They say, the best way to keep fit and maintain good body health is exercising. So far, exercising has been a challenge to most people. This is because they find it hard to create time to visit the gym.
But this will not be a challenge for you if you decide to get the best home gym equipment and start your home gym.
You can be exercising efficiently and effectively just from the comfort of your home.
Here are some of the top 10 best home gym equipment you can go for.
Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym
- An unmatchable resistance ranges from 5 pounds to 210 pounds.
- It supports over 50 strength exercises for different body muscles.
- This equipment is only focused on strength exercises leaving other exercises neglected.
Total Gym XLS – Universal Home Gym for Total Body Workout
This is one of the top class and best home gym equipment you can have in your home. With Total Gym XLS – Universal Home Gym for Total Body Workout, you can be able to do most of the basic and technical exercises comfortably. This is one machine that gives you a chance to do full body workout. Add best tasting protein powder to speed up your progress.
- Comes with a workout DVD which you can use to exercise professionally just from your home. It also has a diet and exercise guide.
- It can be used by almost every member of your family. This machine caters well for people between ages 8 and 80.
- As one of the best home gym equipment, the 6-month warranty on its parts is very limited.
Bayou Fitness Total Trainer 4000-XL Home Gym
Do you want to tone, strengthen and take your flexibility to the next level? Then Bayou Fitness Total Trainer 4000-XL Home Gym is the best home gym equipment. It comes fully assembled so you start training on it as soon it gets to your home.
- This amazing equipment eliminates free weights by utilizing your body weight during training. You can also adjust the amount of body weight lifted from 4% to 69%.
- It saves you time and space as it comes fully assembled and it is also foldable.
- It has oversized castors which can pose a challenge for any best home gym equipment.
Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S Home Gym
- This best home gym equipment is made of heavy duty steel and reinforced with a tough finish which makes it very durable. On top of that, it has a lifetime warranty on all its parts.
- Requires no cable changes, therefore it’s easy to use.
- The 210 lb maximum weight might not serve the professional weight lifters and seasoned trainers very well. Some may find it light.
Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings
Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings is one of the best gym equipment you can get for yourself. It is for your home and even better it is good for your body’s extensive exercising.
- This equipment has easily adjustable bar catches and reinforced safety stoppers to make sure you are comfortable while exercising.
- It also has a premium design base that enhances its stability making it fit for seated row exercises.
- This equipment has a 2 years warranty which may be too minimal compared to other products around.
- It does not come with its own weights.
- Recumbent Bike Reviews – Your Ultimate Guide
- Nordic Track Treadmill Reviews — Now You Will Know Them All
- Maxi Climber Review 2018 — Achieve Your Fitness Goals
Powerline BSG10X Home Gym, Short Assembly, 160-Pound Weight Stack
This is exercising equipment that is designed for muscle building exercises. Powerline BSG10X Home Gym, Short Assembly, 160-Pound Weight Stack has one of the best home gym equipment designs.
- It is easy to assemble with just 9 bolts to fasten before use.
- This equipment promotes ultimate body positioning for maximum strength output during exercises.
- It has military graded cables which ensure durability.
- It has a limited warranty of 10 years. Compared to other equipment with a lifetime of warranty, it still lags behind.
Bowflex Blaze Home Gym
This home gym equipment offers you a variety of exercising options like no other. Also has a leg attachment slot, which is good for any best home gym equipment.
- It has a large variety of exercising options adding up to 60. These options are focused on different muscle groups.
- This equipment has an upgradable Power Rod technology from to 210 pounds to either 310 pounds or 410 pounds.
- This equipment is majorly focused on exercising muscles and neglecting other aspects like body fitness.
Total Gym 1400 Deluxe Home Fitness Exercise Machine Equipment with Workout DVD
Total Gym 1400 Deluxe Home Fitness Exercise Machine Equipment with Workout DVD is the most versatile of all the best home gym equipment here. You can fully work out your body just under 20 minutes. It is good for morning exercises.
- It comes with an exercising DVD, exercise flip chart, and a dieting nutrition guide. This makes it easier for you to professionally train yourself.
- It saves on time. As one of the best home gym equipment, you can just train your body under 20 minutes.
- This equipment’s multifunction attachments might be difficult for one to use.
Thane Total Flex Home Gym
Thane Total Flex Home Gym is ready to use home exercising equipment. It has been featured severally on the Maximum Fitness and the Muscle magazines.
- It is easily foldable and convenient to move from place to place as it gets as small as a suitcase.
- It comfortably serves all types of exercises from beginners to professionals. It is also among the best home gym equipment as it is very safe to use.
- This equipment workout DVD is only limited to four sets of exercising which might be pretty boring after some time.
Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym
- This equipment set includes a rowing machine rail which is a rare future.
- It supports a variety of exercises – 30 as it includes a lat pull down and a horizontal bench press.
- This equipment has a resistance ranging from 5 pounds to 210 pounds which is pretty cool.
- Though this is one of the best home gym equipment, it has a limited number of exercises. 30 workouts are too minimal.
What to Look for When Choosing a Home Gym
There is quite a number of facts that you should put into consideration as you look for the best home gym equipment. We all have our lifestyle; these facts will help you get the equipment that perfectly fits into yours.
But even before you get to the facts, you should take note of the following:
- You may have the best home gym equipment at your disposal, but what matters is how regularly you use it. If you want to get the best out of your equipment, then you should use it regularly.
- It is very important that you properly use your equipment. This will help you avoid any injuries that may be caused by the equipment. Make sure you follow all the guidelines provided by the manufacturer. If you are not careful enough, you may end up loosing your exercising privileges forever due to injury.
|Product Name||Image||Weight Stack||Overall Rating||Details|
|Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym||210 lbs (up to 310 lbs)||10||Check price|
|Total Gym XLS – Universal Home Gym for Total Body Workout||N/a||9||Check price|
|Bayou Fitness Total Trainer 4000-XL Home Gym||N/a||7.5||Check price|
|Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S Home Gym||210 lbs||9.5||Check price|
|Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings||N/a||9||Check price|
|Powerline BSG10X Home Gym||160 lbs||8.5||Check price|
|Bowflex Blaze Home Gym||210 lbs||9.5||Check price|
|Total Gym 1400 Deluxe Home Fitness Exercise Machine Equipment||N/a||9||Check price|
|Thane Total Flex Home Gym||N/a||8||Check price|
|Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym||210 lbs||8.5||Check price|
Now here is what to consider:
- Your equipment floor space
It is possible that the house you live in doesn’t have space reserved for a gym. Therefore, you will have to create space for the equipment that you buy. You probably have a lot of options on which equipment to buy. Considering the available space in your house, you should buy an exercising equipment that fits in your house. The best home gym equipment for you will be that fits in comfortably and leaves enough space for the rest of the house.
As you consider space in your house, you should not only focus on the machine but also your work out space. Your gym equipment may have space but you don’t have enough space to work out. This means that you won’t comfortably use your equipment. Therefore, you should place your training equipment in rooms with a lot of floor space, like the basement.
- Determine your exercise goals
The choice of what’s the best home gym equipment for you purely depends on your exercise goals. That is, what you want to exercise and what you want to achieve. There are different types of exercises including cardiovascular exercises, strength exercises, and fitness exercises.
If you are looking forward to doing cardiovascular exercises then it is automatic that cardiovascular equipment will be good for you. This equipment might be a treadmill. If you are looking to do strength exercises then the best home gym equipment will be the one that focuses on weights. The same applies for fitness equipment.
- What are benefits for other people
It is definite that you are not going to use the gym equipment the whole day. Therefore, the best home gym equipment for you is that can also be used by other people. Gym equipment is quite costly, it will be very clever if you buy the equipment that you can put to full use. That is one that other people in your home can also train on.
In case you have children in your house, it will be very wise to keep them away from the exercising equipment. This will keep them safe from injury. If they must exercise, they should do so under an adult supervision. Under no circumstances should children be allowed to take on strenuous exercises like weight lifting. Most of the best home gym equipment have safe locks against child use.
- Come up with a budget
Looking at the list of the best home gym equipment, you will establish that some of them are very expensive while others are affordable. Therefore, you should come up with a budget of how much you are planning to spend on buying yourself the equipment. You should also consider other costs that may come along like maintenance cost and the cost of buying other supplementary equipment.
You can come up with a list of all the home gym equipment that fall alongside your budget. You can go ahead and pick the best of them. It is unwise to buy a very expensive equipment that you won’t be able to maintain.
- Consider hiring before purchasing
It is said that experience is the best teacher. This is very true even when it comes to purchasing the best home gym equipment. If you settle to purchasing a particular home gym equipment, it will be wise to put it to test first before putting all your cash to it.
Hiring this equipment will give you a chance to familiarize with it. You can be able to discover the weaknesses and the strengths of the equipment. If you don’t like how it works you will have a perfect chance to settle for another equipment. If you like the equipment you can go ahead and purchase it. The advantage will be that you will purchase it at a very cheap price.
The best home gym equipment is very expensive. Therefore, buying one may actually be an investment for you. Repairing the equipment might also be as nearly expensive as buying it. This dictates that you should buy a durable gym equipment. That is an equipment that you can comfortably use without worrying that it may break or get spoilt.
This is the reason why the duration of the warranty offered on your equipment is very important. Try as much as possible to avoid equipment with short warranties. You can definitely go for those home gym equipment that offers a lifetime of warranty. These are the best home gym pieces of equipment.
- What the equipment offers
To establish this, you should simply ask yourself, “What can I do with this equipment?”. The best home gym equipment always has a number of exercises that you can do with them. You should go for the equipment that offers you the widest variety of exercises.
For the case of strength exercises equipment, it is very important that you choose one with the widest range of resistance. This is because it will give you the best exercising chance. It will also give you a chance to grow ad you keep exercising.
Now that you know how to choose a good home gym equipment. You can go ahead and purchase one that suits from the earlier reviews.
All of the earlier reviewed pieces of equipment are unique. Each of this equipment is unique in its own way. After a close examination of each of the pieces of equipment, you may realize that they are just supplements and compliments of each other. This may make it very hard to establish which among them is the best.
Despite this, it is still very possible to narrow down on the equipment with the most appealing features and abilities (if you know what you want). This is what you should consider establishing which the best of this equipment is.
- Range of exercises
Looking at the reviewed equipment, the one with the highest number of exercises is very clear. The best equipment in this category has 50 different exercises and the runners-up have 30. It is, therefore, automatic that the equipment with the highest number of exercises is the best. This is because you can be able to exercise your body extensively with it.
- Range of resistance
The range of a resistance of equipment influences a lot of this. To begin with, it influences the age and the ability of the people who can use it. It also influences the number of exercises that you can do with it.
The best range from the above-reviewed list is from 5 pounds to 210 pounds. There are only two pieces of equipment that fall in this range. They are the best home gym equipment in this category.
- Additional features
What additional features does each of the features home gym equipment have? The best of them will have the highest number of additional features. On top of that, it should have the most functional additional features. These are the special features the make your equipment unique.
Considering these facts, Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym is the best home gym equipment. This equipment is uniquely designed to fit into the house. It has a special lat pull down and a vertical bench press that enables you to do some extra exercises. The functionality of this equip is just super amazing.
Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym is superbly designed and pimped. It has upholstered cushions around the leg curl and leg extensions. The upholstery cushions extend to the ankle cuff grip's triple function.
I strongly urge you to go for this home gym equipment as it is one if the best available. Be you a professional athlete or just someone who loves exercising, this is one equipment that will change your life. This equipment faces stiff competition from the Bowflex Blaze Home Gym equipment. This is the only equipment that beats the Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym's 50 exercises record with ten more.