Are you still using the tape measures? If you are doing so then it is outdated just like the 20th century. You need to up your game and step into the advancement by purchasing the best laser measure tool. It can help you in your everyday work within the confinement of your home. If you are an electrician, contractor or a real estate agent you need to immediately grab one. Laser measure is a must as you can no longer depend on those traditional tapes for measuring purposes. They are not effortless and the results that they provide are also not error-free. Why depend on them anymore? Get the best laser distance meter and lean towards the advancement in style and with grace.
Bosch Compact Laser Distance Measure, 120-Feet GLM 35
- This product is designed to measure long distances. Its measuring capability ranges from 1/16” to 120 feet.
- It is also designed to measure continuous measurement, area, volume, length and addition or subtraction.
- It comes with a button which when pressed commences the measuring. Thus, it is very easy to use.
- It allows us to measure in real time which means that the product gets automatically adjusted as we move far away or closer to the target.
- To enable readability of instructions with better resolutions even during late hours or in dark regions, the product is equipped with a backlit display.
- GLM 35 allows the product to measure as far as 120 feet.
- It comes with AAA batteries.
- Dimensions of the product- 1.8 x 5.2 x 8 inches
- As the product is small in size, it is portable enough to carry anywhere and fits in the pocket.
- It comes with a warranty period of 2 years.
- Bosch laser technology makes it productive and efficient in working. It delivers 100% accurate results.
- It does not come with easy to use instruction manual.
- Inaccurate results when measuring small distances. It does not measure the inches.
Bosch GLM 35 Laser Measure Review
Yotube Video Review: Bosch GLM 35 Laser Measure Review
DEWALT DW03050 165-Feet Laser Distance Measurer
- This product comes with AAA batteries and a user manual. A pouch is provided that will facilitate its easy carrying. It also comes with a belt loop.
- It uses Pythagoras in order to measure the indirect distances when the points A and/or B are not accessible for carrying out the linear measurement.
- It comes with an over-molded housing. IP65 facilitates resistances against all sorts of debris as well as water making the product highly durable.
- It comes with a backlit display of a 2-line that ultimately aids in enhancing the visibility of screen not only in bright areas but even during dark hours.
- Dimensions of the product- 5 x 2.9 x 7 inches
- It is designed in such a way that adds up to its durability.
- It can easily store the last 5 measurements that were taken in its memory.
- It has accuracy within 1.5mm and can easily measure up to a distance of 165 feet. It is the best product to measure the distance from one corner to another corner.
- The laser does not work efficiently on reflective surfaces.
DEWALT DW03050 LASER DISTANCE MEASURER
Yotube Video Review: DEWALT DW03050 LASER DISTANCE MEASURER
Bosch Compact Blaze Laser Distance Measure, 65-Feet GLM 20
- It is equipped with a button and is simple and convenient to use. This feature makes the device one single-button tool operative. It is compact in size and easy to carry along with your Dewalt tools.
- It facilitates real-time calculations and automatically adjusts as we move towards or away from the target.
- It is equipped with Bosch laser technology that permits us to become more efficient and productive in our work as it promises precision and 100% accuracy.
- It comes with a backlit display that permits the readability even during dark hours and in dark areas.
- Dimensions of the product- 4 x 1.4 x 0.9 inches
- It allows the real-time measurements.
- Just a single-button operating system makes it easy to use.
- It is versatile in taking measurements even in places which can be reached with great difficulties and around dark corners.
- It is portable and can be carried around in pockets.
- It does not come with a user manual.
- It does not offer indirect measuring.
Bosch BLAZE 65 ft. Compact Laser Measure - GLM-20
Yotube Video Review: Bosch BLAZE 65 ft. Compact Laser Measure - GLM-20
Laser dots are easy to track on smooth as well as light colored objects. It's not suitable for objects like grass.
Bosch Bluetooth Enabled Laser Distance Measure GLM 50C
- This product is highly accurate and can measure from within 1/8” to 165 feet of distances.
- It comes with a Bluetooth that helps in storing and transferring the measurements taken. Data can be transferred through the Bosch app to any smart device.
- The color display is upgraded in this device and is equipped with a backlighting that increases the resolution and visibility during the night time.
- It comes with inclinometer that helps in the advanced measurements like minimum/maximum, double indirect, measurement of angles etc.
- Dimensions of the product- 4.2 x 1.8 x 0.9 inches
- It offers various functions such as real-time measurements, indirect measurements, volume, area, length etc.
- It is water and dust resistant and highly durable.
- Small in measurement make it pocket-friendly.
- It supports stakeout measurements.
- It is not good for everyday use.
- It does not work efficiently in the outdoors i.e., it fails to be an efficient outdoor laser measure tool.
Bosch Power Tools Laser Measure - GLM 50 C
Yotube Video Review: Bosch Power Tools Laser Measure - GLM 50 C
General Tools LTM1 2-in-1 Laser Tape Measure
- It is provided with two measuring tools. It is laser measurer that can measure the distance up to 50 feet. It is also equipped with a tape measure of 16 feet.
- It has a single button that helps in easy and convenient operation.
- Measurements are highly accurate and precise. It has a distance range from ¼” to 50 feet.
- Its small dimensions make it portable. Thus, it is easy to fit in hands or else can be hung on a belt.
- It can be used single-handedly and just one button operation makes it easy to use.
- Large screen facilitates easy readability.
- It has a laser capable of measuring 50 feet. Measuring is quick – 10 times faster than other tools.
- It comes with 16 feet measuring tape.
- It does not support metric system.
- The reference point cannot be changed.
The ULTIMATE TOOL | LASER Tape Measure | 2 - in - 1 Tape Measure
Yotube Video Review: The ULTIMATE TOOL | LASER Tape Measure | 2 - in - 1 Tape Measure
Leica DISTO D2 New 330ft Laser Distance Measure
- This product offers 1/16” accurate results. Measuring distance is of 330 feet range.
- It comes with a Class 2 laser and output is 1Mw.
- It supports Bluetooth 4.0 through which data can be transferred to smart devices.
- Dimensions of the product- 116 x 44 x 26 mm
- It uses Pythagoras to measure indirect width and height.
- The end piece is automatic and advanced. It thereby promises accurate results even in remote corners.
- Advanced and automatic end piece for accurate results in the corners.
- It supports Bluetooth through which data can be transferred to the software of our choice.
- Measuring range of the product is very high.
- It does not come with the optical viewfinder.
- It is not water resistant. Thus, it does not fit to be used as a laser tape measure outdoor.
How to use the DISTO™ D2 endpiece
Yotube Video Review: How to use the DISTO™ D2 endpiece
Suaoki S9 330ft Laser Distance Measure, Laser Measure with 2 Bubble Levels
- It supports metric as well as imperial units. It delivers the exact measurements and the measuring distance ranges from 0.05 to 131 feet.
- The product comes with an LCD backlit display that helps in easy and clear readability in the dark.
- It can save the previous 20 recorded measurements in its memory.
- It supports multiple modes. It uses Pythagoras to measure the height and triangular sections. It measures continuous distances, volume, and area. It can add as well as subtract.
- Dimension of the product- 4.5 x 2 x 1.3 inches
- It delivers quick and accurate results when compared with a traditional tape measure.
- It comes with a rubber case that is water resistant and offers protection against water, dust, and dirt.
- It is equipped with a switch that allows the device to record in both metric as well as imperial units.
- It always defaults to the meters mode. To change it to feet, we need to long-press one of the buttons.
Advanced laser measurers are equipped with keys for subtraction. Use them for triangulation calculations and measurements.
uMeasure Laser Measure 328ft Handheld Digital Rangefinder Laser Distance Meter
- The package contains laser measurer, user manual, hand strap, portable bag, and 2 sets of AAA batteries.
- It can measure accurately up to 328 feet. Its accuracy is 1/16”.
- It supports various measurements such as cubic continuous measurement, quick distance, square etc.
- It has a button that helps in switching to various units such as meters, feet, and inches while measuring.
- It comes with an LCD backlight display that enhances readability.
- Area and volume calculation is done automatically.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty for free repair. It has a 30 days money back guarantee.
- It is water and dust resistant. These features make it highly durable.
- It can store in its memory the last 20 measurement recordings.
- It does not deliver accurate results when measured outside or when not measured level and straight.
Yotube Video Review: Laser Measurer
Bosch Bluetooth Enabled 330-Foot Lithium-Ion Laser Distance and Angle Measurer GLM 100 C
- In-tilt sensor helps in displaying 360 degrees of angle measurements and that too in the dual axis.
- Backlit display and the tilt-screen allow better readability in all the directions.
- GLM 100C supports measurements in 10 different modes such as single indirect length, single indirect height, length, volume, area, angle, continuous, min/max, multi-surface and combined indirect height.
- Dimensions of the product- 7.8 x 2 x 7.2 inches
- It can calculate complex lengths and areas.
- It is equipped with a charger and battery made up of lithium-ion making it reliable to last long.
- It supports 10 different styles of measurements.
- Readability is enhanced and better.
- It does not come with easy to use manual.
Bosch Bluetooth Enabled Laser Distance and Angle Measurer - GLM100C
Yotube Video Review: Bosch Bluetooth Enabled Laser Distance and Angle Measurer - GLM100C
Use a magnified viewfinder in newer laser measuring tools. Some even come with an optional external viewfinder it allows up to 4x magnification.
SUAOKI Laser Measure 197Ft with Multi Function Laser
- P7 is automatic in functioning. It measures the distance between two points automatically. It supports Pythagorean measurements, single measurement, continuous measurement and measures volume, area etc.
- It can measure from 0.66-328 feet. Accuracy-related to measuring distance is 2 mm. Accuracy-related to angle is 0.3 degree.
- It can measure in various modes or units such as meters, inches, feet, and feet/inches.
- It can capture the space measurements very easily. It gives access to us to draw the floor plan using CAD sketch.
- It supports the operation of 2-button. It has a 2 inches color touchscreen.
- Dimensions of the product- 4.5 x 1.9 x 1.1 inches
- It is water and dust proof.
- It is compact in design and thus can be carried around in pockets.
- It captures the space dimensions accurately and easily.
- It can save up to previous 30 recordings in its memory.
- It does not support viewfinder.
|Product Name||Image||Distance||Overall Rating||Details|
|Bosch Compact Laser Distance Measure, GLM 35||120-Feet||9.5||Check price|
|DEWALT DW03050 Laser Distance Measurer||165-Feet||10||Check price|
|Bosch Compact Blaze Laser Distance Measure, GLM 20||65-Feet||9.5||Check price|
|Bosch Bluetooth Enabled Laser Distance Measure GLM 50C||165-Feet||9||Check price|
|General Tools LTM1 2-in-1 Laser Tape Measure||50-Feet||8||Check price|
|Leica DISTO D2 New Laser Distance Measure||330-Feet||9.5||Check price|
|Suaoki S9 330ft Laser Distance Measure, Laser Measure with 2 Bubble Levels||330-Feet||8.5||Check price|
|uMeasure Laser Measure 328ft Handheld Digital Rangefinder Laser Distance Meter||328-Feet||9.5||Check price|
|Bosch Bluetooth Enabled Lithium-Ion Laser Distance and Angle Measurer GLM 100 C||330-Feet||8||Check price|
|SUAOKI Laser Measure 197Ft with Multi Function Laser||328-Feet||8||Check price|
What is a Laser Measure Tape?
Laser Measure Types
- Laser measure with Bluetooth
- Laser measure with level
Laser measurer tapes vary as per the level. The laser beam in each one of these tools is designed to reach a certain distance. Once it reaches the object, it gets reflected back and the distance gets calculated.
How Does a Laser Measure Work?
Benefits of Using Laser Measure Tool
- It is automatic and error-free – Since all the results displayed are automatic, it leaves no room for human error.
- Simple design – Most of the laser measurement tools come with a single button. This feature helps the user to use it easily. As it lacks complex design, it can be very conveniently used as and when required.
- Highly durable – Most of them are water and dust resistant and thus there is no sense in doubting their durability. They can efficiently be used in all sorts of the work environment.
- Portability – Laser measuring devices are now designed to have a compact and small size. Thus, they can be easily carried around and easily fits inside the pocket. On a given single day, it can be easily carried around and used to measure the distances on various locations while working with DEWALT DWE7491RS.
- It saves energy – Since the device runs on battery, it does not use up our essential energy. Even it does not suck up lots of battery power and runs for a long time once it is recharged fully. This proves its durability as well as its cost-effectiveness at the same time.
- It can continuously run in laser mode – There is a need to decrease the keystrokes number and for this, the device has to continuously run in laser mode. Since laser measurer does that, it can efficiently measure distances and hardly fidgets with the panel.
- Calculations are quick – Laser measuring tool works with precision and delivers quick results. It does not run on errors and while it is operating, it minimizes the working time. There is no need to double check and run trials again and again as it delivers quick and accurate results first time itself.
- User-friendly – It comes in various shapes and added features. It is equipped with numerical characters. We can use it and get measurements in the units of our choices. Units can be centimeters, millimeters, meters or feet. We ask and the device delivers the instant result. It offers us numerical as well as decimal benefits.
How to Choose Best Laser Measure Device – Buyer’s Guide
There are many different laser measure tools available in the market. Laser tape measure outdoors is becoming more and more popular among users. Consider the following factors before choosing the right one.
- Price – It is an important factor to consider. These tools are available at different prices. Choose the one which best suits you.
- Uses – Different laser measurers are equipped with different distance measurement features. What we need to measure is an important factor to be considered.
- Outdoor/Indoor usability – Some are good for indoor, others for outdoors whereas very few support both of them. If needed for outdoor usability, purchase outdoor laser measure.
- Durability – Some laser measurers are waterproof and dustproof and others are not. Do we really need the device where we need to consider environmental factors? If yes then we need to purchase a highly durable one. If using within indoors, we don’t need to buy a durable one.
- Magnification – Check for the magnification range that device offers. If it has a magnification feature between 4x and 8x then purchase it as per the needs. For example, a hunter needs a device with 4x magnification whereas a golf player requires at least 8 x magnifications.
How to Use the Device?
- Place the laser measurement tool on one end of the line that needs to be measured.
- Laser beam needs to be targeted on an object. If the object is not available, place the one, preferably a plastic object.
- Laser measurer button is pressed. Distance gets calculated and displayed on the screen.
- If areas and volumes need to be measured then further calculations need to be done. On-board functions can be used to calculate.
- Make sure that ground is level and the device is completely stable before hitting the target with the laser beam.
Different laser measurers have different ranges to capture and different laser measurement distance to measure. A laser beam is bounced from the tool and reflection of the same is obtained on the lens surface.
- Laser measure 40 m
- Laser measure 50 m
These tools are designed to cover at least 50 m of distance. These devices fair well especially as indoor devices.
- Laser measure 80 m
Laser Measure VS Traditional Tape Measure
An old measuring tape is a very conventional approach. It may seem simple and easy to use but it is not completely reliable. Here a few differences between conventional measuring tape and an innovative laser measuring tool. These differences depict how accurate and versatile laser measurer is over the limited measuring tape.
- Laser measurer requires only one person to measure the distance between two objects. It does not even require the support of two hands. Just hold it in one hand and use the other one for something else. Traditional tape demands more than one person to get the measurements. We need to make some trials and errors before final results are obtained.
- Laser beam never bends. Tape on the other hand bends and error will be seen in the measurement.
- Long distance measurements can be taken with convenience but in the case of tape measurements, the same thing is not feasible.
- Innovative technologies such as laser measurement sensor and laser measurement floor mats can deliver far better results than traditional tape measure where the results are mostly inaccurate.
- Results obtained are quick in comparison to the conventional approach of measuring the distance through measuring tape where the results get delayed due to the twisting and sagging caused in the tape. In laser measurer, results can be obtained in as good as a fraction of the second.
- A digital display will easily deliver the result within no time when laser measurer is used. In case of measuring tape, we need to count those little lines present and calculate the whole thing.
- Whether it is high ceilings or complicated remote spaces which are hard to reach, using laser measurer we can get the results in no time. If the conventional approach is taken and measuring tape is used, it can take up hours together just to get the gross estimation of the distance. We need to climb up the stairs and walk through the wet and damp surfaces if measurements are to be taken.
- We can choose the units such as inches, feet, meters when we use laser measuring tape. When we measure using measuring tape, we cannot choose the units and even slightest of misreading if take place can cause errors or blunders in the measurement process.
- Laser measurer can be used flawlessly even when lights are dim as it is nowadays equipped with a backlit display which improves readability even in dark hours. Laser dot is another added feature that will help in targeting the object. A measuring tape cannot be used if lights are not bright. There needs to be proper visibility to adjust the tape and get the measurements.
- Laser measurer demands very little. All that it asks for is to have an access to a line of sight to the target which should be within the range. If this minor requirement is fulfilled, it can within no time find out the distance with high accuracy. Measuring tape, on the other hand, does not work in that way. Obstacles present on the floor, cables, and pipes all can hinder the measurement process.
- Laser measurer is particularly helpful when used in hazardous and not so favorable environments. It is safe, accurate and versatile in functioning. In such environments, it may not be feasible for us to wander around with a measuring tape in our hands. There is no scope over there to make plenty of to and fro movements.
Care and Maintenance
- All the parts and accessories along with the laser measurement device should be kept away from the children.
- A special case is provided for storing it while purchasing. Make sure to keep it in that case when not in use. It prevents scratches on the device which is a common thing if placed along with other tools in the toolbox.
- Always keep it in a dry place. Though water resistant, still long exposure to moisture can affect its functioning.
- After every use, clean these tools properly and get rid of all the dust, dirt and moisture before placing them in their cases.
- Don’t drop the device. Regularly check it even when not in functioning.
- Keep the laser properly cleaned as well as aligned. The tool is completely dependent on the laser for the measurement of distance. Use lens cleaner for cleaning purposes.
- Regularly check the alignment of the laser. If the device is regularly moved here and there then alignment check should also be done regularly.
- Most of the devices come with the manual. Carefully read all the instructions before using the laser measuring device and follow all the listed care and safety measures that will help in the long-running of the device.