Space is such a treasured commodity in most homes especially for those with large families or with frequent visitors, but they can solve this problem with the use of a full-size daybed with trundle. A trundle bed is a multifunctional piece of furniture that will provide you with an extra bed without making the space in your home smaller.
It doubles the sleeping capacity of the bed at night but keeps the space free during all other times. In most of the trundle beds, the trundle is not permanently attached to the daybed, and this makes sleeping arrangements more convenient.
Buying furniture online is a risky and demanding undertaking, and the case is no difference with trundle beds. The pictures provided are sometimes deceptive, and this makes it difficult for a customer to make the right decision. It is usually not possible to see the item in person before purchase, so the buyer needs to choose wisely before making an order.
To solve this problem, this review is exactly what you need as it will help you know the good and the downside of each full-size daybed with trundle, and you can then base your decision on the experience that other customers have had.
- Price: $443.24 with free shipping
- Weight: 206.1 pounds
- Dimensions: 81 x 42.5 x 39.2 inches
- Available colors: Black, Cherry, Oak finish
- Features: Coaster Traditional Style Black Finish Daybed with Trundle has solid hardwoods and veneers, metal hardware, transitional style with traditional touch, glossy finish
- The hardwood construction of the full-size daybed with trundle makes it more functional and durable.
- It has a one-year warranty from the date of purchase, covering manufacturers fault in motion upholstery, frame construction, and fabric under normal usage.
- The bed is attractive, and this makes it suitable for any setting such as guestroom, living room, or even the office.
- The pull-out trundle supplies space for an extra bed but can also be used as a large drawer for storage of items.
- It doesn’t take much space and can fit well in small rooms.
- The trundle is free standing, and it rolls on casters so that it can stay neatly hidden when not in use.
- The full-size daybed with trundle does not come with the mattresses in a display.
- The trundle is not equipped with a pop-up mechanism.
Weight: 190 pounds
Dimensions: 89.5x 40.5 x 40.5 inches
- Price: $369.42 with free Shipping
- Origin: China
- Material: Vinyl
- Features: Padded for comfort, Modern armrest design
- Warranty: Homelegance Meyer 4956PU* Daybed w/Trundle is covered by manufacturer’s warranty for one year.
- This full-size daybed with trundle is sturdy, and this makes it durable and suitable for frequent use.
- It is stylish and attractive, thus adding glamor to your home.
- It only requires moderate assembly, so it can be easily set up by one person.
- The trundle is not permanently attached to the daybed, and it is on wheels so one can pull it to another part of the room when necessary.
- It is not eligible for international shipping.
- The shipping method of this full-size daybed with trundle is not efficient, and some parts of the bed are usually broken during transportation. Although replacement shipping is always provided in such cases, it can still cause inconvenience to customers.
- The trundle does not pop up so the two beds cannot be at the same level.
- Price: $461.20 with free shipping
- Weight: 93.7 pounds
- Dimensions: 45.1 x 40.4 x 6.5 inches
- Available colors: Black, White, Cherry
- Features: Coaster Fine Furniture 300107 Mission Style Day Bed with Trundle has extra storage drawers, Convenient trundle
- The bed can be easily assembled or disassembled in case one needs to move.
- It has a pull-out trundle that increases sleeping space when necessary, and can also be used as a storage space.
- The drawers provide extra storage for linen and other items, enabling you to make the best use of your room.
- It comes at an affordable price and is of good quality.
- The trundle is free-floating, and this gives it more flexibility.
- The bed does not come with mattresses, and it doesn’t offer much space for a standard mattress, so you have to find one that fits the dimensions.
- Some of the drawers in this full-size daybed with trundle do not slide in and out smoothly
- Size: Full
- Price: $219.99 with free shipping
- Weight: 74 pounds
- Dimensions: 56 x 77.5 x 41.5 inches
- Features: DHP Manila Daybed and Trundle has simple metal frame, four casters (2 locking and two non-locking), white finish
- Origin: China
- The metal frame makes the bed sturdy so it can support more weight. It is also durable to avoid frequent unnecessary replacements.
- It has an interlocking design that adds more strength to the frame.
- It is easy to put together especially when one follows the simple instructions provided.
- It rolls on casters for easy movement once it is assembled.
- It does not require additional mattress foundation or box spring.
- The daybed supports a high weight limit, and this makes it convenient even for people who weigh above average.
- Packaging method exposes the bed to damage during shipping so at times it has chipped paint.
- It is a bit expensive as compared to other full-size daybeds with trundle.
Zinus Eden Twin Daybed and Trundle Set
- Price: $567.24 with free shipping
- Weight: 67 pounds
- Dimensions: 80.8 x 28.3 x 5.3 inches
- Colors available: Softer white and Honey Maple
- Material: Wood
- Features: Zinus Eden Twin Daybed and Trundle Set has high back and armrest, straight profile lines, bed board detail, white finish
- Origin: USA
- It is easily adaptable into a number of styles, and this increases the number of ways in which it can be used.
- It has an impressive appearance that blends well with the décor and setting of most homes.
- You can easily push and pull the trundle which is well fitted with casters.
- The wood is sturdy, so the bed is suitable for everyday use. Also, the bed is quite affordable, and the price is fair considering all the perks that this daybed has to offer.
- The trundle does not pop up, so it cannot be at the same height with the daybed.
- The full-size daybed with trundle takes up much space so it is not suitable for small rooms.
- The trundle fits under the bed but leaves no room to spare.
- Price: $774.79 with free shipping
- Size: Full
- Weight: 197.9 pounds
- Dimensions: 78.5 x 62.5 x 49.5 inches
- Available colors: Honey Espresso
- Material: Wood
- Features: Discovery World Furniture Full Bookcase Daybed with 3 Drawers and Twin Trundle has a headboard, twin trundle, three drawers, slat kit
- It is a well-built full-size daybed with trundle, with a lot of extra space for storage (both open and concealed). The trundle can be converted into a large drawer without the mattress.
- It is multifunctional, and the headboard has got racks that can serve as a dresser.
- It has an attractive appearance, and one can be comfortable using it any room.
- It is super sturdy and can be expected to last long with proper care and normal use.
- It comes complete with wood slat kits, so one does not need extra preparation for mattress support.
- The trundle is removable, thus increasing flexibility.
- It is a bit complicated to put together, but it comes with manufacturer’s directions and looks great once it is assembled.
- Trundle scratches the floor in some cases so one has to be very cautious when pulling it out.
- Some parts of the full-size daybed with trundle are damaged during shipping.
- Price: $685.36 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 79L x 62.5w x 49.5h
- Features: MERLOT FULL CAPTAIN BOOKCASE DAYBED WITH 3 DRAWERS STORAGE TRUNDLE UNIT has merlot finish, slat kits
- Material: Wood
- It is a daybed with a complete slat kit that makes the bed mattress ready. You don’t need to have a bunkie board.
- It is easy to assemble. Also, the lower drawers come fully assembled, and you will only need to slide them in.
- The underneath bed can be pulled out with ease, so kids can be fine using the bed on their own.
- The trundle can be pulled out away from the bed when necessary.
- This full-size daybed with trundle does not take a lot of space and fits well in small sized rooms.
- The bed is attractive with a flawless finish, and it is durable when given proper care.
- It is compatible with a mattress up to 8 inches in height.
- It is far too expensive as compared to other full-size daybeds with trundle, but the expenses are less compared to purchasing from a furniture store.
- The three drawers on this full-size daybed with trundle are quite small so they cannot fit larger objects or books.
- Price: $299.99
- Daybed Dimensions: 77” L x 41” W x 17”H
- Trundle Dimensions: 72″ L x: 39″ W
- Shipping Weight: 105 pounds
- Features: 39 Twin Size Black Metal High Riseer Bed Frame With Pop Up Trundle has metal slats for support, Collapsible trundle
- This full-size daybed with trundle is fairly easy to put together
- The bed is sturdy and rolls well on casters for easier movement.
- The trundle has a locking mechanism so the bed will not collapse.
- The two beds are the same size because the trundle lifts up easily.
- The metal frame of this bed has been designed with holes on the front and back, so you can attach a headboard or a footboard if necessary. Such boards are easily found on online stores.
- The frame and springs of this full-size daybed with trundle do not squeak or make any noises.
- At times, parts of the bed arrive damaged even though a replacement is always available.
- This full-size daybed with trundle tends to bend under so much weight.
How to Choose the Best Daybed?
Here are the factors to consider:
- Intended use
Functionality is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a full-size daybed with trundle. It is good to ensure that the bed you choose is suitable to suit different uses but as one unit. Some of the ways in which you can use a daybed include turning it into a sofa, a chaise lounge, a guestroom bed, or even as a regular bed for children to sleep on. A versatile daybed is, therefore, appropriate because it can fit comfortably in any of these settings.
Some daybeds are designed using contemporary designs while others have a traditional look. Some are simple, while others are elegant with intricate carvings and decorations. The daybed that you choose should complement the décor in the rest of your home.
Typically, daybeds are made using wood or metal, or a combination of both. The choice of material depends on issues such as personal preference, durability, and comfort.
|Product Name||Image||Dimensions||Overall Rating||Details|
|Coaster Traditional Style Black Finish Daybed with Trundle||81.4 x 42.5 x 39.4 in||10||Check price|
|Homelegance Meyer 4956PU* Daybed w/Trundle, Dark Brown Bi-Cast Vinyl||89.5x 40.5 x 40.5 in||9||Check price|
|Coaster Fine Furniture, 300107 Mission Style Day Bed with Trundle, White||45.1 x 40.4 x 6.5 in||8||Check price|
|DHP Manila Daybed and Trundle||56 x 77.5 x 41.5 in||9.5||Check price|
|Zinus Eden Twin Daybed and Trundle Set||80.8 x 28.3 x 5.3 in||9.5||Check price|
|Discovery World Furniture Full Bookcase Daybed with 3 Drawers and Twin Trundle||78.5 x 62.5 x 49.5 in||9||Check price|
|Captain Bookcase Daybed with Three Drawers Storage/Trundle Merlot Full Unit||79 x 62.5 x 49.5 in||8.5||Check price|
|39” / Twin Size Black Metal High Riseer Bed Frame, With Pop Up Trundle||Daybed: 77'' L x 41'' W x 17''H. Trundle : 72" L x: 39" W.||7||Check price|
Why Choose a Daybed with Trundle?
Buying a full-size daybed with trundle is a wise move whenever you want to increase the space in a room. You can choose either a drawer trundle or a pop-up trundle. In any of the two, the trundle stays neatly hidden under the daybed. You only have to slide it out when in need of extra sleeping space and slide it back when not in use.
Another benefit of a full-size daybed with trundle is that it is a sensible choice since it can function as a couch. During the day or between guest visits, the room can be put into other uses. If for example, the daybed is placed in the children’s room, it will give them some room to play and sit during the day, then at night it provides extra sleeping space.
A full-size daybed with trundle provides you with extra storage where you can put household it. The trundle can serve as a large storage drawer when it does not have a mattress. If it is in the guest room, you can place extra linen in it, and if it is in the children’s room, they can place their toys there to keep the room neat if the trundle is not in use.
Purchasing a full-size daybed with trundle enables you to adapt easily to the changing requirements in sleeping arrangements of your family members. For example, a family anticipating their second or subsequent child could find a trundle bed necessary because in future the parents will not need to buy an additional bed. The two kids can share the trundle bed.