Having cats and dogs as pets makes for an amazing company but we can’t say the same for a clean home. We’re not just talking about the dirt and debris they probably drag into your home, but also when they leave your furniture and floors covered with hair.
This means trying to keep pet hair under control can end up frustrating. Sounds familiar? Well, that’s why we’ve done all the work for you and listed out the best cordless pet vacuum cleaners that will help you deal with all of the ‘hairy’ situations.
Ready? Let’s get started…
BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Cordless Hand Vacuum – The Best Overall Pet Vacuum
Its lithium-ion battery gives up to 15 – 20 minutes of battery life compared with other rechargeable batteries. This is enough time to clean up stray pet hair or debris from your furniture or floors. It also takes up to 8 hours of recharging time.
Indeed, handheld vacuums are more ideal for quick cleanups than a full-house cleaning job but convenience can’t be easily overlooked. That’s why this Bissell Pet Hair Eraser for pet hair comes with an ergonomic handle and weighs only 3 pounds.
Its transparent dirt cup has a 0.7L holding capacity with a triple-filter system inside that helps to trap large and tiny particles. Looking for the best cordless pet hair vacuum cleaner with a strong suction power? Then the Pet Hair Eraser has got you covered.
- Offers a good 15 – 20 minutes run time
- Strong suction power
- Lightweight at 3 pounds
- Easy to use
- It is equipped with a motorized brush for removing embedded pet hair
- It comes with an easy-to-empty 0.7L dust cup
- Triple filter system for better cleaning performance
- 14 Volts powered lithium-ion battery
MOOSOO Cordless Stick Handheld Vacuum Cleaner – Best Lightweight Pet Vacuum
When it comes to the best cordless stick vacuum for pet hair, the MOOSOO Cordless Vacuum Cleaner has earned that title. With its 17kPa strong suction power, you get up to 30 – 45 minutes battery-life and get to experience how easy it is to clean up everywhere your pet goes. The MOOSOO stick vacuum comes with a mini-motorized brush roll that makes the cleaning of medium and low-pile carpets quite satisfying.
Its 0.4L dust cup comes with an attached bottom cover that opens downwards and allows for a hygienic and easy emptying of dirt. It’s also transparent so you can tell when it needs emptying.
Besides its brush roll, this vacuum cleaner comes with a crevice nozzle, dusting brush, and soft brush roller as well. That’s not all. It comes with a HEPA filter that helps to capture 99.99% of allergens and dust particles in the air. The filter is washable so you can always have adequate suction power and proper filtration at all times.
This lightweight stick vacuum weighs about 2.84 pounds and can be used by all members of your family. Whether it’s to clean higher places or to carry up and down the stairs. Its lightweight also comes handy when it’s used as a handheld vacuum as you can hold it for long periods without straining your wrists.
Looking for the best cordless handheld vacuum for pet hair that is also lightweight? You’ve got yourself a winner.
- It has adequate suction power
- Its mini-motorized brush roll is ideal for hard floors and low-medium pile carpets
- Its swivel joint allows for better maneuverability
- It comes with LED lights for visibility in dark areas
- It comes with a HEPA filter
- Low noise at 65 dB
- The dust cup capacity is low at 0.4 L
Dyson V7 Animal Pro+ Cordless Vacuum Cleaner – Best Noiseless Pet Vacuum
The Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is designed to tackle bothersome pet hair removal in your home. The Dyson vacuum was even ranked #1 in customer satisfaction reviews by J.D. Power in 2019.
The V7 Animal has got all the features you would expect a Dyson cordless vacuum to have. Its motorized floor tool helps to remove dust from hard floors and embedded debris or pet hair from carpets.
With its lightweight detachable wand, you can easily clean high and hard-to-reach places. When you want, you can easily have it changed into a handheld vacuum and go about your cleaning with its mini-motorized brush.
With a good-sized nozzle-shaped crevice tool and side vents, it won’t suck onto surfaces and works perfectly for fast clean-ups. There’s also the soft dusting brush tool that does a terrific job at delicate cleaning and dusting shelves.
After about 6 hours of recharge, you can get up to 30 minutes of battery life and 6 – 8 minutes on high power. Just like other Dyson vacuums, this pet vacuum uses the brand’s latest Two-Tier Radial Cyclone Technology that ensures that there’s always adequate suction power. It also comes with a washable HEPA filtration system.
If you’ve been looking for a better replacement for the Dyson V6 and a good alternative to the V8, then this Dyson stick vacuum is the one for you.
- It comes with a mini-motorized tool for pet hair removal
- Strong suction power.
- It comes with an excellent HEPA filtration system.
- Offers up to 30 minutes run-time
- Lightweight and quiet.
- Hygienic and easy-to-empty dust cup
- Quite expensive.
- Runs for only 6- 8 minutes when running on MAX
Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner – Best for Multi-surface Cleaning
The Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum is the ideal stick vacuum for pet hair removal, carpets, and dusty floors cleaning.
Its swivel steering joint allows for easy maneuverability around furniture and objects. We can all agree on how difficult it is to remove embedded pet hair from carpets but with the motorized brush of this vacuum, that’s quite easy.
The Shark Navigator comes with two washable filters: a mash filter on the top of the dust cup and a foam filter on the bottom.
The great thing about this vacuum cleaner is that it can be used on different types of floors. It’s got a two-speed brush roll that you can easily adjust and soft bristles on the brush roll to prevent scratches on your shiny hardwood floors. With its strong suction power, you can get rid of pet hair, dust, dirt and so on.
With a recharging time of four  hours and 14.4V battery, you’re guaranteed of about 12 minutes when using the carpet setting and 27 minutes for the hard floor cleaning setting. The Shark Navigator weighs about 7.5 pounds which is lightweight enough for you to take up and down the stairs without stress.
Looking for a vacuum cleaner that works great for multi-surface cleaning and won’t cost you too much? Then the Shark Navigator Freestyle is the perfect stick vacuum for you.
- Strong suction power
- Lightweight and self-standing
- Rubber wheels to prevent scratches on shiny hardwood floors
- Short recharging time of four hours
- Easy maneuverability
- It can’t be used for deep cleaning
- Quite noisy
ONSON Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner – Best Portable Pet Vacuum
When it comes to efficiency, strong suction power and good battery life, the ONSON Cordless Stick Vacuum is worth considering. The ONSON Stick Vacuum is quite lightweight at about 4.85 pounds which makes it easy for you to lift and carry around the house. With its robust handle, you’ll get a good grip on this vacuum without straining your hand or wrists.
Although it works great for hard floors and carpets, you can easily unlock the handheld potentials of this vacuum cleaner and clean your blinds and furniture haps with its dual-purpose dusting brush and crevice wand.
Maneuvering around corners is easy thanks to its floor cleaning head’s ability to pivot 180 degrees along with a pair of smooth wheels that reduces the force needed to push it. It also comes with LED headlights for better visibility in dark areas.
Its 9.6-inch-wide floor nozzle comes with two kinds of brush rolls. The hard-bristled helix-patterned brush roll is perfect for vacuuming carpets and the soft double-V rolling brush is ideal for bare-floors.
To tackle dirtier floors, this vacuum cleaner allows you to choose the suction power you want – Standard or Max. On Standard Mode, you can vacuum for 40 minutes and on Max Mode, you can vacuum for 20 minutes. The recharging time takes about 4 – 5 hours.
It also generates multiple cyclones of suction that separate dust from debris before it [debris] enters the transparent 0.55L dirt cup. The dust then travels through the washable HEPA filtration disc.
If you want a simple and easy-to-use vacuum cleaner, the ONSON Stick Vacuum is yours for the taking.
- Strong and adjustable suction power
- Easy maneuverability
- Easy-to-empty dirt cup
- It comes with a washable HEPA filter
- It’s easy to monitor how much charge is left
- It’s non-adjustable
- Not enough suction for deep cleaning carpets
- It might be a little noisy when cleaning carpets
Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Vacuum Cleaner – Best Value-for-Money Pet Vacuum
The Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Vacuum Cleaner won’t only give you the best value for your money but will also meet your vacuuming needs.
It weighs about 2.87 pounds which makes moving around the house to be quite easy. It comes with a full-sized motorized brush and three attachments that make reaching the tiny spots or areas such as furniture gaps to be hassle-free.
The dust cup is about 0.3L and is easy to empty and clean and features a HEPA filtration system ensuring that your home remains as allergy-free as possible. Once you squeeze the trigger, its 350-watt motor comes to life. There’s a button beside the trigger as well that keeps the trigger squeezed for you once you pull it.
The LED lights in front of the vacuum’s cleaning head that help with visibility in dark areas especially under the furniture. On Regular Mode, you’ll get up to 25 minutes of battery life. On Max Mode, the battery life is used up faster but it will work great for deep cleaning hard floors and carpets.
This vacuum cleaner also comes with two different built-in modes. The Powerful Max Mode is the highest power mode and reaches 110 air watts which make for strong suction power. You’ll be able to pick up all dirt or debris on your hard floors or carpets without working too hard.
The Continuous Power Mode Switch Lock allows you to clean your rooms without needing to hold the power button down.
The Tineco A10 Hero Stick Vacuum comes with everything that ensures that your chores are well done.
- Strong suction power
- Decent run time that’s up to 25 minutes
- Bright LED searchlights for visibility under furniture
- It comes with a HEPA filtration system
- Short run time in Max mode
- Small dust cup holding capacity at 0.3L
- Average steering maneuverability
Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner – Best Versatile Pet Vacuum
The Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum is an outstanding and logical next step in the family of Dyson cordless vacuum cleaners.
The Dyson V8 Animal vacuum gives a run time that’s up to 40 minutes and takes between 4 – 5 hours to fully recharge. It comes with two powered cleaning heads and attachments that make cleaning tiny areas easy. It can be switched into a detachable handheld vacuum mode and used for all-surface cleaning.
This vacuum cleaner also features a pistol grip and a trigger power switch that gives you a comfortable and natural grip, making it feel natural and comfortable to use. It comes with a 0.53L dust bin with a high-quality Dyson vacuum filter system. The primary filter is located at the top of the dust canister while the secondary filter is located behind the motor. A clean Dyson filter can capture particles as tiny as 3 microns.
We like that it’s easy to empty the V8 canister and that there’s an indicator on it that tells you when it needs to be emptied.
Besides its direct-drive head and turbo tool, the V8 also comes with crevice and combination tools that are easy to attach to either the extension tube or its main body.
- Strong suction power
- Excellent floorhead design
- Easy-to-empty dust bin
- It’s got up to 40-minutes battery life
- Small dust bin holding capacity
- Its suction isn’t so strong for hard floors
- Lacks Dyson’s soft roller cleaner
Picture this… you just finished vacuuming all the pet hair in sight after a long cleaning time. Then just as you bend down, you find out that there’s more embedded in your carpet and underneath the furniture. That will cause such a great headache and also make you wonder if you’ve got the right vacuum cleaner for the job. So, how do you know what you should look out for when looking for the best cordless pet vacuum cleaner? Here are the key aspects for you to consider:
- Suction Power: This is the most important feature of any vacuum cleaner as it’s one of the ways to know if you got value for your money or just wasted your money. To find out if the vacuum cleaner you’re considering has a strong suction power, you’ll need to pay attention to its motor and battery voltage. As a rule of thumb, the higher the vacuum’s voltage, the stronger its suction power. The best cordless pet vacuums usually come with about high voltage batteries.
- Battery Life/ Run Time: The next important factor to consider after a vacuum cleaner’s suction power is its battery life/run time. If you come across a cordless vacuum pet hair cleaner that can only run for 10 minutes then you should look the other way. The run time of any vacuum cleaner depends greatly on its battery capacity or size. However, a larger battery could mean a bigger and heavier vacuum cleaner. Most of the cordless stick vacuums on the market have a battery life of about 20-30 minutes.
The handheld options usually have the same battery life or a bit less. A vacuum cleaner that runs for 20 minutes can clean up a small apartment or cover a floor surface that’s roughly about 1,000 feet. You should go for lithium-ion batteries which tend to charge faster and last longer or detachable batteries if you’ve got a wider surface to cover.
- Filtration System: If you’ve got strong allergies, then this should top the list for you when you’re looking for the best cordless pet vacuum. Going for vacuum cleaners with excellent filtration systems will help to trap the tiny dust particles and allergens in the air without letting them escape into the air. This way you can safely clean your home without sneezing continuously.
- Brush Type: A vacuum cleaner that comes with a motorized brush-roll makes for a better, effective, and easier cleaning experience. A vacuum cleaner that has got a strong suction power with a motorized brush will give you the opportunity to deep clean your carpets or rugs effectively. This is true especially for those clingy or embedded pet hairs that usually seem difficult to remove. Some vacuum cleaners even come with two or more extra brushes for you to try out and know the ones that work for your carpets or hard floors.
- Dust Bin Capacity: Having to empty the dirt cup after you’ve cleaned up each room can turn out to be as stressful as you can imagine especially if your pet has got long hair. With that said, you should make sure that the vacuum cleaner you’re looking to get has enough dirt holding capacity to help save you time and energy.
- Versatility: You should also make sure that the vacuum cleaner will meet your needs and expectations. Most of the pet vacuums we’ve listed in our reviews above can be easily converted into a handheld vacuum cleaner. You’ll find this feature useful and vital when you’re trying to clean under your furniture or the stairs. The more useful attachments that come with your vacuum cleaner, the better and more convenient it is for you.
What Is the Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair?
Must I Go for a Cordless Pet Vacuum Cleaner?
How Do You Prevent Your Vacuum Cleaner from Smelling?
Most vacuum cleaners come with two filters. Depending on the filter type, they’ll either need washing or replacement. If your vacuum cleaner comes with a HEPA filter, then it’s good for about three years before you should bother having it replaced.
Always ensure that the hoses and attachments for your vacuum cleaner are free from dirt. You can refer to the manual of your vacuum cleaner on its cleaning instructions for the hoses and attachments.
Extra Tip: If you’re quite sensitive to bad odors then we recommend adding vacuum air fresheners to your vacuum as you use it to clean your house.
What Is a Stick Vacuum Cleaner?
Can I Improve the Suction Power of My Vacuum Cleaner?
Another reason for a lost suction power is a clogged filter. A clogged filter can lead to reduced suction power. If this is the issue, check the instruction manual on how to clean a Dyson filter or other type.
We recommend that you always check the hose and attachments for any obstructions to avoid a reduced suction power. From your kids’ Lego piece to a crayon, a vacuum cleaner could end up blocked and have an obstructed airflow. Also, check if there are any air leakages as well.
Finally, a faulty motor can be the cause. If this is the problem then you can check on how to replace and repair vacuum motors online without the need for a new vacuum cleaner.
How We Tested
The most important thing for a cordless vacuum cleaner to do is the ability to easily clean different surfaces. After sorting through different cordless stick vacuums on and off Amazon, we came across brands with enough suction to stand a chance at getting rid of dirt and embedded carpet hair. We purchased these vacuum cleaners like normal consumers would to avoid any tweaking or changes and then put them through a series of tests.
For the first round of tests, we wanted to see how well each vacuum cleaner could pick up dirt easily. To do this, we got some talcum powder and poured some on hard floors and a small carpet area. We took turns with each vacuum cleaner and recorded how well and fast each vacuum could clean up the talcum powder. Note: We tested them all on low power and the vacuum cleaners that did a great cleaning job at this level was enough proof that they’d do great as well on high power.
Next, we got some pet hair [from a grooming store near by] and placed them in tiny corners to see how close and well each vacuum cleaner got to cleaning up the dirt. This allowed us to know if each of these vacuum cleaners would be ideal for cleaning the nooks and crannies in the home that usually collects dust a lot.
We also checked for usability and convenience. Besides reaching and cleaning tiny areas, the convenience of carrying the vacuum cleaner around the house, up and down the stairs is also important. We made sure everyone on the testing team handled each vacuum cleaner and give their verdict on each one’s ease of use.
Then, we tested all the attachments to know if they were useful as well as how much noise each vacuum cleaner made.
Finally, we checked for battery life. We wanted to know how long each vacuum could last on different settings and how long it took to recharge to full power.
Indeed, cordless vacuum cleaners might not have a strong suction power like the traditional corded models we’re used to but they make up for this with their useful attachments and better mobility.
Our top pick for the best cordless pet vacuum is the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. It’s affordable and has got excellent cleaning performance. If you’re looking for the ideal cordless pet vacuum that works for many surfaces then the Shark Navigator Freestyle is up to the task. Looking for the best Cordless Dyson vacuum cleaners? Then you’ve got the Dyson V7 and V8 to choose from. Whatever your budget and needs, you’ll make a great choice with our buying guide and reviews.