Power, weight, mobility, and durability are all important considerations in choosing a power screwdriver.
This tool plays a very important role at home and whether you are a professional or DIY enthusiast you will need to find one that gives you the best value for your money.
Finding the best model of all is however not always an easy task. Sometimes, even after reading through dozens of screwdriver reviews, arriving at a final choice that doesn’t disappoint can be tricky.
The market is full of variety. Some are locally made while others are imported. And since most marketers are looking to make a quick sale, it is very easy to be lured into buying something that doesn’t fit the bill.
So how exactly can you (the buyer) see through all these false claims?
Well, ransacking through tonnes of content on Google in order to make that final decision is not always a cake walk. That’s why we decided to make the job easier for you by providing an all-inclusive guide that compares the top 10 power cordless screwdriver brands in the industry – including what factors to consider prior to making an investment in any of them. Read on.
- Utilizes motion-activated variable speed which ranges from 0-430 RPM. You simply turn your wrist further in either direction to speed up the machine.
- The Dewalt motor is automated in such a way that you don’t need to manually switch from forward to reverse.
- Excellent performance especially on light-gauge metal, plastic and wood applications.
- Has an LED light which is built-in that allows for seamless working even in dark areas.
- Has onboard battery indicators which warn you when the machine is running out of charge.
- Its 1/4-inch hex shank chuck is strongly built and it holds 1-inch bits. It is designed in such a way that you can change your bits fast.
- Dewalt Gyroscopic Screw Driver (DCF680N2) is equipped with an equally strong battery with 8 volts max capacity which guarantees longer run-time. This battery takes roughly one hour to recharge.
- For added flexibility and versatility, DCF680N2 utilizes 15 clutch positions which ensure precise control.
- Longer battery life
- Easy to control
- Low torque, lightweight and ergonomic machine
- It is relatively pricey but it is very good quality
- The drill motor comes with a speed which goes from 0 to 650 rpm.
- LDX120C features a light, very compact, no memory-effect, 20 volt Lithium Ion battery.
- Has a ratcheting keyless chuck measuring 3/8 inches with eleven different settings.
- 115” per pound of torque enough for screwing and light drilling applications.
- Designed with a LED work-light.
- Equipped with an anti-slip soft grip to provide a firm grip.
- Powerful battery that charges a lot quicker and capable of holding its charge for up to 18 months.
- 2-year warranty on all operational parts.
- Perfect for drilling into metal, wood, plastic and all screw driving tasks.
- Easy to use and very affordable.
- Features a compact and lightweight design.
- Does not come with a storage case making storing and moving with it a little bit hard but one can always separately buy a storage case.
Black & Decker LDX120c
Yotube Video Review: Black & Decker LDX120c
- LI4000 is powered by a rechargeable 4-volt lithium ion battery that is Energy Star certified.
- Can deliver 70”/ pounds of torque at 180 rpm.
- A forward and reverse indicator that clearly displays direction.
- Magnetic screw holder that prevents you from dropping the screws.
- SmartSelect technology that provides quick and easy torque selection.
- 6-position clutch with visual indicators.
- SmartSelect Screwdriver has a soft grip for added comfort.
- Two-year warranty against defects in material and/or workmanship.
- Boats a compact and portable design with user-friendly features.
- Delivers reliable performance job after job.
- Its built-in LED work light provides great visibility especially when working in enclosed or low-light areas.
- Lacks variable speed control.
Black & Decker SmartSelect Screwdriver (LI4000)
Yotube Video Review: Black & Decker SmartSelect Screwdriver (LI4000)
- Spindle lock for greater control and manual screw driving.
- LI2000 has three position handle allows you to work in small spaces.
- 2 year limited warranty.
- Features a forward/reverse switch that allows easy screw driving and removal.
- Has a top speed of 180 rpm and a torque rating of about 40 in./lbs.
- This Rechargeable Screwdriver (LI2000) comes with a single built-in Lithium Ion battery that holds long up-to 1.5 years.
- Comes at a very reasonable price.
- Quite small, lightweight and powerful enough for light/medium tasks.
- Does the job of tightening and getting screws out effortlessly.
- Comfortable to hold and does not over-torque.
- Excellent customer service team always ready to help on any issue.
- Comes with one clutch setting only which is a drawback since most screwdrivers by Black and Decker in this price range have more than one clutch setting.
- PD600 has three position pivoting handle for versatile operating conditions.
- Two speeds for driving and drilling: high-speed drilling power with about 40 in./lbs of torque and a lower speed setting with 80 in./lbs of torque.
- 23 position clutch settings to prevent stripping.
- 6 volt Nicad battery and built-in light to illuminate your work area.
- Cordless Screwdriver (PD600) has a QuickConnect feature that allows the user to switch from driving and drilling fairly rapidly and easily.
- The three position handle usually folds up nicely thereby allowing you to work in tight spots.
- The battery power is generally fairly long-lasting.
- Great driver for the money in terms of performance and reliability.
- Two year home use warranty hence the product can be trusted.
- Capable of driving screws in fairly hard materials.
- The battery has a tendency of losing its re-chargeability over time as you use the driver.
- Benchtop Drill Press Tools — Best Reviews in 2020
- Multi Tool Reviews — Your Ultimate Guide
- Height Adjustable Standing Desk Reviews — Top 10 Models for Your Comfort
- A forward and reverse switch.
- General Tools 500 Cordless Power Precision Screwdriver comes with 6 popular bits including Torx T5 and T6, Phillips #0 and #1 and Slotted 1/8 and 1/16 in.
- General Tools 500 has a quick change chuck that is compatible with all micro bits (4mm).
- 100 plus rpm motor provide plenty of torque to spare.
- Triple A (AAA) batteries included to provide you with more than 8-hours of power for long jobs.
- Ergonomic handle for different comfortable grips.
- Perfects for delicate electronics and computer repair.
- Capable of handling tiny screws in tight spaces very well.
- The product is warranted for workmanship and materials to give you some peace of mind.
- The chuck allows for effortless swapping between the different bits.
- Quite affordable and worth every penny.
- Some people feel the 1 year warranty is inadequate.
- Black & Decker Power Screwdriver (BDCS30C) comes with a compact 180 RPM motor which works effectively in driving and removing screws even in tight areas.
- BDCS30C has an inline trigger grip which ensures comfortable handling and less strain for those working on large projects.
- Its powerful motor is further enhanced by 35 in-lbs of torque supply and an LED outlet for visibility in dark areas.
- Used USB ports for charging permitting for up to 4x faster charging (more than what the old 100mA chargers offer) on 4 volts.
- Thanks to its USB port it can be charged from a computer, TV or any other USB outlet.
- Overall, it is light-weight; weighing 1.1lbs in the dimensions of 7.88×7.25×3.25 inches.
- Protected by a 2-year limited warranty
- Comes with batteries lithium ion included
- Easy to use and it works just as advertised
- It is a single-speed tool and this hampers its effectiveness when varying tightening speeds are required
- Hitachi Cordless Screwdriver (DB3DL2) is built with a motor that can generate no-load speeds of up to 600-RPM.
- Features 1/4 inch hex chuck which makes it quicker and easier to replace bits.
- It has a straight to pistol grip which apart from making it easy to handle ensures versatility and maximum effectiveness even on delicate surfaces. (Grip locks 0 and 60 degrees).
- Offers 21 clutch settings and has a spindle lock which comes in handy when manual tightening of screws is required.
- Boasts a built-on LED light that make it possible to continue with projects even on dark surfaces.
- Hitachi comes with two included 1.5-amp-hour lithium ion batteries.
- Small, light and less strenuous to use.
- Has a great clutch which makes it ideal for appliance repair and electronics assembly.
- Has its hex chuck entirely made of metal so it secures the bits well.
- Left-hand users may find the controls of this screwdriver cumbersome since the paddle switch is located on the left side of the barrel – out of reach of the user’s thumb.
Hitachi electric screwdriver DB3DL2
Yotube Video Review: Hitachi electric screwdriver DB3DL2
- SpeedHex FlipOut Cordless Screwdriver has 3 pivoting joints. Its head rotates 360 degrees making it possible to drive screws at whatever angle you want.
- Modest torque specs – 50 to 65 lbs per inch which is practical for a household screwdriver.
- Its motor is listed at a minimum of 170-RPM.
- Its kit comes with 19 bit sets with Phillips, hex and square heads.
- Has a lithium-ion battery which is rechargeable via any A/C charger taking only 45 minutes to reach full charge.
- Utilizes 8 volt max and has a built-in LED worklight.
- Provided with a 1680-denier ballistic nylon case that you can easily carry around.
- Convenient to carry around thanks to its lightweight and carrying case.
- Easy to use and maintain.
- Offers maximum user flexibility thanks to its 360-degree rotation ability and 380 possible positions.
- The forward and reverse screwing buttons are located right where your hand is so you may accidentally push them when applying pressure to drive in the screws.
FlipOut Power Driver
Yotube Video Review: FlipOut Power Driver
- Black & Decker Alkaline Screwdriver (AS6NG)comes with an in-line handle which makes it comfortable to handle and easy on your hands.
- Innovative screwdriver design that allows you to easily switch to manual mode for additional controls. Likewise, it is easy to switch from driving screws to removing them using a conveniently located forward-reverse switch.
- Its no-load motor capacity is 130-RPM with a maximum torque of 20 in-lb, specs that make it friendly for basic home usage.
- Has 4 included AA batteries with a battery capacity of 1.2 AH.
- Extremely light-weight weighing less than 0.8 lb.
- Comes with 1 inch slotted and 1 inch Phillips screwdriving bits.
- Easy to control particularly when switching from forward to reverse driving
- Has a slim-nose design which makes it ideal for use even on tight spaces
- Its handle is reinforced with a rubber grip for added comfort
- Does not provide a kit or slot where you can store the bit that you are not using. As such you can easily lose it.
|Product Name||Image||RPM||Overall Rating||Details|
|Dewalt Gyroscopic Screw Driver (DCF680N2)||430||10||Check price|
|Black & Decker Cordless Drill/Driver (LDX120C)||650||9.5||Check price|
|Black & Decker SmartSelect Screwdriver (LI4000)||180||8.5||Check price|
|Black & Decker 3-Position Rechargeable Screwdriver (LI2000)||180||9||Check price|
|Black & Decker Cordless Screwdriver (PD600)||600||8.5||Check price|
|General Tools 500 Cordless Power Precision Screwdriver||100||7.5||Check price|
|Black & Decker Power Screwdriver (BDCS30C)||180||8||Check price|
|Hitachi Cordless Screwdriver (DB3DL2)||600||9.5||Check price|
|SpeedHex FlipOut Cordless Screwdriver||170||8||Check price|
|Black & Decker Alkaline Screwdriver (AS6NG)||130||8.5||Check price|
How to Choose the Best Cordless Screwdriver — Tips
To help you choose the best power screwdriver, here are some factors to consider.
- Cordless Vs corded
- Battery type
- Chuck size