What is the best comfortable mattress? This is a question that is commonly asked by individuals looking for quality sleep. Unfortunately, finding the right pick especially as a first-time buyer is not always an easy task. In a market that is flooded with products of different standards, identifying one that meets stringent quality standards is definitely not a cake walk. Our article is meant to make the job easier for you by finding an answer to the question: what is the best comfortable mattress. Have a look at the following reviews and our verdict.
Beautyrest Recharge World Class Manorville Luxury Firm Pillow Top Mattress Set
Available in California King size, Full size, King size and Queen size, Beautyrest Recharge World Class Manorville Luxury Firm Pillow Top Mattress Set is designed to specifically give you the chance to experience superior sleep. So if you’re ready to experience luxury and enjoy your life to the fullest and you’re wondering what is the best comfortable mattress, then you’ll not have to think twice giving this mattress a try. This pillow top mattress has all the great features to offer firm support and conforms to the shape of your body while eliminating pressure points to ensure you wake up recharged, refreshed and restored. In addition, it is also the best mattress for people who are quite sensitive to hot temperatures as it is able to dissolve away heat and sustain only the best temperature for you to sleep in.
- Features TruTemp technology which absorbs, stores and releases excess warmth from the mattress to keep you in the most comfortable temperature condition.
- Trans-flexion technology to make sure this bed sustains the same great comfort all through the life of the mattress by preventing break-in period.
- Boasts Beautyrest pocketed coil technology with over one thousand springs enfolded individually to conform to the contour of your body. These springs provide motion separation for undisturbed sleep and enhanced conformability and pressure life.
- AirCool Memory foam with micro GelTouch for increased pressure relief and freedom of movement.
- AirCool design featuring hi-tech mesh border fabric and ventilated Air cool beauty edge foam encasement for greater breathability and airflow.
- Triton foundation combined with power beam bracing which offers greater strength and durability as well as reducing impact from motion.
- Features a layer of plush comfort foam infused with GelTouch to add another measure of pressure relief.
- No flip design with energy foam base for added support and stability to the unique no-flip construction. Therefore, you are not required to flip or even rotate it all through its lifetime.
- Uses flexible polyurethane foam that is CertiPUR-US approved to meet voluntary standards for content, durability, and emission. It is, therefore, low in emission for indoor air quality, PBDE, lead, mercury, and resistant to ozone depletes.
- Designed and built in the USA and comes with a 25-year limited warranty.
Experience Recharging Sleep. Everyone deserves to wake up refreshed, restored and recharged. A Beauty rest mattress combines the conforming back support of legendary Beauty rest Pocketed Coil ...
- Extremely comfortable even around the edges that seem very uncomfortable in other mattresses
- Gives you the most luxurious and ultra-plush night sleep ever
- Great for anyone experiencing body pains
- Does not need any maintenance like other pillow top mattresses because of its no flip design
- A bit pricey but worth every penny
My Green Mattress Pure Echo Luxe Organic Cotton Natural Mattress (Two-Sided)
Finding the best comfortable mattress is important as it can either give you the best sleep or rob you it entirely. So if you are wondering what is the best comfortable mattress to buy, you are at the right place. My Green Mattress Pure Echo Luxe is one of the best comfortable mattresses you will find in the market. It is perfect for children but designed not just for them as it is also ideal for grown-ups most especially those who love firm sleeping surfaces. In addition, it is handcrafted with all natural materials including organic cotton and wool to make your nights in bed much more comfortable and restful. So, get the deep, healthy sleep you deserve at a price that won’t keep you up at night by investing in this two-sided mattress that can be flipped to extend life.
- Made using 884 count individually wrapped three zone pocketed coil system to provide the perfect maximum support, pressure relief and also reduce any motion transfer.
- Made with natural Joma wool and organic cotton from New Zealand. This means that it passes all required burn tests without using harmful chemicals.
- Boasts an additional lumbar support and a medium firmness to give you the best sleep you can ever find. This makes the mattress perfect for adults especially couples.
- 100 nights free trial period and a 10-year warranty on the mattress only to give you peace of mind as you make a purchase.
- Designed to rest on any firm, flat surface, slatted bed with no more than three inches between each slat or platform bed.
- My Green Mattress offers free shipping to at least 48-continental states through FedEx and the mattress usually arrives roll-packed for convenience purposes.
- This two-sided mattress has a flip design-upholstered on both sides to allow you to flip the mattress in order to extend its life.
- Available in Queen, Full, California King, Twin XL, King, Twin, and Full XL sizes.
Looking for an ideal mattress that is both natural and economical? Then the Pure Echo Luxe is the perfect choice. This firm mattress includes comfort layers made of organic cotton and natural wool. ...
- The wool serves as a flame barrier hence the mattress is fireproof
- Relatively low priced while offering the ultimate comfort
- Contours well to the shape of your body thereby providing pressure relief by reducing pressure points
- Motion reduction so you can toss and turn over the bed without any fear of disturbing your sleeping partner
- The mattress is a bit thin
Helix Sleep Custom Mattress-10″
If you are thinking about personalizing your sleeping experience but not sure what is the best comfortable mattress to buy at an affordable price, then Helix Sleep Custom Mattress – 10 Inch may be the right choice for you. The ability to tailor this mattress to your specific sleeping needs and that of your partner makes it stand out. As such, this is not just a typical foam mattress but one that is custom-made for your specific needs to guarantee you a healthy night’s sleep. This mattress does an excellent job of making sure there is sufficient motion isolation so you can share this bed with another person without getting disturbed by your partner’s movements while sleeping.
What’s more, Helix uses green technology that does not negatively impact the environment to create this mattress. Additionally, the mattress is made using three different layers with varying density and firmness thereby providing different levels of comfort. What is the best comfortable mattress made up of? Let’s have a look at a few of its features.
- Features two inches thick synthetic Dunlop latex top layer that ranges from 15 to 32 IFD to create comfort, durability and responsiveness while at the same time offering a cooling effect. This layer is safe for people of any age and comes in various firmness levels depending on your body type and weight.
- 1.5-inch micro coils layer with an IFD of 18 designed to provide an increased level of softness and pressure relief. The micro-coils also create a lovely bounce to the mattress.
- Two-inch CentPUR-US approved high-grade poly foam layer with an IDF level of between 20 and 26 to provide deep compression support to the comfort layers mentioned above by acting as a strong foundation.
- Temperature regulation option available from mild to cool to help keep the mattress cool throughout the night.
- Fits any standard Queen size bed frame and can be used on a flat and stable foundation or bed frame but not conventional box springs.
- Made in the USA and comes with a no-risk trial period of 100 days so in case you don’t like the mattress in those 100 days, you can contact Helix and they will someone to retrieve it from your home.
- Backed by cutting-edge technology with only two individually personalized sides for your sleeping preferences.
We've developed a new approach to mattress shopping, starting with our innovative personalization technology that individually designs the most comfortable bed for you. We use different densities and ...
- Great customer service and exceptionally cool mattress
- Free shipping offered
- Ten years extended warranty to cover any defects
- Perfect for stomach, back and side sleepers
- The company, Helix, is relatively new on the market and for now, they don’t have a long-spanning track record. It’s, therefore, difficult to judge how their products perform in the long-run.
Tuft & Needle Mattress
Tuft & Needle is reputed for being among the new mattress manufacturers who are shaking up the otherwise conservative market in a big way. They create their mattresses and ship them directly to your doorstep thereby ensuring that you get the best value for money. As such, if you have been wondering what is the best comfortable mattress then T&N might just be the right pick. Each mattress is made of proprietary foam, which feels more like latex and less like memory foam. That essentially means that you stand to get additional support without compromising on stability.
Some mattresses are too soft that they sink and compromise on support. Others are too stiff that they compromise on softness. But T&N is capable of combining the best of both worlds. A look at the internal structure of the mattress shows that it is made up of two exclusive layers. The top layer provides comfort and cooling effects. The bottom layer provides a solid support base. The top cover is made up of soft 100% microfiber material which, is designed to allow the sleeper enjoy direct contact with the foam layers.
- Firmness and support – the Tuft and Needle mattress provides about 6.5 firmness on a scale of 10. This firmness, however, tends to reduce over the years to about 6/10 firmness by the 4th year.
- Comprises of two layers one being a 3-inch polyurethane foam layer which is designed to provide comfort and breathability. The bottom later spans 7 inches and its role is to provide foundational support.
- It offers controlled movement and sinkage making it easy to get in and out of the bed. The localized movement further prevents disturbing of sleeping partners.
- Provides adequate pressure relief all thanks to its memory foam properties and still overcomes the problem of heat retention
Tuft and Needle is a new mattress company that designs a universally comfortable foam mattress that is No.1 top-rated on Amazon. Exclusively available online and made in the USA, the mattress ships ...
- Not too soft or too hard
- Cooler than most ordinary memory foam mattresses
- 30-night trial and easy returns
- Delivered straight from the factory
- Suitable for side sleepers as well as back sleepers
- Comes with a smell which is an instant turn off. This smell, fortunately, disappears after a couple of days
Alexander Signature Select Mattress
Figuring out what is the best comfortable mattress these days may seem like mission impossible, but I can tell you with certainty it isn’t. Alexander Signature Mattress is made by Nest Bedding with certified components that are tested and approved in the USA. It has multiple comfort and support layers. It is super soft to touch and the pillow top feel is lovely. In addition, you can request for different firmness levels if you find that your final order does not meet the standards of softness you initially expected.
And just in case you are still doubting the quality, Nest offers one of the best trial periods in the industry. You can try the mattress for 101 days and if you are not satisfied with it, they will take it back and offer you a full refund. What about the common problem of smell? Unlike most mattresses, this one is odor free from day one. Moreover, it is well built with CERTI-PUR materials which are intelligently sewn together to manage localized movements.
- Made with a quilted cover, which in addition to being beautiful and eye-catching offers additional comfort helping the sleepers tap more into the benefits of the mattress layers that lie deep within.
- In addition to the top quilted cover, the mattress comprises four other layers namely a 4 lb. gel memory foam, 5 lb Visco foam, 3-inch smartflow air flow foam and 4 inch 1.8 density solid edge support base layer.
- Although the Alexander Signature mattress is not an organic mattress, it tends to be odor-free. This is because it undergoes extensive checks and measures to maximize on safety. The latex used if Oeko Tex certified and this ensures no passing off occurs.
- The mattress comes with a 20-year warranty which is exceptionally long. However, this cover only extends to the original buyer and hence transferring ownership of the mattress voids this warranty. Basically, the warranty covers unraveling of seams and sagging beyond one inch.
Combining durable, breathable High Density Gel Memory Foam, our SmartFlow Air Flow Foam, and the support of high quality Edge Support Base Foam, The Alexander Signature Series is available in Luxury ...
- High premium quality but significantly cheaper
- No mattress smell even when new
- Available in 3 firmness levels to choose from
- The company offers financing for those who would like to buy it in installments
- Made using latex (inorganic material) which may not go well with people looking for organic material or memory foam
Bear Mattress is part of the great new generation of American mattresses that sells directly to the public thereby reducing the cost and final price dramatically without sacrificing quality. This exciting new memory foam mattress was made especially for athletes and those that live a very active lifestyle. It uses a technology that aims to help athletes recover more quickly while they sleep. This does not, however, mean that it cannot provide a restful sleep also to the laziest of us. It is also great for couples due to the cooling features as well as the bounce. In addition, it is made by a family that has been in the local mattress business for a few generations, so they made a product that they were sure customers wanted in terms of comfort and durability. Therefore, if you’re still wondering what is the best comfortable mattress you should invest in, consider this Bear mattress.
- Boats breathable cover that features Celliant technology which aims at ensuring fast recovery after intensive physical activity. Celliant is a synthetic fiber proven to increase oxygenation of blood in the body tissue and results in reduced muscle pain/aches and decreased temperature.
- One inch top layer made of graphite gel-infused memory foam to provide a cooling effect and great comfort. Graphite has been proven to be seven times cooler than regular memory foam.
- 2.5-inch middle support layer of quick response foam which provides faster responsive support during the night especially when changing positions and excellent pressure relief.
- 6.5-inch bottom foundation layer made of core support foam. This layer is breathable and provides a foundation for the layers above, deep compression support.
- Brings an innovative touch to the memory foam market thereby allowing for a cooler sleep and fast recovery.
- 100 night risk-free trial to all new buyers hence you can return the mattress within the 100 days and get a full refund and all inclusive 10-year warranty.
- Made in the USA and is available in King sizes, Twin XL sizes, Twin sizes, Full sizes, Queen sizes and California King sizes.
- Boasts a medium firm feel with a great cloud-like softness on top.
"The Bear Mattress has one of the best degrees of bounce and high responsiveness of any foam mattress I have tested over the last year. I'm quite impressed."- Sleepopolis "I try a lot of mattresses, ...
- Created by people with a thorough understanding of what makes a good mattress
- Ordering the mattress is easy and very straightforward as they usually accept all major credit cards and you can expect to receive the mattress in about 7 days or less
- Offers a touch of bounce so you don’t sink completely into the bed
- CertiPUR-US certified — this certification is a guarantee of quality that goes way beyond the legal requirements
- Has minimal amounts of off-gassing when unpacked but usually dissipate quickly
King 15 Inch Innomax Medallion Air-Bed Set with Foundation
This is the best air bed out there so if you’re still not sure what is the best comfortable mattress to choose, you got this Innomax Medallion Air Bed. Produced by Innomax, a company with at least 38-year history, you can be sure once you invest in this air bed you will never have to go back to regular sleep surfaces. This bed is luxury at its best but it is also a super splurge. It features comfort that simply cannot be matched, separate adjustable firmness of the halves of the bed and plush soft-top. What’s more, the mattress is shipped directly from Innomax to you so no high overhead of brick-and-mortar showrooms which allows Innomax to offer this high-quality air bed at considerable savings over standard retail.
- Boasts a dual-zipper design. The first zipper is for fixing the pillow-top to the base of the air bed and the second zipper is for accessing the foam in the pillow-top itself. This zipper allows you to switch out the foam any time for any reason.
- 8 Inch thick solid luxury wood box in the foundation of the bed and is awesomely upholstered in a high-end durable matching fabric. This foundation provides years of support for your new mattress while at the same time protecting it from the soft slats and spots of regular box springs.
- Dual-LED Remotes with 50 number controls that allow you to adjust separate firmness for the two sides of the bed thereby offering personalized comfort at the touch of a button.
- Features a first of its kind inter-changeable Memory Cell and Latex pillow-top for adjustable comfort. This means you can choose between the two pillow-tops and see which provides most comfort based on your taste.
- Sensuous-Petme Mink feel cover that provides healthier sleep environment and long trouble-free life.
- Available in Queen, Twin XL, King and Queen sizes.
The Medallion is a super plush adjustable air bed featuring a first of it's kind interchangeable Memory-Cell and Latex pillowtop. The Medallion boasts a 14" profile, with a dual zipper design. Simply ...
- Easy to set up and the pump works great
- The top section of the bed can be flipped to change the feel of the mattress
- The comfort and support of this mattress are unparalleled
- Great for people suffering from allergies and dust mite
- Pricey but compared to other similar air beds that offer this kind of high-end pampering, it’s a bargain
Ultimate Dreams Full Size Total Latex Mattress
If you are shopping for a latex mattress then you’ll definitely notice that there are fewer available models/brands as opposed to memory foam/innersprings mattresses. This is because latex mattresses are more expensive to manufacture hence availability is limited. So if you have not yet figured out what is the best comfortable mattress that is all latex, this Ultimate Dreams Full-size Total Latex Mattress is worth a try. It is produced by Dreamfoam Bedding, a very reputable brand with great customer support and high-quality mattresses. The mattress can be used by anyone since it can be easily customized. It does not matter whether you are side, back or stomach sleeper. The mattress conforms to the body very well just like memory foam but without the sinking’ feeling hence great option for pressure relief.
- The mattress is wrapped in organic wool. This acts as an insulator thereby keeping you warmer when it is cold and cooler when it is hot and allows it meet the federal fire retardant guidelines without using all the harsh chemicals.
- 6 inches HD latex support core and it is topped with 3 inches blended Talalay latex comfort layer.
- Zipper cover that allows you to easily access the comfort layer latex. This latex is what Dreamfoam Bedding exchange if the bed is too soft or too firm.
- Full customizable according to your liking. You just have to choose the firmness level of both the support layer and comfort layer before the mattress is delivered to you.
- Boats default support core foam that is 36 ILD Talalay latex and this can be substituted for a 32 ILD latex core that is less firm or a natural Dunlap latex core that is more firm for free.
- Produced in the USA and 12 Month financing provided.
Latex is one of the most durable products in the mattress industry. It provides unbeatable support and comfort without the sinking feeling. The Ultimate Dreams Total Latex Mattress from DreamFoam ...
- Provides great back support hence reduces pressure points along the body which can cause you to toss and turn
- Breathable latex is naturally resistant to dust mites and other allergens
- Latex is the most durable material that can be used in a mattress as it even outlasts regular polyfoam and memory foam hence you can be sure this mattress will last a long time
- Great customer support especially if you are not sure what is the best firmness level to choose
- Quite heavy so rotating the mattress and changing sheets by yourself can be hard
PlushBeds 9 Inch Medium Firm Botanical Bliss Latex Mattress
Have the feeling you will never find a 100 percent latex mattress that is not overpriced? If so, you are wrong then because the new PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Mattress is 100% latex from top to bottom. This mattress is a little different than most latex mattresses in the industry today that have maybe two layers of latex foam. It provides the quality level of support in all sleeping positions along with excellent cooling and a rounded hug/ body contour. Despite its high price tag, this mattress is a relative bargain when compared to most all-natural latex choices on the market. With very good comfort and bounce, no need to get confused wondering what is the best comfortable mattress because the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress has it all.
- Made from 100 percent pure Joma New Zealand wool that breathes more naturally compared to synthetic counterparts allowing your body to get to a comfortable sleeping temperature and maintain it through the night. The wool also serves as the fire barrier layer.
- The foundational/ support layer is made from 100 percent natural ARPICO latex which is considered the world’s finest latex. This type of latex has a denser cell structure that allows it to absorb the weight above while at the same time providing enough support. It is also hypoallergenic, mold-proof and mildew-proof.
- 100 Night risk-free trial — this means if you feel this mattress is not for you, you can contact PlushBeds to arrange a pickup and later on you will receive a full refund of the purchase price once they receive your mattress.
- GreenGuard Gold certified as a low-emitting product. This means it meets third-party chemical emissions standards with strict low emission limits for over 360 volatile organic compounds. What’s more, the mattresses are usually reviewed quarterly in order to maintain this seal of approval.
- Available in four different firmness levels including soft (ILD 19-21), Medium ( ILD 24-26), Medium-firm (ILD 29-31), and Extra-firm (ILD 34-36). ILD also referred to as indentation load deflection is used to show the firmness levels of mattresses.
Our Botanical Bliss organic latex mattress collection is made in the USA with quilted organic cotton, 100% natural Joma Wool, and 100% natural ARPICO latex, considered the world's finest latex. Voted ...
- Free returns i.e. no restocking or return shipping costs
- No off-gassing as there are no chemicals in the mattress that are likely to break down into volatile emissions
- Boasts lots of customization options because of the different firmness levels
- High quality — it’s one of the highest quality direct to consumer luxury bed you’ll find
- Pricey but this mattress is a great deal hence it was worth every penny
Amerisleep Revere 12 Inch Natural Memory-Foam Mattress
When thinking of buying a mattress, you don’t want just to buy the first mattress you come across. This is because of the fact that not all mattresses are built the same. You want to buy a bed that will surely be firm enough while still being soft-to-the-touch and comfortable enough. But what is the best comfortable mattress that is capable of holding up over time? If you are searching for a brand new mattress then you will probably want to consider the Amerisleep Revere 12 Inch Natural Memory-Foam Mattress. It’s a highly-rated memory foam mattress that is sure to offer the comfort you are looking for. It comes in various sizes like California King, Twin XL, Queen, Twin, King and Full sizes. Therefore, regardless of the bed size, you got, finding the right size should not be a hassle. In addition, it has all the features you would expect from a well-known brand like Amerisleep and is the most eco-friendly memory foam mattress you’re likely to find on the market. With a great mattress like this one, you’ll definitely be looking forward to bedtime every night. With that said, let’s take a look at the features this mattress offers.
- Features 3 inches Bio-PurTM memory-foam cooling layer that provides a great support for the body’s pressure points hence you will not be feeling any aching pressure points while sleeping.
- 7 inches Bio-CoreTM sag-free support layer that ensures your mattress won’t sag even after several years of use.
- Celliant cover for better sleep. Celliant has been clinically proven to increase oxygenation of blood in the body tissues thereby resulting into reduced body aches. This helps you sleep faster for a longer period of time.
- Produced in the United States of America with patented VPF-technology and natural plant-based oils.
- Offers medium-firm support to both stomach and back sleepers.
- Features extra breathable cooling layer. This layer assists in wicking moisture away from the body and the mattress so you stay cool throughout the night.
- 20-year limited warranty from the manufacturer to protect the consumer against any kind of defects from the manufacturer that arise.
- 90 Night risk-free trial so you can always return it within the 90 days if you are not satisfied with the purchase and get all your money back.
12" profile offering medium-firm support for back and stomach sleepers; 3" Bio-PurTM memory foam cooling layer, 7" Bio-CoreTM sag-free support layer; CelliantÂ®-infused cover clinically proven to ...
- The mattress is hypo-allergenic and resistant to dust mites
- Offers durability and support for the full body while asleep
- Great for people with body aches/pains
- No chemical odors from the mattress
- For those looking for a really soft mattress, this is not an ideal option because it is a medium to firm mattress
Tips on How to Choose the Best Comfortable Mattress
With so many different manufacturers and types of mattresses on the market today, it can prove difficult in figuring out what is the best comfortable mattress for you. However, knowing what to look for is key in finding the best comfortable mattress to fit your needs. Therefore, here are a few key things to consider before buying a new mattress.
- Comfort Level
Mattresses comfort levels include firm, extra firm, plush and extra plush. Firm mattresses have minimal padding are ideal for back and stomach sleepers while extra firm mattresses provide a solid sleep surface and are ideal for back sleepers. Plush mattresses, on the other hand, are ideal for people looking for mid-level comfort hence ideal for side sleepers, back and stomach sleepers. Ultra plush mattresses are perfect for individuals looking for the softest sleep surfaces hence ideal for side sleepers.
- Your Weight and Height
Your weight and height will influence how you experience the comfort level of your mattress. For example, individuals with larger frames find that mattresses feel softer compared to those with smaller frames.
The best comfortable mattress is one that neutrally supports your entire body that is your spine, head, heels, shoulders and buttocks.
A comfortable mattress should be resistant to dust mites and other allergens so it is safe for everyone.
- Determine your price range
- Brand reputation — certain brands are really popular for a reason — they are well known for making comfortable mattresses.
- Type of mattress
This could be memory foam mattress, continuous/open coil mattress, pocket sprung mattress or even latex foam mattress.
Competition — What Is the Best Comfortable Mattress among Reviewed and Why?
In the contest of what is the best comfortable mattress, Helix Sleep Custom Mattress-10 Inch takes the overall top position. With so many impressive features, this is the only mattress backed by cutting-edge technology with two individually personalized sides for your sleeping preferences. The mattress also uses green technology that doesn’t impact the environment negatively. Although manufactured by a relatively young company, this is a mattress you will not regret having purchased after several years of using it.