A successful hunting spree requires one to wear good hunting boots. Comfort and durability are the topmost factors to consider – because you don’t want to be out there worrying about your feet while you should be focusing on the prey. Talking about good hunting boots, today we would like to talk about the top 10 units available on the market. If you are a seasoned hunter, chances are that you are familiar with some of these – nonetheless, we have taken a deep dive to each boot’s features to help you make an informed choice.
Baffin Men’s Hunter Waterproof Boot
Made in the USA, this is one of the rare hunting boots that will not make your feet hurt right from the first day of wearing. Not only can you use it in almost all kinds of weather thanks to its rubber material, but it’s very durable and works well even in cold weather. Baffin Men’s Hunter Waterproof Boot works also great even in rainy season since it is completely waterproof. Besides, this boot is available in various sizes so you don’t have to worry about not finding your specific size. However, it is advisable to choose a smaller size when buying this pair of boots and pair it with a pair of socks to ensure you feel the best comfort.
- A removable felt liner that you can remove for a wash or replacement. The liner ensures your feet stays dry and breathable.
- Thick sole padding that makes the hunting boots keep retaining warmth thereby ensuring you do not lose your toes even in negative degree.
- A removable inner boot with rubber construction hence can withhold up to -40 degree Fahrenheit so the temperature will no longer be a problem especially if you live in very cold areas.
- The opening of this boot is approximately 17.25 inches, therefore, you can be sure you’ll not have trouble wearing it regardless of your foot size.
- Boasts a 1.5-inch heel, a 13.25-inch shaft from the arch and a 0.5-inch platform.
- The color is forest/black that gives it a heavy and classy look that you definitely don’t want to miss.
- Features a fully moulded Arctic rubber upper and outsole and a water, textured toe guard and waterproof nylon snow collar so that your feet remain dry even during rainy days.
- At only two pounds, this a lightweight hunting boot. Therefore, regardless of how exotic tour you go you can always carry these boots with you and just relax.
Rubber; Made in USA or Imported; Rubber sole; Shaft measures approximately 13.25" from arch; Heel measures approximately 1.5"; Platform measures approximately 0.5"; Boot opening measures ...
Available: In stock
Very well made boot, boot size runs large, get a size smaller than you normally wear. Great waterproof boot for doing odd jobs in the cold. They rate this boot for -40 degrees, not a chance. If you work all day in the snow and ice, or planned on using these boots ice fishing, you may be disappointed. I wore these on the tractor last week when it was -12 (not counting wind chill). It took me an hour to blow the driveway, my feet where cold when I came in the house. These do not replace pac-style boots for outdoor activities. if you were going to sit on the ice fishing all day, this is not the boot for that. These boots shine in spring and fall when everything is cool and sloppy. They are called Hunter, for the most part you dont hunt in January and February. These are not a 1200 gram thinsulate Lacrosse. Then again, I knew they wouldnt be. These are the best boots you will buy for 50 bucks though. Great barn boot 100% waterproof
January 11, 2014
I wear a 10.5 Mens. Ordered an 11 Mens. WAY TOO BIG! Returned for a 10 Mens. Now fits. Crazy Canadians!
November 29, 2013
I like the fact that they are waterproof and warm but the size they call out are just plan wrong. My foot size is 10 measured at the store and purchased a good fitting size 8 with wool socks, go figure.
March 27, 2013
- These hunting boots keep your feet warm throughout
- Easy to clean even after using them on muddy areas because of their smooth surface
- Features treads that are slippery resistance so you won’t have to worry that you could slip when moving in muddy areas
back to menu ↑
- In case you order the exact size of your feet, you may end up getting a bigger size that you had not actually anticipated so always order a size smaller than your original size
Irish Setter Men’s 2870 Vaprtrek Waterproof 8-Inch Hunting Boot
Designed for day-to-day use, this hunting boot can always be used if your job is in the field or whenever you want to go hiking, fishing or hunting. It is made of rubber and synthetic material hence very comfortable to wear. Irish Setter Men’s 2870 Vaprtrek Waterproof 8 Hunting Boot features an UltraDry construction that usually combines waterproof design for both upper and outsoles with a moisture management lining components for dry and long lasting comfort all the time. These hunting boots, on the other hand, are 40 percent lighter than traditional pieces hence climbing and walking is easier with these boots. Therefore, whether you a pair of warm and lightweight winter boots is what you need or you simply just want to keep the water off of your feet in the swamps or marshes, these hunting boots are what you need.
- Boasts Irish Setter exclusive ScentBan scent control technology that helps in killing bacteria and other germs that are likely to cause diseases and odors.
- Provides an athletic maneuverability that normally heightens traction as well as balance.
- RPM technology which is a break-through composite sole material that reduces the weight of the boot significantly while providing added endurance and great comfort.
- The 7-inch shaft from the arch with extreme durability.
- Boats thick foam in the insoles that cushions your feet so your feet won’t hurt especially when you have to walk for long.
Synthetic; Imported; Rubber sole; Shaft measures approximately 7" from arch; Light weight ankle-high hunting boot with extreme durability, ideal for early-season; ScentBan scent control; UltraDry ...
Available: In stock
First of all I would like to say that this boot fits a little small I wear size 10w and I had to get the 11 extra wide. That aside I have had this boot for about a month now, I go out this time of the year hunting morels, and I end up in all sorts of terrain , rocks soft dirt, mud areas with a lot of leaves and weeds, And so far they are holding up well, staying waterproof and getting really good traction. also I forgot to mention they weigh less than combat boots, they are so lightweight you can't help but wonder how they will hold up, but im here to tell you theses are really tough. I HAVE PUT THEM THROUGH THE RINGER THE LAST FEW WEEKS. I will post any updates in the future.
April 22, 2014
Super light!! These feel lighter than my Ecco dress shoes! Took zero break-in. Good ankle support and very comfortable.Fit: I ordered a half size up and wider than normally wear. I'm glad I did because these fit perfectly.
August 19, 2015
I was in the military for some time and had to buy boots on a regular basis. Usually, I had to buy boots that were half to a full size larger than my tennis shoes or casual shoes. However, these were the exact same size when it came to tennis shoes. They are super comfortable, cool (temperature) and lightweight. I currently use them now for early Spring and late fall Turkey hunting. I have a pair of the Stone colored ones as well and they are just as great. I definitely recommend buying these.
June 5, 2014
- Looks good and very stylish
- Feels comfortable and is very warm
- Prevents dirt, ice or mud to penetrate inside
back to menu ↑
- They are not very good in terms of airflow as expected
LaCrosse Men’s 18-Inch Grange Hunting Boot
With a wide range of hunting boots available in the market all with different quality levels, finding the best may prove to be a challenge. That is why we bring you LaCrosse Men’s 18-Inch Grange Hunting Boot, one of the best and affordable boots for hunting. Available in various sizes, these hunting boots are great for hiking, farming, camping, hunting among many other activities. The boots have friendly features to make your feet smile all through your hunting sprees. They are extremely tough and durable and mud never sticks on them hence easy to clean. Made from rubber, these boots are water resistant and lightweight allowing you to walk and even run in them comfortably while being able to withstand even the harshest weather conditions. In addition, they have the highest quality and have a nice and comfortable heel.
- The insole features removable EVA foam with fiberglass shank that provides cushioning and maximum arch support thereby creating the best comfort all day long.
- Boasts a scent free rubber for durability and are 100 percent ozone resistant.
- Comes with a 17-inch shaft from the arch and a chevron cleated outsole that gives the boots great grip and debris shedding traction so the boot won’t track dirt or mud around it. This feature makes them a great option for any outdoorsman.
- Boasts a narrow ankle pocket that provides a secure fit and comes in OD green color.
Rubber; Imported; Rubber sole; Shaft measures approximately 17" from arch; Waterproof hunting boot with removable EVA foam footbed and supportive fiberglass shank; LaCrosse Ankle-Fit narrowed ankle ...
Available: In stock
I purchased these boots about 8 years ago and have finally worn them out. I work in the garden year round almost every day and I have put them through some pretty rough treatment. They've finally cracked all the way through at the back of the ankles. I've duct taped them over and over but it's time to get another pair. What I love about them is because of the tight ankle fit they never slip off so I've never felt unsure or wobbly in them. The foot treads are sturdy so I can wear them for 8 hours continually and my feet won't hurt or feel tired when I take them off. I even wore them on a ship once and I had to jump on deck from the dock platform. I felt very sure footed and confident.They don't come in ladies sizes though (bummer! I have a very narrow foot and wear a 6 1/2 to maybe a size 7 shoe (depending on the maker If you have a foot size similar to mine, buy the men's size 5 boot. It will fit you perfectly. I am looking forward to the next 8 years in my new boots, (or longer if I take better care of them.)I will say that because of the tight ankle fit, that is probably why they cracked at seam at the back of the ankles. I used to step on the back of each heel to be able to get them off, not recommended. I would suggest purchasing a boot jack to get them off because after a long day, your feet might get sweaty and they can be a little difficult to get off. If I could justify spending $400 on a pair of Le Chameau Chasseur boots with the full length zipper, I'd buy those in a heartbeat, but I've got better things to do with my money and anyway, these Le Crosse boots have never let me down.
November 11, 2010
I owned a pair of this same boot purchased four years ago. The old boots were Made in USA. The new ones are Made in China. The old ones finally started leaking at a seam so I replaced them with the new, Chinese model. The two look identical. I really like the sizing and the ankle-fit that keeps the boot from pulling off in the mud. The design hasn't changed. The quality has changed.The first day I wore the new Chinese boots, a small stick poked a hole right through the boot at the ankle. I used the old boots for four years walking through the same land and were never perforated. The old ones just wore out. The Chinese ones lasted about an hour. LaCrosse sells a patching kit that I will have to try before I give up on these boots.Also, there is a change in the rubber formulation. My old USA boots would stick to my Silicone-painted garage floor. If I left them overnight, they would lift the paint. I tried the new ones right beside the old ones. Even at four-years the USA boots stick to the floor. The new ones don't stick at all. The design hasn't changed but the rubber compound has changed.
November 29, 2013
Perhaps the best review I can offer is to compare brands. I wear tall rubber boots to walk in wetlands. I need boots tall enough to stop water, snow and debris, and made of rubber strong enough to brush off snags.My previous boot of choice was the 16” Cabela’s Wellington with Thinsulate lining. They had a neat spur at the heel which made removing the boots very easy. They were also made in China with a rubber that smelled of industrial aromatics, and worse, cracked within weeks if not hours. The rubber cracked at stressed point, seams and flat surfaces! The design of the boot was rugged; however, this was not the performance I was expecting. They were repeatedly patched with Barge cement and bicycle inner tube. Pair after pair, the quality of rubber varied. If a pair lasted a year, it was miracle of rubber chemistry. So unfortunate because I really like the Cabela’s.I needed something substantively better so I chose the LaCrosse Grange because of reputation. If the LaCrosse lasted twice as long as the Cabela’s, it would not only be a worthwhile investment, but also a significant cost-saving.The LaCrosse fit snug across the calf making the adjustment strap more a style statement. That’s good if only because the adjustment straps are different lengths: a minor oops at the factory in China. Nevertheless, I can tuck my pants inside the boots without difficulty. It took a few hikes for the instep to relax and now I do not need a boot jack. The rubber is certainly of better quality: it doesn’t smell, hasn’t torn on snags, the seams do not split. Best of all the LaCrosse Grange is two inches taller than the Cabela’s so I can go deeper into wetlands. It’s been two years and the LaCrosse are still working fine. The soles are wearing smooth but there are no leaks, and the lining is not peeling. The Lacrosse perform well where the Cabela’s fail.
January 9, 2014
- Allows you to tuck your pants inside them without any problem
- Very light weight but firm hence won’t wobble
- Waterproof and does not smell
- Made from high-quality rubber hence will last for a very long time
back to menu ↑
- These hunting boots are a little bit tight at the ankle area hence not easily pulled off
Muck Boot Men’s Fieldblazer Hunting Boots
Built ready to take on any climatic and terrain conditions, these boots are geared towards providing maximum comfort to the wearer. The Original MuckBoots Adult FieldBlazer Hunting Boot have a camouflage pattern which blends perfectly with the outdoor conditions alongside nylon flexibility which is just enough to provide a 4-way stretch. And just in case your hunting spree involves a bit of navigating through marshy water, these hunting boots will provide you with just the waterproof protection you need all-day long.
One thing to note about these hunting boots is that the top has a stretch-fit line binding which wraps around the calf for maximum warmth and dryness. You can comfortable wear these even to cold places all because they have a comfortable range of sub-freezing to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. And what about keeping them clean? Easy – the Original Muck Boots have a self-cleaning outsole that wraps the entire perimeter for maximum protection and easy cleaning.
- These are all terrain sports boots that are perfect in dry as well as marshy conditions. And it doesn’t matter if the area is too hot or too cold as these hunting boots are conditioned to offer maximum comfort.
- Durability is guaranteed by the presence of vulcanized rubber shell that is incredibly abrasion-resistant and durable. So whether you’re stepping out into rugged terrain or an abrasive grassland, there’s no reason to worry.
- CR flex-foam with four-way stretch which is buoyant, flexible and lightweight.
- Comfortable and breathable air mesh lining which complements a snug fitting topline binding that keeps the cold out and the warmth in.
- There is shank reinforcement provided to create additional support that is needed especially when you have to spend many hours outdoors.
Rubber and Fabric; Rubber sole; Rugged knee-high hunting boot featuring Realtree shaft in waterproof materials; Reinforced achilles support panel; Reinforced shank
Available: In stock
I bought these after doing my research on different types of boots. I had heard a lot of good things about these boots from friends and from reviews. I took a chance and bought them saved about 50 bucks on amazon. Where I hunt it is a real wet swamp type area with all kinds of standing water. I have used regular cheap water/ rain boots (plain black rubber) and they worked well but were very uncomfortable and gave me blisters after extended use. That is not the case with these boots. I have worn these boots a full 8-10 hours stright and they are very comfortable. These boots have a lot cushion on the bottem and with the flexible side walls these boots wear very well. 100% waterproof all the way to the top. These boots are warm when its cold, even standing in freezing water they stay warm. Even when the temp goes up these boots stay nice and cool as well. Not sure how they made this possible but they keep for feet at a nice comfortable temp. Over all this is a great product and i will be purchase this brand again.
May 30, 2013
I wasn't sure how comfortable these would be in warm weather, but they don't overheat you or make you feel like you are in a sauna. I have been wearing them since the start of bow season. We have had lots of rain, then lots of sunlight. They have kept my feet dry and have good traction. I also had to wear them in camp because we had so much mud, so they were on my feet for extended periods of time. I have bad feet to begin with and a bad boot will pert near cripple me. These boots do their part in the comfort and fit department. I would say what ever size you use for a work boot, use that for sizing on these boots. I would move up, not down on half sizes. These are not a stealth boot, but they make very little noise walking to a stand. Muck has a good reputation and a well deserved one. I give these an A+.
October 2, 2012
This is a great three season boot. Period. I already own Muck dog walking shoes (6yrs) and Woody Max winter hunting boots (5yrs), so I had a lot of faith in the product going in. I needed a three-season boot for hunting that was less insulated than the Woody, but came higher up the leg than my dog shoes. I looked at a variety of other brands but kept coming back to Muck just because they seemed so solid while at the same time being so light on my feet. I wore these out of the box for a week of bow hunting in Delaware with comfort and confidence. Boots are a highly individualistic product because one person's foot and fitness can varies so much from another. But for me, these are the bomb and I recommend them without reservation.
September 24, 2011
- Perfect for all-terrain
- Available in different sizes
- Easy to maintain
back to menu ↑
- Wearing an incorrectly sized one may cause air noise when one walks. Any kind of noise is definitely not a good thing when you’re out there hunting.
Bogs Men’s Bowman Waterproof Hunting Boots
Made of rubber and textile, these hunting boots are waterproof, odorless and above all comfy. The shaft measures approximately 15.5 inches from the arch. The material is entirely covered by 6mm neoprene insulation which also comes with max-wick moisture and Scent Combat biotechnology which keeps them safe and odorless always. One amazing thing about Bogs Men’s Bowman hunting boots is that you don’t have to spend time worrying about painful toes. Being one of the best models available on the market, these ones prides themselves in keeping the hunter comfortable throughout the hunting mission.
That’s not all; these boots weigh a mere 2.6 lbs per boot meaning that you can wear them all day long without necessarily being dragged down by their weight. The heel kick on the back also does not disappoint – it is optimized to help you get them off easily. The logic behind this boot is to keep all the cold out and all the warmth in when you are in a cold place. At the same time, the boot keeps your feet slightly cooler than the surroundings when you are in a hot jungle.
- Lined with air mesh and non-bacterial features, which prevent the risk and worries of bad odor and infections.
- Its neoprene material is easy to clean and above all, it still brings on board that authentic look that you need when going out on an outdoor mission.
- The hunting boots are generally silent meaning you won’t have to worry about them producing some strange noise as you approach your prey.
- Above all, the boots at 2.6 lbs per boot are light enough to facilitate those long and treacherous journeys through the jungle.
Rubber and Textile; Rubber sole; Shaft measures approximately 14.5" from arch; Waterproof hunting boot featuring 6mm neoprene insulation, Max-wick moisture wicking lining, and Scent Combat ...
Available: In stock
I have been hunting with rubber boots for 25 years. A year ago I got my first set of Muck boots (pursuit) and they were a whole new level of comfort over the $60 boots I typically bought. I am very happy with the Muck boots but they are a little difficult to get off because there is no rear kick to push your opposite foot against to get leverage. The Bogs arrived today and I am making a direct comparison between them and my Muck boots. Sizing. Bogs run about 1/2 size large. I wear a 10 sneaker/shoe. I ordered a size ten and they fit perfectly through the ankle and have a bit of extra room in the toe with a heavy sock. The Muck's fit was a bit smaller so they feel more like a sneaker (no extra room with a heavy sock). I have read another review that having a bit of air around the foot will add insulation and also help with wicking moisture but I worry that a long walk with some extra room could also cause some discomfort. The calves are much larger on the Bogs which may make it hard to get a pair of jeans over it but hunting pants should not be a problem (I always tuck them in to my boots unless it's raining). The handle opening at the top of the Bogs is a HUGE plus for me. Much easier to pull them on than the Muck boots (not that Muck is terribly difficult) but still a plus. The tread on the Bogs looks rugged but so are the Muck's. The Bogs have a rounded sole up by the toe. This should add comfort in walking and lower the chance of tripping on sticks/rocks but it did tip me forward when I was just standing there and shifted my weight to my toe so it could take a bit of getting used to. I think the Muck boots are a bit more comfortable for walking than the Bogs.Read more ›
August 19, 2014
I am very happy with this boot. It was given to me as a gift. It has great traction, and lacks that stiff feeling of thicker soled rubber boots. I can walk comfortably all day. My only issue is the size of the calf of the boot is quite large on my leg. And it is almost impossible to have my pants on the outside of the boot because they wont fit over it. Of course thats not an issue for most times you need this boot on. All in all a good boot, quite warm even in 10 degree weather.
February 5, 2013
These boots are the very best in comfort, workmanship, design, fit and feel hands down! I have used just about every slip on hunting boot out there over the years at all price ranges, and nothing beats the Bogs Co. We are a hunting family from spring turkey, to fall deer and elk and predator hunts, and we can count on Bogs boots to make our hunts enjoyable. These are enjoyably warm and the fit is true to size. If the temps are going to get much above 60deg you may find them a bit to warm, but we have tree stand hunted at 18deg with them and if you only use one quality pair of socks and slip a toe warmer in you will be good to go at that temp. The key is not to add extra socks like so many people mistakenly do, that just robs you of the air pocket your feet need to keep them warm. Better to add just a little heat in that air pocket instead, and you will be good all day long sitting. If you plan to be walking then just the one pair of socks is all you will ever need. If you are only going to use them for sitting in late cold temps they make another pair that are even warmer than the Bowman. My wife wears a woman's size 7 in all her shoes, so all we needed to do was order a size 6 in these and that makes them a woman's size 7. She says they feel better than her sneakers when walking and never wants her lace up hunting boots anymore unless it gets to warm. I agree. Enjoy.
March 10, 2014
- Comfortable especially for the toes
- Suitable for aggressive treading
- Well insulated and waterproof
back to menu ↑
- Camouflage does not look exactly right on the rubber part of the boots
Danner Men’s Pronghorn 8 Inch Hunting Boot
Just like its older siblings, Danner Men’s Pronghorn 8 Inch boot is built to achieve legendary status. Its material is made of high caliber CamoHide leather which is further enhanced by Terra Force technology. Generally, the boot is streamlined and relatively lightweight – a feat that makes it ideal for a typical hunting mission that demands care and precision. In case you are worried about your toes getting injured, these hunting boots have an all-leather toe with a wider platform for better fitting. Besides that, the boot has a heel cap for easy wear and removal.
Inside the boot is a breathable Gore-Tex liner that keeps your feet dry and odor-free throughout the mission. But that, according to the manufacturer, is not enough to keep you comfortable. They have therefore added a triple layer of cushioning for a spongy feel. The outsole doesn’t disappoint either. It retains all the performance of previous generations with rubber compounds that are optimized for rugged and muddy terrains.
One thing that makes this boot an instant darling to most hunters is that it has an athletic fit as it is based on a realistic capture of the anatomical structure of a human foot. In general, this boot fits true to your size as it is directional proportional and natural to the shape of your leg. Another plus is that this boot is adequately cushioned through open cell polyurethane footbed which besides being comfy provides chiropractic benefits to your feet.
- Made of a nice rubber sole that is shock absorbent and flexible enough to allow the wearer to aim at the prey from any posture or angle.
- Entirely made of CamoHide leather and Cordura which is further insulated with 1000 Denier nylon to make it waterproof, dense and breathable.
- Utilizes Gore-Tex membrane which enhances the flow of fresh air in and outside the boot thus keeping bacterial infections or unnecessary build up of heat at bay.
- Three-density footbed that is made to ensure easy walks. The hunting boots are also generally lightweight which means they can be worn even on a long, challenging hunting spree without any worries.
- Has an all-leather toe and heel cap which protects it against wear. Its toe box provides a wider platform and a better fit.
Leather, Cordura; Imported; Rubber sole; Hunting boot in full-grain CamoHide leather and 1000 Denier nylon featuring waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex membrane and three-density Ortholite footbed; ...
Available: In stock
I have always loved Danner's and this was my going to be my second pair of their China line. I originally purchased first pair at Cabela's after much debate on made in China boot, but i figured the price was right for a boot I was going to ware out at work, but they ended up being the best work shoe I have had, especially down here in Texas where the mud and clay is ridiculous, but the tread on these gave good traction without gaining 15#'s when its wet out. That was over two years ago, I saw these on amazon for less money and thought i would replace my worn out ones, the old ones are still decent but the seems are coming apart on the sides and are no longer water resistant. When I got them I noticed that the style had changed and also the sole is different, and now they are made in Vietnam. They did seem to re-enforece the side stitching along the outside of your toes, thats where the old ones split, but at the cost of a huge bulbous Ronald McDonald toe box, and the new sole design is stiff and clunky, I can't really put a finger on the rest just that it is a little off, just not right, not like the old style at all, who would have thought that China would have been the higher quality boot out of the major outsourced apparel producing countries. Amazon was great about the return, and UPS actually showed up the next day to pick up box. I ordered the East Ridge, they are made in America, I will see how those are, I am hoping for everything I remember and love about Danner's.
November 21, 2014
I bought these boots to wear in warm weather, in place of my Danner East Ridge boots, which are insulated (a 5-star boot for sure). I wear an 8 in the East Ridge and a 7 in the Pronghorn. The toe area in these boots is quite wide and seems proportionally a little too wide. Overall, it still works though. The leather in these boots also is not as high quality as in the East Ridge boots. The Pronghorn leather scuffs and wears quite easily and I'm going to get a toe protector for it, otherwise I think it will wear quickly. I have not used these boots in wet conditions. Overall, they are lower quality than the East Ridge and not quite as comfy, but I have worn them for several hours at a time right out of the box with no breaking in. As long as you have the correct thickness of socks, they work well. I would buy them again.
October 21, 2015
I bought a set of Danner Pronghorn unsulated boots at the start of winter and have now wore them a lot. I liked them so well that I wanted a non insulated pair for the warmer months. When I bought my first set I noticed that my normal size 12 seemed large with these boots. Since I planned on wearing thick socks with them the decision worked out well.Though I normally wear a 12 these do run slighly large so I ordered a 11 1/2 since I'd wear light socks with them. They fit perfect!
January 22, 2015
back to menu ↑
- High-quality leather boots
- Streamlined, lightweight profile
- Breathable and waterproof
- Triple layer cushioning improving your comfort
- Stable and supportive
- Plenty of traction
Rocky Men’s Bearclaw 3D LTT Hunting Boot
If you’re an enthusiastic hiker looking for the most comfortable hunting boots, a pair of these boots can be an indispensable part of your wardrobe. Rocky Men’s Bearclaw 3D LTT Hunting Boot is economical with a lot of relaxing features that you are likely to find only in very expensive boots. They are pretty well-designed and made to be extremely durable and strong which makes it long lasting. Therefore, whether you’re planning to go on a serious wilderness expedition or simply a walk around town, investing in theses hunting boots is a great idea as they will provide you the best grip whether you happen to be on an uneven surface of dense forest or on a very sloppy surface.
- Made with top quality full grain leather hence these boots provide the most protection due to its durability and strength.
- Features lace-to-toe pattern and the laces of the boot boats eyelets, hooks and D-rings thereby allowing you to control and even adjust them according to your needs.
- Equipped with a layer of breathable GORE-TEX fabric membrane that makes these hunting boots waterproof thereby keeping your feet dry. It also reduces bad odor by allowing sweat smell to escape.
- Built with 200g of Thinsulate to help keep your feet warm especially during cold seasons.
- Rubber sole featuring Bearclaw 3D outsole to provide strong gripping and traction especially on slippery grounds.
- Made with genuine Goodyear-welt construction along with a storm welt for durability and PU Cushioned Air-Port footbed that is perforated to enable maximum air circulation and reduce stiffness while walking.
Leather; Imported; Rubber sole; Lace-up hikinig boot in full-grain leather featuring bearclaw 3D outsole
Available: In stock
I just came back from working in 12 degree weather for 12 hours and my feet are warm and dry! I walk on rocks at work and these soles are lasting after 8 months as good as , if not better than the Vibram soles everyone at work brags about. these boots don't leak when working in the rain and I tested them in stand water 3" high, no leaks. some may get a bad pair that don't seal, but with amazons return policy, who cares....
February 21, 2015
I've owned over 15 pairs of these boots. I know that sounds like a lot. A pair of these last about 1500 miles. Work in the ag service industry as a mechanic and welder by day and train hunting dogs by night. I expose them to the harshest elements daily from oil, to cow manure, to hours of water, to fertilizer. I cover all types of terrain like rocks, asphalt, concrete, timber, equipment ladders, welding shop floors, ect. They are just plain tough. My only problem, which is not the boots fault, is I burn the strings often. They are comfortable all day of a 15 hour day.
August 7, 2015
I am writing this review and giving it four stars only because the description on Amazon really was tough to figure out that they had 200 grams of Thinsulate. The boot does have 200 grams. I wish it was more at the 400 or 600 gram range but then you run into problems with a boot becoming more stiff and heavier. The the boot itself is really a joy to wear. Actually I'm looking for excuses to put them on and go outside because they are so comfortable and fit me perfectly. I have received a number of boots through the mail and these I actually tried to order in a size 12 EE. They were little bit tighter than I wanted so Amazon quickly took them back and gave me the 13 EE which fit me great. It gives me a little bit extra room for insulated socks. The leather is so soft and comfortable that you forget that they are on. This is what I expect in a boot. No break-in needed. The lasing is quick and snug and as you release the quick lace holders, the boot easily slips on and off your feet without having to pull or tug at all. I am very much impressed with these boots and would rate them higher than 4 stars except for the fact that you really can't find out in the description how much thinsulate that they actually have and the exchange I had to make for fit. I think 200 grams will be okay if I use some insulated socks this winter but the nice thing is I don't have to use it in the summer and can still wear the boots so perhaps that's a plus. Overall very satisfied with these boots and I would recommend them highly.
October 7, 2015
- Provides the best level of comfort no matter where you decide to wear them
- Made with the finest quality materials which makes them extremely durable
- Gives protection against water and excess sweat
back to menu ↑
- They are not the best hunting boots if you are going to use them for a prolonged time outdoors where temperatures are likely to fall below zero degrees Celsius
Northside Men’s Renegade 800 Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boot
Looking for high-quality hunting boots with all the great features you need? Look no further than this Northside Men’s Renegade 800 Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boot. Built with superior quality to protect your feet from hot summers, chilly winters, sharp-pointed materials and water, this hunting boot is great for those who wants a rock-rough, tough boots that can hold up very well in every condition.
It looks very stylish and classy and offers the flattering look to complement your entire look. It also comes at a reasonable price while offering great service that higher-end brands offer at very high prices. In addition, it boasts some jaw-drop features including easy tie-up and draw lacing, toe-guards, and great traction soles. With that said, here are other appealing features of this great hunting boot by Northside.
- Built with a mixture of synthetic and leather material, therefore, these hunting boots provide better ventilation as well as comfort and are very durable and strong.
- 800 g of insulation that protects the feet from sweating by wicking away moisture. This provides a comfortable walk for long hours especially during hot summers or very cold winters.
- Wrapped-up with seam-sealed waterproof and breathable membrane to allow your feet to breathe together with a topical spray to get rid of bad odors.
- The 7.5-inch shaft from the arch and a 1.75-inch heel that offers great stabilization to the feet.
- The upper part of these hunting boots is made of rugged distressed leather along with printed nylon that gives this boot a height of 9.5-inches.
Leather; Imported; Synthetic sole; Shaft measures approximately 7.5" from arch; Heel measures approximately 1.75"; 9.5 inch rugged distressed leather upper with printed nylon upper; Seam sealed ...
Available: In stock
These boots are awful. Upon arrival they seemed good quality, but wow was I wrong. The leather started cracking the first time out, the soles, bottom rubber came undone, and things were ripping apart after just 3 weekends out hunting I'd find better quality boots at payless... Very unhappy. Do not buy!**UPDATE***I contacted Northside about this and their excellent customer service was able to ship me a replacement pair of boots and an extra pair of boots for the inconvience this has caused me. The company has A++++ Customer Service and they seem to really care. The new boots I have received have held up the last few weeks. Perhaps just a manufacturing mess up.
November 17, 2015
So I ordered these boots a while ago, they were on a really good sale and had to pick them up. I since have used them for a trip to Wyoming for antelope hunting and bowhunting for whitetail in Wisconsin. They survived the bogs and 10 miles a day in Wyoming and also the cold mornings bowhunting in Wisconsin. I cannot say enough about this boot, I would gladly buy another pair at todays price. They are completely waterproof, warm, and fit very well. I also grabbed a pair of drymax socks and cannot say enough about those either. The combination of the two makes them perfect for any kind of hunt.
November 9, 2014
I had high expectation of these boots considering they were #12 best selling men's shoes. I mainly wanted insulated boots that looked good.These were NOT waterproof. I tested them by filling the bath tub with 2-3 inches of water and standing in these boots - within 20-30 seconds both the boots let the water in. I am not sure if I got defective boots OR they are supposed to be only waterproof in light rain / light snow kind of situations.I did the same test with my Timberland Gore-Tex hiking boots and they didn't let any water in - no matter how long I waited.Also these boots are quite ugly - they are too wide for some reason.I am going to return mine.
January 14, 2016
- Lightweight hence a person can walk in them for long hours without getting tired
- Boasts long-lasting insulation effect
- Provides great stability and comfort
back to menu ↑
- The leather may crack if the boots are not used correctly
Under Armour Men’s UA Haw’madillo Boots
Made of synthetic material to provide better ventilation and great comfort, Under Armour Men’s UA Haw’madillo Boots are made to be strong and resistant to changes in temperature. Measuring 16 inches tall, the boots offer great overall protection by preventing water and other debris from getting into your boots. They also reduce scratches on your legs caused by branches or twigs. Additionally, these hunting boots feature moisture-wicking lining inside the boot to keep your feet dry by wicking away the moisture from your feet during those hot summers and for greater comfort.
- Boasts molded EVA mid-sole that provides shock absorption and lightweight cushioning so even after walking for several hours your leg would not feel very stressed out.
- Made of waterproof, full clad rubber on the upper that is very durable and light. Therefore, if you’re going hunting or hiking near swampy or muddy areas, your feet are definitely not going to get wet.
- Equipped with a molded Ortholite sock-line that is incorporated with a PU base a memory-foam top for extra exceptional foot support and comfort.
- Features reinforced rubber overlays to protect and cushion your feet from the outer environment by providing them the best comfort and required temperature.
- Aggressive traction outsole that features high abrasion rubber which is engineered to provide strong and firm gripping even on snow/icy grounds while at the same time keeping mud and debris off these hunting boots.
- Boasts heavy duty webbing back pull for added comfort.
Synthetic; Waterproof, full clad rubber upper is light
Available: In stock
I'm tired of reading ignorant reviews from hunters that have no knowledge about hunting. 1. The smell from new rubber boots out of the box do not trigger a deer alert sense. Human body oder does. 2. The UA logo on the boot will not alert a deer. They do not see like us. Most camo on the market today looks good to us but deer see it as a blob and pick up movement. Dont stress over little thing s we sense and think more like a big buck.
November 29, 2014
These boots are everything they say they are and then some. Lightweight easy on and off and a joy when walking on long scouting trips in the Louisiana swamps.Keep my feet dry and its almost as comfortable as wearing tennis shoes.08/18/2015***Review UPDATE*** I bought these boots few weeks before bow season in October. They were great. By mid Dec they were leaking live a sieve. Now here we are in August and they are cracking EVERYWHERE!! I would understand if I left these in the bed of my truck but im a fanatical about scent control while hunting so they get stored in a rubbermaid container in my spare bed room between hunts. I would expect these boots from UA to be a better quality.
October 18, 2014
First, let me say that I LOVE Under Armour hunting gear. I have thousands of dollars worth of gear from UA and it is the best hunting gear I own. It's innovative, fits great, light weight, and well made. The Haw'madillo boots caught my attention because I wanted a light weight, warm weather, waterproof boot for early bow season and turkey hunts. The price was a little steep for a non insulated boot, but isn't all UA stuff a bit pricey? In most cases it's worth the money (in my opinion). They shipped quick and I received ahead of schedule. However, when I put them on I was very disappointed. When I would walk around, my left boot would make a sound like air was being pushed out. No sound on the right foot at all so I knew it had to be a seam somewhere. Upon close inspection, I found that the seam on the toe was separating. The sole was actually starting to come off the boot right out of the box. I put the boot in water and sure enough, bubbles when pressure was applied. Upon even closer inspection, I noticed that several of the other seams were coming apart as well. They were also crooked and lined up very poorly. Not the type of quality you expect form this brand OR a $130 boot. Could I fix it? Sure. I could glue the seams and make them what they are supposed to be right out of the box. I might have done that had they been $50 boots on clearance, but not for UA full price $$$$ boots... VERY disappointed in this product. In theory, it was exactly what I was looking for in a boot (minus the quality issues). Even though I do not have to incur shipping for the return, it was still a waste of time and I will have go another weekend without the right pair of boots. My advice is to stay away.
September 17, 2015
- Offers excellent value and durability
- Keeps your feet cool by wicking away all the moisture
- Lightweight hence provides a comfortable walk for long hours
back to menu ↑
- Size may be an issue especially if you’re going to wear them with heavy socks. Therefore, it is advisable to order a size slightly bigger than your original size to be on the safe side
Kenetrek Men’s Mountain Extreme Ni Hunting Boot
Kenetrek Men’s Mountain Extreme is definitely one level above the rest. But how much better is this boot compared to the rest of the hunting boots in this review to justify the amount of price paid? First, this 10-inch boot is made of leather making it very strong and durable and boasts a rubber sole that provides great stability and strong gripping. Needless to say, these hunting boots are fully waterproof to keep your feet dry all the time. It also runs very true to size but depending on your choice in socks, you may want to choose to go up a half size from your street shoe just to allow for a little extra toe room.
- Boasts 2.8-mm premium full-grain leather uppers that utilize a one-piece vamp construction with no seams at all down the tongue. This makes the boot more waterproof while giving it extra protection against rock abrasion.
- Light-weight construction combined with high traction K-Talon outsoles that give the boot extra grip in dry, snow or muddy grounds.
- Breathable and waterproof flexible Wind-Tex membranes with great elasticity making them long lasting while keeping your feet dry and comfortable in warmer temperatures.
- Heavy duty 7-mm nylon midsoles that offer added support especially in uneven terrain with heavy loads.
- These hunting boots are reinforced with rubber sole guard that provides additional abrasion resistance.
Leather; Rubber sole; 2.8 mm thick premium full grain leather uppers utilizing a one piece vamp with no seams down the tongue for better abrasion resistance and waterproofing; 7mm nylon midsoles ...
Available: In stock
In the past, I have always worn a different brand due to their price point. Recently I needed new hunting boots and purchased my same brand but the quality is just not the same. I figured I would try and give them a chance, but after a couple of weeks I returned them. Then I decided I should just take that leap of going to a higher end boot....the Kenetreks.I was very apprehensive to purchase a boot like the Kenetrek due to the price range. However, I tried on a pair and was thrilled at how comfortable, supportive, and well-made they are.Kenetreks are the real deal when it comes to a solid boot - heres why...Once I put them on, laced them up, I noticed the tongue did not cram up or bunch up under the lacing. The tongue just folded up neatly all the way up along my ankle and shins. I never felt any of the eyelets digging into my skin or shins. During the lacing up, I noticed that I did not have to mess with putting the tongue in place, folding it, or aligning it up as I laced the boot.The arch support, at first, seems just a tad high. The support around the sides of feet were snug. My foot basically felt as if it was glued to the sole and would not at all slide around, such as my other lower-quality boots that I returned. I still have wiggle room for my toes. I am wearing a light wool sock and at first, they are a little too snug, but immediately as I start walking around in them it's like the boot loosens up just perfect to where my feet are perfect. I noticed now, that the arch support is just fine. Its probably because my other boots arch supports are worn out.Read more ›
August 27, 2014
I purchased these boots because of the general hype they receive and the amount of good reviews I'd read on them. I'm not the type of person that spends that much money on footwear, but given everyone raved about them, I thought I'd give them a try. For three years I tried very hard to like these boots because I paid so much for them, but my feet just continued to hate them. The main problem I had with them was that they were wearing my heels raw after about 30-minutes worth of wear on any type of incline. I don't know what it is about the design, but my feet would blister up after an hour or two if I didn't tape up my heels, and if I was going to be hiking for more than an hour or two, I'd have to stop and replace the tape as it would migrate off of my heel and the boots would again start to rub. Kenetrek must also assume that most people are going to put their own insoles in the boot because the insoles they come with are little more effective than a sturdy piece of cardboard. I'm amazed that a boot in this price range has such a poor insole. One person who reviewed these boots said they feel like strapping a 2x4 to your foot, and I tend to agree with that description as the sole of the boot is very stiff (as it needs to be for a boot that is meant to provide solid support), but over time not having much shock absorption begins to make your feet sore.On a couple of positive notes, the boots are extremely tough. I had them for three years, and I probably could have gotten another 3-5 years out of them.Read more ›
September 26, 2015
I wear a 10.5 sneaker, and these boots are a spot on match for that type of sizing. I called Kenetrek and they recommended going up a half size so that if wearing a heavy pack and going downhill your toes won't scrunch to the front. I bought the 11 regulars and probably could have gotten away with a 10.5 regular....So far I have worn the boots on a six mile relatively flat hike, and a mile up hill / mile down hill hike in hot and humid weather. Both jaunts I had a pack on with ~ 65lbs of sandbags in it. One of the tab things that come with the boots says not to wear them on any up hill excursions in the first fifty miles as it takes that time to break them in, and you may get blisters on your heels. I found that this is very true when I did my second hike going up / down hill in the woods. I knew this and went for it anyway with results as they said they would be.Overall I really, really love these things. Best pair of hiking boots every owned by far. The comfort level is really truly out of this world. My feet don't get tired and it's like driving a monster truck on a paved road - you just don't really notice the rocks or bumps on the trail.
September 5, 2014
- Provides great warmth
- Comfortable to wear
- Can be used in different occasions regardless of the conditions
- A bit pricey but worth every penny
Benefits of Hunting Boots
The type of shoes you choose to wear for hunting or hiking is mainly a matter of personal choice. However, a pair of good hunting boots can actually make a whole lot of difference in your hunting experience. Why? Here are the benefits of having a pair of boots for hunting in your wardrobe.
- They offer great support and have stiffer midsoles to handle rugged terrain.
- They are waterproof thereby allowing you to walk through mud or streams without your feet getting wet.
- Maximizes protection from terrain and in falls as they don’t leave ankles exposed to poison oak, thorns and rocks.
- Offers good traction over slippery grounds.
- They are reasonably lightweight and comfortable allowing you to wear them for long hours without hurting your feet.
- Provide excellent ventilation thereby ensuring your feet don’t sweat or produce some bad odors.
- Most can be put into various uses including for farming, fishing, and even camping.
Competition — Which One Is the Best among Reviewed and Why?
Looking at these 10 best hunting boots, we can say that Danner Men’s Pronghorn 8 Inch Hunting Boot is the best of them and for good and unique reasons. Insulated with 1000 Denier nylon to keep the boot warmer and waterproof, there is no doubt this is a great boot to wear even during the coldest days. It also boasts Gore-Tex membrane for better air circulation and three density footbed for easy walks. It is also made using high-quality CamoHide leather and enhanced by Terra Force technology hence very strong and durable.