Some of the world’s best instant camera models are not only rich with features but also built to operate intelligently. As such, if you are enthusiastic about preserving those precious moments of your life, laying your hands on any one of these can significantly make things better for you.
Finding the right camera is however not a simple task given the fact that the market is flooded with brands from different corners of the world. Our job here is to help you make the right purchase decision when shopping for the best instant camera.
Get acquainted with the following 10 best instant camera reviews for an idea on which model stands to give you the best value for money.
Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera
This is one of the most entertaining point-and-shoot cameras on the market. It is designed for those who want to laugh, smile and connect with people around them. With a MicroSD card slot that holds up to 32GB, 10 Megapixel sensor that takes great photos and ultra-minimalist design, the Polaroid Snap Instant Digital is definitely the best instant camera to invest in.
- Has a built-in printer that uses ZINK technology to heat up the paper with built-in ink with the heat determining what colors are activated.
- Produces full-color 2×3 inches images and the prints are completed in under 60 seconds and you can touch them right away without worrying about smudging.
- Has a striking minimalist design that is reminiscent of all classic Polaroid instant cameras and a pop-up viewfinder that help you frame the shot and turn the camera on.
- Includes color modes: color, black and white and vintage as well as an adhesive back that allows easy posting on social media platforms.
- Pocket friendly
- Automatically saves the digitals shots to the card for easy uploading
- You can shoot new pictures while at the same time printing
- Six picture modes and battery low indicator
- Self-timer and produces brighter, sharper images
- Lacks a paper indicator
Review:Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera!
Yotube Video Review: Review:Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera!
Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera
The Instax Mini 8 is one of the most popular cameras in the world and is part of the epic line of best instant film cameras from Fujifilm. It is also a perennial best seller for both enthusiast and casual shutterbugs although it is several years old.
In addition, this great camera offers new features and enhancements which is the reason it is the best instant camera.
- Features automatic exposure — This means the camera usually highlights the recommended aperture setting it thinks you should use via the LED light on the lens barrel so you’re able to capture the best photo all the time.
- Includes a new high-key mode that enables one to take brighter pictures with a soft look every time.
- Has a slimmer and lighter body hence it can fit comfortably into a backpack or large coat pocket and is easy to carry around.
- Powered by a pair of AA batteries included that serve to drive the motor for ejecting prints and charging the flash.
- Has a new improved viewfinder that offers better clarity and visibility
- Affordable and well-built
- Images last many years
- Attractive design and easy to load film
- There is a limit to how much exposure you can actually control
FujiFilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Polaroid Camera Review
Yotube Video Review: FujiFilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Polaroid Camera Review
Polaroid Z2300 10MP Digital Instant Print Camera
This is a perfectly competent and well-built Polaroid best instant camera that does exactly what it needs to. What makes it the best instant camera is its host of fun, easy to use features with the ability to easily upload images to any social media platform.
Although a bit pricey compared to other instant cameras in this review, the Polaroid Z2300 10MP Digital Instant Print Camera is worth every penny as it boasts many great features.
- An integrated printer that features ZINK (Zero ink) printing technology which allows users to instantly capture, edit and print 2×3 inches (51 x76 mm) full-color photos in less than a minute.
- Features 10-megapixel sensor and a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- 3-inch bright color LCD screen on the back for viewing images.
- Boasts integrated speaker and microphone, a mini-USB port for uploading photos to a computer and up to 32GB of expandable memory (SD).
- User-friendly memory and easy to use
- Has built-in editing, framing graphics and color hue options
- Allows you to make multiple prints of one picture
- Takes fairly good quality pictures
- Though the best instant camera, it’s a bit heavy and bulky
Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S Camera
Captures your best moments and enjoy them immediately with this simple looking and best instant camera, the Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S. It is fun, easy to use and well-designed to fit your hand and its design gives a modern elegance and simplicity to an ”old-fashioned’ concept.
The camera features four different exposure settings including Indoor/Dark, Fine, Cloudy/Shady and Clear so the user is able to adjust these according to the lighting around them.
- Boasts a simple manual exposure compensation system that works pretty well and plastic feel.
- Comes with high-quality Fujinon lens — to turn the camera on you will need to pull the lens out and to turn it off, push the lens back in.
- Features a viewfinder above the shutter release and an auto flash in low light that auto adjusts easily no matter what.
- Powered by a quartet of space hungry AA-size battery housed in the handgrip.
- Takes nice and clear pictures
- Quite affordable
- Compact camera
- Loading film is easy
- Film is not included hence you have to buy
Fujifilm Instax 210 Instant Wide Photo Camera
If you are looking for the best instant camera with wide-format on the market capable of producing high-quality prints, then you should consider the Fujifilm Instax 210. The camera comes with two AA batteries, a shoulder strap, and a pop on a lens to help focus for close-up images making it the best instant camera.
In addition, the side features the power button and fingertip controllable composite control panel.
- Includes LCD control display that shows focal distance and film count and an automatic flash for low light shooting.
- High resolution retracting lens and the programmed electronic shutter that auto-adjusts between 1/64 seconds to 1/200 seconds.
- Boats 2-range selectable shooting options which include between 0.9 to 3m and 3m to infinity.
- Wide clear viewfinder that adds up to the unsurpassed performance of this camera and prints images of 4.25 inches by 3.4 inches.
- Produces decent image size
- Super easy to use
- Allows you to shoot macro shots
- Produces photos that are so vibrant and clear
- The camera is really big
Fujifilm Instax 210 Unboxing + Close Ups!
Yotube Video Review: Fujifilm Instax 210 Unboxing + Close Ups!
Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Instant Film Camera
Instax Mini 90 is one of those best instant camera models that promise to give enthusiasts a higher degree of control over their photos. It offers more settings and features such as bulb mode and multiple exposures.
In addition, it features a retro-inspired design with clear nods to its other siblings from Fujifilm’s line of X-series cameras e.g. the X100S. Mini 90 fits both with the classier X-series and the traditional series. And although it is mainly made of plastic, it is well-built and brilliantly textured to achieve a great feel to the touch.
- Utilizes double exposure mode to produce 2 images on one film sheet when one presses the shutter twice.
- Touted as one of the best camera models, mini 90 detects surrounding brightness and adjusts shutter speed and amount of light to enhance photo quality.
- This camera can even photograph a light trail all thanks to its bulb mode that keeps the shutter open for a maximum of 10 seconds when the shutter button is pressed.
- For those who have kids and love photography, this best instant camera has a Kids Mode which operates on a fast shutter speed to capture wonderful images.
- Wonderful design
- Fairly sensitive to light
- Produces great-looking, natural photos
- Excellent automatic exposure (with or without flash)
- Small viewfinder
The BEST instax Camera yet! - mini 90
Yotube Video Review: The BEST instax Camera yet! - mini 90
Polaroid PIC-300 Instant Film Camera
PIC-300 is one the best instant camera units to have come out of Polaroid doors. Its viewfinder is wide enough and can be used to line up shots. The flash on the front goes off with every photo take hence saving the battery and enhancing the quality of the photo captured. Unlike some other cameras, this one only has one button – and that is the black button, which sits on the front.
- Utilizes 4 scene settings that if used properly can capture a near-perfect shot in any light conditions (very sunny, sunny, cloudy and indoors).
- It measures 5 x 5 x 2.5 inches meaning it is slightly larger than most digital cameras although it is slightly heavier as well at 1.5 lbs when loaded with film and batteries.
- It has a small window at the back displaying the number of shots you have left before you need to replace the film pack.
- Durable, slightly hefty but solidly built which makes it suitable even for teenagers and kids.
- Cheap and reliable
- Easy to use and straightforward
- Ability to develop photos in a few minutes
- Replacement film is an added cost one has to contend with when using this camera
Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 Instant Film Camera
Just like with some of the best instant camera choices from Fujifilm, Wide 300 is fully plastic. But that is not an issue since this is not meant to be professional photography equipment and it doesn’t really need super-tight tolerances. Still, Wide 300 is heavy-duty than most instant cameras you’ll come across out there.
For one thing, it is big and wider. It provides a chunky grip and knurled rubber focus zone ring enabling great pictures to be taken under minimum strain. Typically, the best instant camera from Fujifilm, Wide 300 takes crisp clear shots and develops them in a minute or two.
- Has a small LCD window around its back that indicates the number of shots remaining per film thus making it easier to plan.
- Has a flash button and a brightness control toggle – there is even a plastic thumb rest to make the experience better for the photographer.
- Wide 300 has a plastic universal pod socket on the bottom. This is recommended for group photos.
- Offers a 95mm which can focus down to 40cm with the included close-up lens adapter which is about the range needed for a shot filling selfie.
- Excellent brightness control
- Lens barrel has markings which indicate the focus zone you’re using
- Wonderfully flexible
- Wide 300’s flash cannot be turned off for bright-light shooting
Fujifilm Instax Wide 300
Yotube Video Review: Fujifilm Instax Wide 300
Polaroid One 600 Ultra Instant Film Camera
Ultra Instant CameraOne 600 is one of the last 600-series types of cameras from Polaroid. But it’s scarcity on the market notwithstanding, it stands out for its great quality and sophisticated list of features. It has a slightly recessed flash which complements the fact that the camera provides no control over the turning on or off of the flash.
Another unique collection of features is a red-eye option and a touch-enabled LCD screen which give the user more control over the quality of photos taken.
- Designed in line with Spectra/Image lines with an enhanced fold-up appearance which effectively safeguards the lens from being scratched.
- It has a good strap which is made up of stretchy fabric that comfortably fits any size hand along with a rubber grip which holds it in place.
- The lens can focus for up to 1.5 feet away on its own, it has a digital LCD counter screen with a feature setting display.
- Great handling and safety features
- Quirk-free shooting
- Better control of final image through added features like red eye option
- No control over turning flashing on and off is provided
Fujifilm Instax Mini 70 – Best Instant Camera
The Mini 70 is centered around having fun and the promise of the print at the end of the photo op. It is built a lot more like its Instax siblings but with more emphasis on simplicity. One of the most outstanding features that will instantly capture your attention is a big lens that peeks out once the camera is activated.
There’s also a mirror on the side for an easy taking of selfies.
- Electronically controlled 10-second delay self-timer that allows for 2 continuous photo self-timer mode which can be adjusted mid-run.
- Has a monochrome LCD display with a clear exposure counter indicating the number of films remaining, shooting mode (ranging from Auto, Hi-Key, Fill-in Flash, Landscape, Macro and Selfie modes).
- Provides automatic, interlocking range for ISO 800 film with an exposure compensation of +/-2/3 EV.
- Has a programmed electronic shutter release with a speed of 1/2 to 1/400 sec.
- Small and fun to use
- Has a selfie mode
- Incredible flash and light-bending ability
- It is entirely made of plastic which makes it vulnerable to high-impact e.g. from a fall
Fuji Instax Mini 70 Review
Yotube Video Review: Fuji Instax Mini 70 Review
|Product Name||Image||Power||Overall Rating||Details|
|Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera||Lithium ion battery||10||Check price|
|Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera||2 AA batteries||9.5||Check price|
|Polaroid Z2300 10MP Digital Instant Print Camera||Lithium ion battery||8||Check price|
|Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S Camera||4 A batteries||9.5||Check price|
|Fujifilm Instax 210 Instant Wide Photo Camera||2 AA batteries||8||Check price|
|Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Instant Film Camera||1-Lithium metal battery||9||Check price|
|Polaroid PIC-300 Instant Film Camera||4 AA batteries||9.5||Check price|
|Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 Instant Film Camera||AA batteries||9.5||Check price|
|Polaroid One 600 Ultra Instant Film Camera||AA batteries||6||Check price|
|Fujifilm Instax Mini 70 – Best Instant Camera||2 - CR2 Batteries||9||Check price|
Tips on How to Choose the Best Instant Camera
When purchasing the best instant camera, buyers should choose a model that shoots on the size of the film they wish to use. The most common type of film is 35mm and it is recommended for amateurs. Medium format is a good choice for landscape photographers and large format is best suited for professionals.
It is important to do a bit of research on the range of film type you can afford since prices may vary sharply on the market. Another top factor to consider is “controllability” of the camera – you basically want to find something that is easy to control so you can capture great shots.
All the best instant camera examples we have reviewed are worthy of their salt. However, there has to be one that is best among them. That title goes to Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera which relies heavily on modern technology to deliver the same old beauty of film photography. It has a microSD slot which can accommodate a decent 32 GB worth of content. Its high level of megapixels also means it captures great photos on each shot.