Top 10 Best Wedge Pillow Reviews — Choosing the Appropriate One in 2021
Tired of breathing difficulties and discomfort during sleep?
A wedge pillow is all you need to make your nights relaxed, less painful, and more enjoyable.
Wedge pillows have the perfect shape to provide elevation to your legs or to give support to your upper body. They are helpful for people suffering from acid reflux, poor circulation, back pain, hernias, congestion, and foot problems.
The pillows are available in different sizes and shapes, so the task of shopping for one can be daunting.
Read the review below to help you make the right selection.
- Ortho Bed Wedge with a High Quality, Removable Cover
- Liberator 24-Inch Wedge, Black Microfiber
- Science of Sleep Wedge Pillow for Acid Reflux
- Conventional Foam Bed Wedge Pillow
- Vaunn Medical Bed Wedge – Elevated Leg Lift Pillow
- Drive Medical Folding Bed Wedge, 12 Inch, Blue
- Brentwood Home Zuma Therapeutic Foam Wedge Pillow
- Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow with Memory Foam Overlay and Removable Microfiber Cover “BIG” by Medslant
- InteVision Folding Wedge Bed Pillow with High Quality, Removable Cover, and a Carrying Case
- InteVision Foam Wedge Bed Pillow (25″ x 24″ x 12″) with High Quality, Removable Cover
- Price: $34.95 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 8″ x 21″ x 24″
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Color: Ivory
- Features: Two-layer design, removable cover, furniture-graded base foam.
- It has a firm base foam to give the necessary support to your body, and a top memory foam layer to keep you comfortable.
- This wedge pillow relieves back pain by helping the spinal cord to relax.
- Its maintenance routine is easy because the cover can be machine-washed. It also has a soft feel against the skin.
- It has the perfect slope for people in need of orthopedic care.
- This wedge pillow is not convenient for people who sleep on the back or the stomach.
- Price: $79.97 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 14 x 24 x 7 inches
- Product weight: 2 pounds
- Available colors: black, blue, purple, red
- Features: Removable cover, microfiber fabric
- The positioning that one can use with this wedge pillow is limited as compared to other pillows of different shapes.
- It remains in good condition even after years of use.
- The removable cover is machine washable.
- It is firm and supportive, keeping you and your partner comfortable for different sex positions.
- It is constructed using high-quality materials, and it feels good to the touch.
- The angle is perfect if you and your partner prefer deep penetration.
- The wedge pillow is designed to be sturdy enough to hold your body up, but at times the hard surface is a bit uncomfortable.
- The microfiber cover picks up fuzz from other surfaces.
- Price: $69.07 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 32 x 26 x 5 inches
- Product Weight: 2 pounds
- Features: Cotton cover, zip off feature, gentle slope, large surface area, soft ventilated foam.
- It elevates your chest and abdomen, thus providing acid reflux relief and giving you a good night sleep.
- It has the perfect slope to keep you comfortable.
- It is the right height and does not cause neck pains like some other wedge pillows.
- It is durable.
- It is very costly as compared to other options in the market.
- This wedge pillow gives off a strong smell during the first few days of use.
- It is too wide to be used in a standard bed if you sleep with a partner.
- The return policy for defective products is too strict.
Conventional Foam Bed Wedge Pillow Overview
- Price: $35.99 and free shipping
- Dimensions: 24 x 7.5 x 23 inches
- Product weight: 1.6 pounds
- Features: Cotton cover, polyurethane foam, zippered removable cover.
- The foam smell lingers for up to a week after opening this wedge pillow.
- It is not comfortable enough for side sleepers.
- It is a bit too rigid and does not soften even after the break in period.
- Price: overall $33.99-39.95 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 8″ x 20″ x 24″
- Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Origin: the USA
- Features: Medical grade high-density foam, machine washable cover
- The gradual slope of this pillow reduces reflux and keeps your airways open as you sleep.
- The medical grade foam of this wedge pillow provides solid support to your body which helps to reduce back pains.
- It is suitable for people suffering from various conditions such as allergies, snoring, back problems, hiatal hernia, acid reflux, and any other medical concern that causes impaired breathing.
- The pillow is sturdy and durable.
- t gives off a slightly unpleasant odor when newly opened.
- The pillow is compact and quite uncomfortable for someone suffering from neck pains to use.
If you liked this article, you’ll also be interested in:
Goose Down Pillows Reviews — Best Models for Your Comfort In 2021
Buckwheat Pillow Reviews — Your Ultimate Buying Guide
Electric Heated Blanket Reviews — Getting It Right with the Choice
Drive Medical Folding Bed Wedge Overview
- Price: $22.99
- Dimensions: 23 x 23 x 12 inches
- Product Weight: 3.4 pounds
- Features: Removable cover, folds for compact storage
- It is easy to maintain since the removable cover can be machine washed.
- It is firm enough to give the needed support but soft enough to keep you comfortable.
- This wedge pillow has the perfect angle to provide relief at all pressure points.
- It is suitable for someone with breathing issues, acid reflux, poor circulation, and neck or back pains.
- The cover is soft and can be used even by people who have sensitive skin.
- The choice of colors for this pillow is limited.
- The foam gives a strong smell that takes long to dissipate.
- Price: $35.00 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 24 x 24 x 12 inches
- Weight: 1 pound
- Origin: the USA
- Features: Knit fabric, soft removable cover, hypoallergenic, dust and mite resistant cover, CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
- It is the perfect solution for anyone with snoring problems, allergies, acid reflux, poor circulation, and back pain.
- The gradual slope of this pillow keeps you comfortable and gives your body the right sleeping posture.
- This pillow is versatile, and you can use it as a trunk stabilizer if you are sleeping on your side. It can also be used to raise your legs or feet.
- It holds its shape even after years of use.
- The cover is soft and comfortable to lie on. It is also easy to clean.
- It is sold at an affordable price and gives value for money.
- During delivery, it comes compressed in a box and takes a long time to spring to its proper shape.
- Some users find this pillow too stiff and uncomfortable.
- Price: $99.95 with free
- Dimensions: 32″x30″x7″
- Product weight: 4.2 pounds
- Origin: the USA
- Features: Removable microfiber cover, hypoallergenic foam, double stitching on cover seams.
- It lasts for many years without sagging or crumbling.
- The gentle slope of this pillow elevates your upper body and keeps your airways open, helping you breathe easily. It also helps to avoid acid reflux.
- It reduces pressure points and gives you the correct sleeping posture so that you don’t wake up with back or neck pains.
- The pillow is soft to the feel, and the zippered cover is washable.
- It helps with snoring and acid reflux among several other medical problems.
- The pillow is too wide for a standard bed.
- The pillow is much costly as compared to other affordable products in the market that serve the same purpose.
- It is too firm for comfort especially if you are not a back sleeper.
InteVision Folding Wedge Bed Pillow Overview
- Price: $39.99 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 17.6 x 8.9 x 7.9 inches
- Item weight: 5.2 pounds
- Features: Two-layer design, gradual slope.
- It is easy to fold the wedge pillow for storage or when traveling. It also comes with a free traveling case.
- It is a versatile product and can be used to elevate the head, the legs, and even as a trunk stabilizer when you are sleeping in the side position.
- The two-layer design ( a top layer made of memory foam, and a firm base foam) ensures that the pillow gives you the firm support that you need while letting you enjoy the soft feel of the memory foam.
- The pillow gives comfortable sleep to people suffering from acid reflux, allergies, snoring, breathing problems, and back or neck pains.
- You can easily remove the cover for cleaning or replacement. The manufacturer also provides extra pillowcases that one can purchase when needed.
- The width of the pillow is ideal for use even on a standard bed.
- The zipper on the pillow cover is not of good quality.
- Some users find it too rigid for comfort.
- The foam of this wedge pillow gives a strong chemical smell even after weeks of constant use.
InteVision Foam Wedge Bed Pillow Overview
- Price: $39.99 with free shipping
- Item weight: 4.8 pounds
- Features: Two-layer design, machine washable cover.
- The firm foam base supports your body while the memory foam top layer gives the pillow a soft, comfortable feel.
- The wedge pillow is sold at a reasonable price.
- It is durable and holds its shape even with constant use.
- One can purchase an additional pillowcase from the manufacturer.
- The memory foam layer of this wedge pillow retains heat, and this could make sleep uncomfortable.
- It has an unpleasant smell when newly opened and you have to air it out for a week.
|Product Name||Image||Size||Overall Rating||Details|
|Ortho Bed Wedge with a High Quality||8″ x 21″ x 24″||10||Check price|
|Liberator 24-Inch Wedge||14 x 24 x 7||8||Check price|
|Science of Sleep Wedge Pillow for Acid Reflux||32 x 26 x 5||8,5||Check price|
|Conventional Foam Bed Wedge Pillow||24 x 7.5 x 23||8||Check price|
|Vaunn Medical Bed Wedge – Elevated Leg Lift Pillow||8″ x 20″ x 24″||7,5||Check price|
|Drive Medical Folding Bed Wedge||23 x 23 x 12||9||Check price|
|Brentwood Home Zuma Therapeutic Foam Wedge Pillow||24 x 24 x 12||9,5||Check price|
|Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow with Memory Foam Overlay and Removable Microfiber Cover||32″x30″x7″||9,5||Check price|
|InteVision Folding Wedge Bed Pillow with High Quality||17.6 x 8.9 x 7.9||8||Check price|
|InteVision Foam Wedge Bed Pillow||25″ x 24″ x 12″||7,5||Check price|
How to Choose a Wedge Pillow?
Here are some of the things you need to consider when shopping for a wedge pillow:
- Consider your sleeping style
People have different sleeping positions such as on the side, on the back, or on the stomach. If you are a front or a back sleeper, you will require a thinner, softer wedge pillow, but if you are a side sleeper, you will need a thicker, firmer one. The selection here will also be determined by whether you want to elevate your legs or your head and chest.
- Check the material used to make the wedge pillow
After determining the type of pillow that is appropriate for your sleeping position, you need to know which type of pillow filling will suit your needs well. Memory foam wedge pillows are soft to the feel, but they may not be as firm as those made from the usual foam. A firm foam filling is important for head and neck support.
If you usually experience allergic reactions, choose a pillow manufactured using hypoallergenic materials. It is also important to check if the cover material is removable because you may need to clean it from time to time or to replace it when it gets worn out. A good wedge pillow should also be made from a material that is durable so that it can serve you for many years.
- Determine the right degree of elevation
Most first-time wedge pillow buyers often make the mistake of purchasing one that is too steep, or that is not high enough to suit their needs. This especially happens to people with acid reflux problems because they mistakenly assume that a higher incline will cause less acid reflux.
However, a very high incline can cause sleep apnea while a very low one will not serve the intended purpose. An ideal one should have an incline of between 30 degrees and 45 degrees. Ensure that you test your pillow before the return period expires so that you can return it if it is not comfortable.
- Choose the pillow according to the intended purpose
Wedge pillows can be put into a number of uses such as for reading in bed, watching the television, or giving additional support in bed. This consideration will be helpful in determining the size and compactness of the pillow that you decide to purchase. Some manufacturers produce adjustable wedges that can serve more than one purpose.
- Get the best-priced wedge pillow
Some manufacturers sell their pillows at a very high price, yet they offer the same services and value as others that are not too expensive. It is important that you shop around to see if you can get a lower price for the quality you are looking for. However, some of the cheapest pillows in the market do not last long so you may need to replace them more regularly.