Whether you are transporting groceries, garden supplies, party items, or just giving your kids some fun times, best folding wagons suit all these needs as they will make light of any load and are collapsible for convenient storage.
Due to their versatility, best folding wagons are great products for anyone who needs help transporting items and even heavy equipment. You need to choose carefully to get a wagon with good performance and functionality.
This review features 10 of the best folding wagons with their pros and cons to guiding you when you go shopping for one.
- Dimensions: 39 x 24 x 44 inches
- Weight: 26 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 120 pounds
- Features: stain resistant material, has a removable canopy
- It folds to less than 10% of its original size for convenient storage and transportation. It fits well in the trunk.
- The rubber wheels give a strong smell during the first days of use.
- It has a sturdy metal frame that keeps it from sagging.
- The handle is long and has a nice grip. You don’t have to lean over to push or pull the wagon.
- It does not stand on end when folded, and you have to put it against a wall, unlike other best folding wagons.
- Price: $139.00 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 37.6 x 8.1 x 18 inches
- Wheels: 10″ x 3.5″
- Item weight: 29.3 pounds
- Recommended age: over 18 months
- Weight Capacity: 200 pounds
- Features: seamless steel body, natural wood on sides, no-pinch ball joint, handle that folds under the wagon, rubber tires
- It is one of the best folding wagons as it turns easily, and this reduces the chances of tipping over and causing injury to your young ones.
- The high wooden stake sides ensure that your child sits comfortably and safely inside the wagon. The wood is smooth and splinter-free.
- The tires of this wagon are airy and rugged to give a smooth ride on any terrain.
- It has been constructed using quality materials, so it is sturdy and durable.
- No-pinch ball joint keeps your child’s fingers safe.
- Missing or damaged parts during delivery in some cases.
- Price: $130.99 and free shipping
- Dimensions: 32.5 x 20.8 x 9.5 inches
- Item weight: 29.6 pounds
- Wheels: 4-inch wide
- Features: expandable, all-terrain rubber wheels, two front pockets, drink holders, heavy duty handle
- Available colors: purple, green, gray, red
- Creative Outdoor is listed among the best folding wagons since it is spacious enough to carry large loads.
- It has a good turning radius so it cannot tip over easily when maneuvering in sand, grass, snow, and other surfaces.
- It folds easily for storage and transport.
- The wheels are designed to offer a quiet ride on hard surfaces.
- The fabric is removable for cleaning.
- It is not easy to pull on beach sand when it is heavily loaded.
- Although it is one of the best folding wagons, its canvas may rip apart, and the manufacturer offers no replacement.
- Price: $119.99 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 34 x 10 x 24 inches
- Item weight: 27 pounds
- You can fold Easy Go Wagon to an eighth of its size for storage and transportation.
- It has a wide steel base that offers stability and a large handle that makes it easy for you to haul the wagon.
- It is fitted with heavy duty tires and wheels that can navigate sandy grounds.
- Unlike most of the best folding wagons, it has a shade cover to shield your items from the scorching sun.
- It comes fully assembled and can be used in a variety of settings such as picnics, garden, and parks among others.
- The seam could rip if you place excess weight on the wagon.
- The welds on the wheels are not strong enough, and there are no replacement parts.
- Dimensions: 7.1 x 21.8 x 39.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 41 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 400 pounds
- Features: removable sides, padded straight handle, pneumatic turf tires, steel mesh bed
- It has folding removable sides that make it easy to transport bulky farm supplies that would otherwise not fit in the wagon.
- It is easy to put together because the manufacturer gives clear instructions.
- It is one of the best folding wagons whose turf tires can handle any terrain.
- It has a powder-coated finish to keep it from rusting if given proper care.
- The locking mechanism that holds the sides up is weak.
- The axles are short, so the cart could tip over on uneven ground.
- Its tires give a strong smell that lasts for days.
- Price: $79.99 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 19.67 x 6.89 x 29.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 18.45 pounds
- Wheels: 7″
- Weight capacity: 150 lbs
- Features: rubber all-terrain wheels, heavy duty steel construction, ergonomic full wagon handle, drink holders
- It collapses easily for storage and does not take up much space in the car.
- It is lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- It is durable since it is made of quality fabric.
- The handle can be locked in place in a vertical position.
- It has an attractive design.
- It is smaller than most other best folding wagons and has a lower weight capacity.
- It does not stand on its own when you fold it up.
back to menu ↑
- Price: $177.21
- Dimensions: 20.1 x 11.8 x 28.4 inches
- Item weight: 31.2 pounds
- Recommended age: 18 months – 6 years
- Features: removable UV protection canopy, telescoping handle, easy one hand fold, four drink holders, seatbelts.
- It is ideal for carrying two kids comfortably.
- It has seatbacks for added comfort and seat belts to ensure your kid’s safety.
- It has a compact fold so you can transport with ease and store it anywhere since it won’t take much space.
- The fabric on this wagon is durable and easy to maintain since you only need to wipe it clean.
- Telescoping handle is great for transportation when the wagon is folded, a feature that is not commonly found in other best folding wagons.
- The seats do not fold up to create additional space for storage.
- There is no strap to keep the canopy in folded position.
EZ Fold Wagon
Yotube Video Review: EZ Fold Wagon
ABO Gear Utility Wagon Garden Cart Overview
- Price: $76.99 and free shipping
- Dimensions: 30.7 x 21.5 x 7.8 inches
- Weight: 26.5 pounds
- Weight capacity: 150lbs
- Features: 600D polyester fabric, sturdy black powder coated frame, heavy duty steel construction, telescoping handle, two mesh drink holders.
- It is user-friendly and comes fully assembled. Folding back is also simple because you only have to pull on the loop handle in the middle of the wagon.
- It is one of the best folding wagons for transporting many items since it has a high weight capacity.
- The wheels turn easily, so you move the wagon with ease.
- It is only 8 inches wide when collapsed, so it does not take up much storage space like other best folding wagons.
- You can use the handle either in upright mode or in pull mode.
- It is sold at a fair price as compared to other folding wagons in the market and it gives vale for your money.
- Since the frame is coated, it is less prone to rust if you take good care of it.
- The wheels do not lock in place so the wagon could easily roll if you load or unload on an incline.
- Although it is one of the best folding wagons, its welds tend to break after some time.
Folding Beach Wagon Overview
- Price: $105.88 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 32 x 22 x 10 inches
- Material: steel
- Available colors: blue and white
- Features: extra-large wheels, all-terrain construction
- You can steer the wheels of this by turning the handle, and this makes movements easier.
- It is highly rated among the best folding wagons since it has a sturdy bottom to support the weight of your items without sagging.
- The wide wheels ensure smooth movement when moving the wagon on beach sand.
- It is sturdy and of good quality. This wagon can last for long if given proper care and maintenance.
- The fabric is easy to clean, and you can also wipe it clean with a wet towel.
- It is quite affordable.
- It is noisy on concrete surfaces, something that you shouldn’t have to experience with best folding wagons.
- The front wheels are narrow, and the wagon tips over when you place much weight on the front part.
- Not good for general use and is best suited for the beach.
- Price: $68.28 with free shipping
- Dimensions: 35.5 x 20.2 x 22.5 inches
- Weight: 22.5 pounds
- Weight capacity: 150 lbs
- Features: adjustable handle, spacious interior, heavy duty frame, two mesh drink holders
- The wheels are big and suitable for different kinds of surfaces.
- No assembly is required.
- Like many other best folding wagons, it is sturdy, well-constructed, and durable.
- The handle is adjustable and has a lock.
- It is one of the best folding wagons since it is easy to maneuver and folds up easily for storage and transportation.
- MAC is one of the cheapest folding wagons available in the market but the manufacturers have ensured it is of good quality.
- Although users categorize it among the best folding wagons, it cannot stand by itself when folded, so you have to put it on a hook if you intend to place it against a wall.
How to Choose the Best Folding Wagon
All the best folding wagons have distinctive features that set them apart from others of their kind. Additionally, they have all been designed to serve different functions. As such, you have to consider the intended purpose of the wagon before you set out to purchase one.
For example, the best folding wagons meant for the beach may not work well as garden wagons because their wheels may not be suitable for grass or other surfaces. Beach wagons are usually designed with wide wheels so that you can easily haul them on the beach sand.
If you are looking for the best folding wagons for transporting kids, you may want to get one with cushioned seats so that the kids will be comfortable. You would also prefer to get one with a canopy that will shield your kids from the scorching sun.
You may also want to ensure it has a no-pinch ball joint to keep your kids from injuring their fingers while on the wagon. Best folding wagons for hauling kids should have a stable base to reduce the risk of your child tipping over, which could cause serious injury.
|Product Name||Image||Weight Capacity||Overall Rating||Details|
|On the Edge 900124 Red Folding Utility Wagon With Handle||120 lbs.||10||Check price|
|Radio Flyer Full Size All-Terrain Steel and Wood Wagon||200 lbs.||9.5||Check price|
|Big Wheel All Terrain Outdoor Beach & Garden Folding Utility Wagon||-||8||Check price|
|EasyGoWagon Folding Collapsible Utility Wagon Fits in Trunk of Standard Car||160 lbs.||8.5||Check price|
|Farm & Ranch FR110-2 Steel Utility Garden Cart with Folding Sides||400 lbs.||8||Check price|
|Seina Collapsible Folding Utility Wagon Garden Cart Shopping Beach Outdoors||150 lbs||9||Check price|
|Radio Flyer Kid’s Ultimate EZ The Best Folding Wagon Ride-On||100 lbs||9.5||Check price|
|ABO Gear Utility Wagon Garden Cart||150 lbs||7||Check price|
|Folding Beach Wagon||150 lbs||9||Check price|
|Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon||150 lbs||9.5||Check price|
For people who intend to use their best folding wagons for gardening, they usually look for a wagon with removable sides so that they can easily transport their gardening equipment. Also, best folding wagons without seats are suitable for this type of need because they have larger space in which to fit more items. Gardening wagons are prone to gathering dirt particles. For this reason, they are best fitted with removable fabric that can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
Storage space is another important consideration. Generally, all folding wagons do not take up much space when they are not in use.
However, those made of polyester lining can fold more compact and efficiently than those with a steel frame. Some can fold up to less than 10% of their original size, and this is a great advantage if you have limited storage space. You may prefer such type if you are looking for a wagon that will fit well in an average car.
Lastly, best folding wagons intended for heavy lifting are usually constructed using sturdy materials such as steel as this will support more weight. In such a case, it is important that you consider the maximum weight capacity of the wagon.
The majority of them carry up to 150 lbs, but for heavy lifting, you may want to get one with a capacity of up to 400 lbs. Such wagons weigh more and may be difficult to move around when you fold them down but are effective in carrying out their function.