storage units with three drawers each. A plastic instrument tray and metal pencil ledge are also included. And you do not have to hurt your legs once you pull up your chair as there is 21 inch of legroom available.
Martin Universal Design Creation Station Deluxe Drafting Table, Black with Cherry Top
- Height can be adjusted from 28-32 inches in the horizontal position making it comfortable and convenient to use
- It ships ready to assemble and can be set up within minutes
- A couple of reviewers were crying of stability, though a majority of them didn’t have this complaint
Coaster Desks Drafting Table
This versatile drafting table from Coaster home furnishings will be another excellent addition to your home’s workspace. Coaster Desks Artist Drafting Table Desk features a generous table with a clear tempered glass top that easily tilts whenever you want to draw or read.
Additionally, it has a lip at its lower end to ensure that your work is kept in place when the top is lifted. Its solid metal construction and sophisticated gray finish will definitely match up your home’s décor. A mini cabinet on the side is yet another noteworthy feature that makes this unit a must buy.
Coaster Desks Artist Drafting Table Desk
- It has a clean and contemporary design
- Its solid construction means you will enjoy it for years
- It is one of the sturdiest drafting tables. Does not wobble at all
- Has a small storage space with only one small mini-cabinet
42in Vintage Drafting Table
The simple yet stylish design of the vintage drafting table by Studio Designs is one of the main reasons why customers flock to buy it. STUDIO DESIGNS 42in Vintage Drafting Table Rustic Oak 13305 has a spacious 42-inch workspace on an elegantly designed wood with inbuilt pencil ledge. Its antique finished top adjusts all the way to 90 degrees to offer you a comfortable and convenient workspace where you can also store your items. The drafting table is constructed with solid wood frame for stability and durability.
Its antique finished top adjusts all the way to 90 degrees to offer you a comfortable and convenient workspace where you can also store your items. The drafting table is constructed with solid wood frame for stability and durability.
STUDIO DESIGNS 42in Vintage Drafting Table / Rustic Oak 13305
- At 42 inches W BY 30 inches D, the work surface is more than enough to do your job and keep all items within close reach
- Its height can be adjusted from 34.5 to 46 inches to provide a convenient height that suits your likes
- The desk is not very high, and therefore one may be forced to look for a smaller stool
Comet Center with Stool
Comet Center is another 3-piece drafting table by Studio Designs with a comfortable working space that keeps your supplies easily accessible. The table surface can be adjusted all the way to 20 degrees to suit your working needs.
Additionally, it features a 24-inch pencil ledge that lets you slide the table and lock it into place as needed. It also has three adjacent drawers on the side to give you ample storage space plus a padded stool that’s just too comfortable you can even sleep in the middle of work.
STUDIO DESIGNS Comet Center with Stool Silver / Black 13325
- It is made of durable gauge steel and six-floor levelers to provide enough stability
- The work surface is 36 inches W by 23.75 inches D to provide you with ample space
- Its height can be adjusted from 29.5 to 32.5 inches for convenience
- Apart from a few minor defects when shipping, it is a great buy for its affordable price
Drafting and Craft Counter Height Desk
This Counter Height Desk from Dorel Living doubles up exquisitely as a craft desk or a draft desk. It offers ample working space as well as storage space to cater for all your job needs. Its tilting design enables one to tilt the main table top while maintaining a side area that provides extra lighting and can be used for storage of your laptop and tools.
Additionally, the surface has a handy lip that enables you to keep your things organized and within reach when the top is tilted.
Dorel Living Drafting and Craft Counter Height Desk, Espresso
- It has durable construction and a gorgeous espresso finish
- It has three shelves and two drawers for sufficient storage space
- It has a tilting surface with a handy lip
- It comes with so many parts that you have to fix to get a drafting table; though this is by no means a deal-breaker
10050 Futura Craft Station
This small but perfect drafting table from Studio Designs is great for crafting and drafting all thanks to its spacious tempered blue glass top. The glass surface adjusts all the way to 35 degrees. Studio Designs 10050 Futura Craft Station, Silver Blue Glass features one large pencil drawer, three slide-out drawers for supplies and four removable side trays for additional storage.
Additionally, it has a 24-inch pencil ledge that slides up and then locks into place to keep all your pens and pencils safe. Its solid heavy-gauge construction and powder coated finish plus four levelers for stability make it an excellent addition to your home workspace.
Studio Designs 10050 Futura Craft Station, Silver/Blue Glass
- It doubles up as a light table
- Available in black, silver, white or clear glass
- At 38 inches W by 24 inches D, it has a spacious work surface that can suit all your drawing and art activities
- The holes in the plastic sleeves are said to be small; They can hold brushes but not pens
10057 Futura Tower
The Futura Tower from Studio Designs provides ample space to store all your supplies. With a table surface of 33 inches W and 21 inches D, you will certainly be treated to a grand workspace. It has a blue tempered glass top and a 24 by 9 inches lower shelf to offer you everything you could wish for.
The table adjusts up to 40 degrees in six different angles to suit your preferences. Constructed of durable steel with powder coated finish, durability and stability aren’t out of the question. Additionally, it has a 24-inch pencil ledge that slides up and then locks into place as and when needed.
Studio Designs 10057 Futura Tower, Silver/Blue Glass
- Has one combo magnetic, 2 cup holders and 4 removable art trays to add to its versatility
- Has an extra-large pencil supply drawer
- Has floor levelers on every leg to provide maximum stability
- Has so many parts that can make it quite difficult to put together
Martin Ashley Drafting Table
The Martin Ashley Drafting Table has a workspace that measures 23.5 inches by 35.5 inches. Its height can easily be adjusted from 26 to 30.5 inches for convenience and comfort when working. The table has boot guides which allow it to be tilted easily.
It comes with a pencil trough for storing pencils, pens, brushes and any other items. Additionally, it features three drawers on one side and a foldable utility rack to provide extra storage space on the other side. You will be thrilled to know that it comes with a padded stool that is just the right size for its height.
Martin Ashley Art-Hobby Table with Stool, White Top, 23-1/2-Inch by 35-1/2-Inch Size...
- Has an elegant melamine surface that compliments most decors
- Its 3 drawers, utility rack and pencil trough provide a lot of space for storage
- Assembling it can be quite a task, but once you succeed setting it up, it is a great product
How to Choose a Drafting Table
Look for a drafting table that can be slanted. This way you wouldn’t have to lean forward all the time. It also helps to avoid back and neck problems in the future.
Obviously, you also need to consider the amount of work surface you will need. Whether you’re looking for a small drafting table or a big one is entirely up to your preferences.
If you’re buying a drafting table for home use, consider a lightweight table that can be easily moved around to create additional space. If you’re buying for an office environment, look for a heavier more durable one.
Look for a drafting table that can tilt to suit your different needs. Generally, most tables will tip from 30 to 40 degrees. If you want more tilt angle, be sure to look for one with a steeper tilt angle.
Besides the inclined surface, you may want an extra side table with a horizontal surface to store your stuff. If you want more space to store your laptop or a place to put your other accessories, then looking for a drafting table with a horizontal side table will be a great plus for you.
If you’re going to be spending long hours drawing or drafting, you do not want to be constantly banging your legs and knees on obstacles such as metal rods beneath the table. Check underneath the table for any obstacles before buying.
Consider the type of additional features you would like to have. Some tables have lockable drawers to protect your items. Others have armrests and footrests to provide maximum comfort. There are also in-built rulers and slide up pencil ledges that will come in handy in the course of your work.
Also, decide whether you’ll need a drafting table with adjustable height. Some people like to be seated when drafting so a table that can be adjusted to allow you to use a chair comfortably will be great. Fixed drafting tables offer a four-post design and are typically between 30 to 37 inches in height.