If you want to burn more calories and attain general body fitness, a Maxi Climber is definitely the solution you need. It utilizes the same movements as rock climbing, enabling you to engage all the muscle groups and achieve a lean, sculpted body.
It is a home workout machine that, suitable for people who do not have time to go to the gym or those who want to supplement their regular workout. It is easy to use and does not require the user to learn any new skills or techniques.
By outlining the cons and pros of the maxi climber, the review below will help you make an informed choice, as well as let you know what to expect from the machine before making the purchase.
- Price: $199.99 and free shipping
- Dimensions: 57 x 10 x 6 inches
- Item Weight: 33 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 34 pounds
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 240 pounds
- Batteries: requires 1 nonstandard battery
- Material: cold rolled steel
- Fitness goal: lose weight, increase cardio, tighten and tone
- Maximum weight capacity: 240lbs
- Features: adjustable height, isometric nonstick grips, workout timer, compact folding design
- It is easy to assemble since most of the setup work has been completed before delivery.
- The Climber is stable, and this eliminates the danger of tipping over during exercise. However, it would be good if you place it on solid ground rather than on a carpet to completely avoid stability issues.
- It only requires one nonstandard battery which is included in the purchase.
- It has a lightweight yet sturdy frame that makes it easy to move around when needed.
- It folds quite neatly so you can store it away or transport it with ease since it will not take up much space. It can fit in a standard sized closet or even under the bed.
- It is sold at a fairly low price as compared to other climber equipment in the market and gives the full value of your money when used appropriately.
- It comes with an instructional CD to guide you on assembly and usage.
- This product has been designed to suit all body types.
- The Climber is only suitable for rooms with high ceilings (8 foot or higher) especially for tall people so that the machine can give enough head clearance for effective use.
- The location of the timer is located in a way that you cannot track the feedback when the product is in use. You only see the stats if you stop the workout.
- The maximum weight recommendation of the Maxi product is set at 240 pounds so people who weigh more may need to lose a few pounds if they want to use it.
- It has studded pedals, and this makes it uncomfortable to use when barefoot. You will need good shoes with rubber bottom.
Maxi Climber Vertical Climber
Yotube Video Review: Maxi Climber Vertical Climber
- Price: $39.99 and free shipping on orders over $49
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 pounds
- Materials: neoprene and iron sand
- Target Gender: unisex
- Features: built-in iron and sand weight filling, adjustable straps, one size fits most, sleek design, has a back pouch for small items.
- The shoulder straps are well padded, and this ensures that the vest does not leave your shoulders sore.
- It is pretty small, so you can comfortably wear it under a workout sweatshirt or hood.
- It fits well around your body and does not move around during use. You can run, lift weights, and do other body workouts and the vest will remain securely fastened.
- The weight of the vest creates additional resistance as you work out. With this, you exert more force and spend more energy to attain your desired workout goal.
- It concentrates most of the weight on the upper body, and this helps to build core muscle strength and to work the abdominals.
- It can be used comfortably for both men and women.
- It is durable when put into the right use and given proper maintenance.
- The weight of the vest is evenly distributed, and this keeps the user comfortable and ensures there are no shoulder pains.
- The straps give some leeway for movement in that it does not constrict your chest or make it difficult for you to breathe.
- It is offered at a low price as compared to other climber equipment in the market.
- The non-stick feature on the grips enables you to move your hands during the workout with a high degree of safety.
- There is no allowance to add more weight for users who find this vest not heavy enough to suit their needs.
- The sand weight pellets are not put in a separate package, so they tend to leak through the material when extra force is exerted on the vest.
- The added weight of the vest could easily aggravate any existing pain on the lower back especially during movements that require you to bend at the waist.
Why Choose a Maxi Climber?
There is a wide variety of vertical climbers that are advertised as the perfect products for total body fitness solutions. However, most of these do not live up to the hype, and often leave the users disappointed after failing to deliver what they promise.
However, Maxi vertical climber stands out, and you need to choose it out of the many other options for the following reasons:
- It gives a complete body workout
Exercising on this vertical climber requires that you engage all the muscle groups (thigh muscles, gluteal muscles, biceps, triceps) during which you only have to use your body weight as resistance. For some people, other types of workouts such as treadmills and jogging can be difficult but with this machine, they can get full benefits of such workouts with a lower risk of injury.
- It is reliable and safe
Safety concerns for self and others often keep most people from trying out gym fitness equipment. However, with the vertical climber Maxi, you don’t need to worry about that because your safety is the most important factors that the manufacturers consider. It is made with the best materials to effectively support your weight.
- It is quiet
Some fitness equipment produces a lot of noise that bothers not only the user but also other people in the surrounding. People who have used this vertical climber can attest to the fact that it is relatively quiet during use. You will not have to worry about squeaky noises produced by other types of workout machines such as some treadmills and stationary indoor cycling bicycles.
- It is adjustable to different heights
With up to 5 height settings available, the machine accommodates short and tall people alike. They will comfortably reach the bars and stretch upwards during a workout. Adjustable height also assures the users of a safer and more tailored workout.
- It is light enough and does not take up much space
When space is limited in your home, you will want to purchase a workout machine that folds up well, and that you can easily carry around after your workout. This machine meets the space consideration because you can put it away in the closet when you are done.
- It has various health benefits
Exercising with this equipment helps the users to lose weight by burning calories. A number of calories you burn will be determined by your age, lean muscle development, weight, and the exertion you are using during exercise. Another benefit is that the workouts can help you build muscle as you try to support your body weight during upward motion.
Additionally, use of this machine will enhance proper blood flow in your body and improve your cardiovascular health.
- It comes pre-assembled
Some home fitness equipment is difficult to assemble even when they come with assembly instructions from the manufacturer. The case is different with this vertical climber that is partially assembled by the time of delivery and does not require any additional parts. You can start using the equipment within minutes of receiving it. This also enhances your safety as it reduces chances of unsafe installation of machine parts.
- Reasonably priced
The price of this equipment is relatively low in comparison to other machines that offer a full body workout. Its effectiveness equals that of some other models you would find in a gym setting, thus enabling you to enjoy such benefits from the comfort of your home.