Beds are some of the most important purchases most homeowners make for various obvious reasons. Sleep is an important part of life that rejuvenates the body and gives us a strength to wake up ready for activities of the day. In order to get the best quality sleep, you must invest in top quality beds, which include bed frames and mattresses.
Everyone deserves a comfortable bed especially if you want the benefits of good quality sleep. This is why some invest in a king size metal bed frame and mattresses while others prefer other qualities. Finding comfortable bed frames and mattresses should never be a daunting task. However, not all options you come across in the market will depict desirable qualities.
When it comes to choosing a comfortable sleeping place, bed frames are just as important as mattresses. The bed frame you chose will greatly impact the level of comfort you achieve. Bed frames are also crucial especially since they affect issues of space, bedroom interior design, and your overall budget.
The common types of bed frames are made of either metal or wood. Metal bed frames are often less expensive when compared to the wooden frames and are the best option if you want to invest more in the mattress than on the bed. Metal frames are also very durable and are made to last for years.
Nonetheless, modern king size metal bed frame and adjustments are made of iron which is prone to corrosion. Some have an anti-corrosion coating to protect them from elements although most will peel off from time to time. Therefore, it is important to keenly evaluate your options before investing in metal frames so that you get the best frames that are affordable, durable and safe.
High-quality king size metal bed frames have various hallmarking attributes that can be used to distinguish them from others in the market. Some of the things you should review include material used, aesthetic design, portability, size, durability and quality guarantees/warranty.
This is the only way you can be sure of getting a king size metal bed frame that will last longer. Some of the top models in the market include the following.
How we tested
If you are in the process of choosing a King-size metal bed frame for your home, you might be overwhelmed because of the large variety of options. Because there are so many options, it can be difficult to choose one without any external information. There are also so many beds being sold that are of poor quality and made with cheap materials. It can be difficult to avoid this if you do not know exactly what you are looking for.
You want to make sure your brand new bed is sagging right away, and you definitely do not want to hear the creaks and squeaks of the wood. You should be looking for a high-quality product that is affordable yet durable to make your life a little bit easier.
When testing out the metal bed frames ourselves, we decided to look into the headboard, the appearance, if it had a warranty and return policy, and if the design was adaptable. We found that these aspects were important for users to look into in order to find a bed frame that is the perfect match for their home. After testing all of these features, we narrowed our search down to a couple of frames that were our favorites.
We recommend paying close attention to an easy assembly and good material so that you do not have future problems. Once you’ve done your shopping correctly, you’ll be sure to find the right product that suits your needs.back to menu ↑
- Handy Living Bed Frame King is a 2-in-1 bed frame that comes together with a spring combination
- It has 8 sturdy steel legs which remove any need for a box spring
- Features sinuous spring base for supporting the mattress and providing even spreading
- 14 inches of under-bed clearance offering additional extra storage space
- A sturdy supportive bed frame perfect for both big and small sized people
- Supports all kinds of mattresses
- Wide king size frames suitable for king size mattresses
- Easy to put together and disassemble when relocating to another place. You can easily do the assembling without the need for a professional.
- Some of the legs may begin bowing sooner than expected especially if used by teens who love to jump around
- The assembly and dissembling joints may begin squeaking after a few uses if not fitted on a tights space
- Not suitable for centered arrangement
- Foundation King LUCID Foldable Metal Bed Frame eliminates any need for a spring box
- Offers 13 inches of bed clearance and 45 cubic feet of under-bed storage
- Features heavy duty wire grid that can be used with foam, spring and latex mattresses
- Foldable bed design that is easy to set up and move around
- Supports up to 1250 pounds
- Sturdy king size metal bed frame perfect for different types of mattresses
- Comes with a five-year warranty which outlines top quality
- Has a high weight limit accommodating many people without bowing
- Easy to use, move around and maintain
- Double metal construction offers leg supports
- The legs may bend from time to time due to its easy setup design
- It may take time to get all the legs down on the ground during setup
- Not suitable for centered arrangements since the legs may snap into the folding position causing injuries.
- Adjustable Steel Bed Frame by Zinus Compack features 9 legs for stability support
- Utilizes steel bars and locking systems to prevent snapping and moving
- Safety recessed leg design
- Adjustable for various mattress sizes including queen, full and king size
- Requires a box spring and mattress set
- Perfect king size metal bed frame that can also be adjusted for full and queen mattresses
- Offers 9 sturdy legs with three centered legs when the bed is spread to full king size
- Adjustable durable and safe bed frame solid as a rock
- Ideal for children as well as adults and pets
- It still requires a spring box and mattress set since there is no wire grid or mesh to support the mattress
- The small legs mean less bed clearance and space
- Much like the adjustable steel bed frame, Zinus Compack 9-Leg King Size Bed Frame features 9 legs for support
- As strong easy locking steel bars
- Uses spring box and mattress set
- Recessed legs for support and safety
- Sturdy steel construction that will last many years
- Safety locking systems eliminating need for constant precaution
- Easy to assemble and disassemble king size metal bed frame
- Perfect for all types of mattresses as long as you have a box spring and mattress set. This makes it a versatile product that suits different types of mattresses.
- Lacks a wire grid of spring mesh to support the mattress
- The frame has sharp edges that may bruise playful little kids. This is a danger that has been a major drawback of this product.
- The legs are also stretched out and you may occasionally kick a leg and get a bruise when you wake up hurrying
- The SmartBase construction offers support for up to 2400 pounds
- Has 14 inches of clearance offering under-bed storage space
- Features a sturdy wire grid replacing box spring and mattress sets
- Zinus 14 Inch SmartBase Mattress Foundation is easy to assemble and disassemble without any tools or the need or an expert
- Sturdy steel king size metal bed frame with 12 support legs
- Has a 12.5-inch raise allowing you to store things under the bed
- Easy to disassemble, move around and reassemble
- Strong durable bed frame that requires no box springs
- The legs may bow or even break for overactive kids and enthusiasts who jump around
- The aesthetic design could have been improved as it looks quite basic and outdated
- Heavy duty metal bed frame that can be adjusted to all sizes (twin, XL, full, queen, king…)
- Features 7 sturdy legs each fit with rug rollers to move around
- Steel double rail centered supports
- Hercules Adjustable Universal Metal Bed Frame is easy to assemble and disassemble with headboard screws and attachments
- Comes in a new improved packaging
- Durable steel metal bed frame that can be adjusted to meet current needs
- Easy to disassemble and move around, set up and roll from one corner to another
- Sturdy safe bed frame that supports different types and sizes of mattress
- Does not feature meshes and grids thus requiring box spring and mattress sets
- Low bed clearance leaving no storage space
- May bow or break down if exposed to jumps and over activity
- Strong metal bed frame with 10 wood slats for mattress support and longevity
- Modern Studio Zinus 10 Inch Metal Bed Frame is easy to assemble (within minutes) and eliminates the need for a box spring
- Features plastic feet to protect your floors
- Fashionable easy to assemble and disassemble metal and wood bed frame
- Durable, sturdy and safe
- Offers protection for your floors and mattress
- Has a 5-year warranty period which projects high quality
- Due to manufacturing faults, this king size metal bed frame has some wood slats may be too long or too short
- The durability of wood slats and plastic feet is not quite reliable. This is a clear indication that the frame can easily break or be unstable.
- Strong metal bed frames complete with grids for mattress support
- Requires no tools to assemble and disassemble
- Features 100% steel construction from legs to frames and grids
- Best Price Mattress New Innovated Box Spring Platform Metal Bed Frame supports king size mattresses
- Uses double metal construction for improved stability
- Does not require a box spring or mattress set
- Has a 14-inch clearance under bed space
- Super strong bed frame made of 100% steel only
- May begin squeaking if exposed to over activity
- The bars may also begin to cave in after a couple of months especially if used by jumpy kids
- Sturdy bed frame made for standard king size mattresses
- Features black steel and wooden slats separated 2 inches from each other
- Does not require box spring as the wood slats offer mattress support
- Wood Slat Metal Bed Frame by Handy Living holds up to 300 pounds on each side
- A basic standard bed frame ideal for any bedroom design
- Has 9 steel legs for support and wooden slats for mattress layering
- Cheap sturdy king size metal bed frame perfect for both kids and adults
- With this king size metal bed frame, assembly is not quite easy to achieve
- It may be very comfortable but not as sturdy; overactivity may cause it to fall apart
- Features SmartBase Elite construction that offers mattress support
- 14 inches bed clearance leaves 12.5 inches of under-bed storage
- Features an all-around steel construction that supports up to 4400 pounds
- Zinus Elite SmartBase Mattress Metal Bed Frame has easy assembly and foldable design for easy storage
- The Elite grid construction eliminates need for traditional box springs and mattress sets
- Easy to assemble without any tools or help; can be folded and stored in a smaller space
- Fashionable sturdy design that compliments any bedroom design
- 12 strong steel legs and horizontal connecting steel bars improve stability and safety
- May not be suitable for latex mattresses
- Some manufacturing faults such as bent edges may appear. Other claims have also named various faults and bowing
How to Choose the Best King Size Metal Bed Frame
The reasons for choosing king size metal bed frame are quite obvious and straightforward. They can be divided into two broad categories; benefits of king size bed frames, and benefits of metal frames over other materials. Metal bed frames are significantly durable than any other material and are made to last long. They are also convenient as it requires no professional help or tool to assemble and disassemble. What’s more, they are cheap when compared to wooden bed frames and are easily available in the market. Metal frames are also easy to customize and modify to suit your bedroom design. Having a good king size metal bed frame is a good investment that will guarantee you nothing but comfort and style.
On the other hand, king sized beds are fully customizable and have various health benefits. They relieve pressure points and joint pains among other pains. They add space and comfort and can be used for any bedroom design.