Topping the list of the world’s most popular mattresses is the Serta Mattress brand.
This name has dominated the industry for over 70 years carving out a good reputation as a go-to brand for first-rate and high-class products.
A key feature in these mattresses is that they are built with a fire blocker that resists flame in addition to innersprings that have an hourglass shape. You will find these in the size range of king, queen and twin and best of all, they are generally well priced and suitable even for those with back pain problems.
Here’s a review of ten of the most talked-about Serta Mattress brands.
Serta Raised Air Mattress w/NeverFlat Pump
This inflatable Serta Raised Air Mattress w/NeverFlat Pump is made from PVC which is capable of bearing full pressure inflation. This material is stretchable and hence can accommodate a great deal of pressure over long periods of time.
And just like most Serta mattress brands, this one is constructed in such a way that it inflates vertically to normal height without elongating its surface.
- Comes with fully automatic pumps that can be regulated by a simple dial to achieve the desired level of comfort be it medium, firm, off, inflate, deflate or plush levels.
- The entire mattress is made up of a waterproof cover that is backed up by a built-in motor. The PVC material itself is impenetrable by water and just to make sure this is well-protected, a hermetic seal type of waterproofing has been applied.
- Beneath the surface are 35 circular coils that are intentionally placed there to keep the surface leveled and to ensure utmost support on your back.
- It comes with a free carry bag which is a suitable addition especially for those who travel or camp regularly. This bag comes with a strong strap that is capable of carrying up to 20lbs of weight.
- The material used for this mattress has been proven safe for use even by children as it is free of toxic chemicals or anything that may affect the environment around you in a negative way.
- Has the ideal size for any person big or small
- Can be used permanently or as a temporary mattress thanks to its portability and self-inflating options
- Fully made in the USA with the finest craftsmanship
- Can provide a solution to back pain problems alongside other health benefits
- You have to pre-inflate it before use
Serta Raised NeverFlat Queen Air Mattress with Built-In Pump
Yotube Video Review: Serta Raised NeverFlat Queen Air Mattress with Built-In Pump
Serta Perfect Day iSeries Vantage Firm Serta Mattress Set
If you are looking for comfort fit for a king, then the Serta Perfect Day iSeries (Applause Firm) Vantage Firm Mattress Set (King) could be your best bet. Offering a firm feel with benefits of gel memory foam and patented Cool Action Dual Effects, this unit is specially designed to relieve pressure and ease joint pain after a busy day at work.
Deep beneath the softer surface layer lies a series of coils that are intelligently interlinked and wrapped together to provide enough support without compromising on stability and comfort.
- Covered by a 25-year warranty which is more than enough to protect you from any premature wear and tear.
- The Serta mattress is reinforced by Box Spring which makes it suitable for anyone looking for cradling comfort and postural support.
- Has a traditional feel which offers the benefits of gel memory foam which effectively aids in temperature regulation hence bypassing the common problem of heat retention. You won’t have to complain about sweaty nights when you sleep on this Serta Mattress.
- Incredibly well-built
- Uses patented technology to by-pass common Serta mattress problems like heat retention
- Suitable for all-family use
- It’s a bit firmer than other mattress brands. So if you’re looking for an extremely soft mattress this may not be your best bet.
iSeries Vantage Firm
Yotube Video Review: iSeries Vantage Firm
Serta Raised Air Mattress w/Insta III Pump
Serta Raised Air Mattress with Insta III Pump is perfect for guest rooms, camping and leisure travel. It is made using puncture resistant 18 gauge vinyl sides and a puncture proof 27.8 gauge bottom. The top surface comprises a soft-touched flocked sheep material which apart from holding all the beddings in place provides ample comfort to the sleeper.
- A flocked top which is gentle to the skin yet so durable and dependable for long-term use.
- Has a built-in powerful electric pump that allows for quick, easy inflation and deflation. The twin size mattress is re-inflated in 3 minutes while the queen size one takes 5 minutes.
- Queen size can support well above 450 lbs of weight against the dimensions of 78x40x15 inches while twin size can support up to 250 lbs of weight.
- This unit can fit into your standard-sized sheets and so you don’t have to worry about replacing them. The company, however, does not provide free sheets with the mattress.
- Each unit is covered by a 2-year manufacturer warranty.
- Easy to adjust to achieve the desired level of firmness
- Covered by 2-year warranty
- Easy inflation and deflation
- Made of puncture-resistant vinyl with the sides reinforced with 18 gauge material
- Supported by numerous hour-glass shaped coils
- Some of its seams may pop within years of using it. Luckily, the company has a good warranty cover that protects you against such bad surprises.
Serta 12 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress w/20 Years Warranty
Made with the revolutionary open cell memory foam technology, Serta 12-Inch Gel-Memory Foam Mattress With 20-Year Warranty, Queen boasts gel support beads that are intelligently laid out to enhance comfort. The base layer is 7 inches to offer high-density support and the overall mattress has a height of 12 inches to provide enhanced comfort and durability.
- This mattress comprises of 3 layers. The first layer is a base-layer which spans 7 inches. The other layer comprises of convoluted foam which spans over 1.5 inches and the last layer is mainly made up of gel foam. Overall, this adds up to 12 inches of comfort.
- The gel bead memory foam layer is an exclusive and rare addition. Its purpose is to enhance your comfort and overcome the problem of heat retention which is quite common with memory foam mattresses.
- Each part of this Serta mattress is made here in the USA meaning the highest standards of production are duly followed. But just in case you are worried about durability, you will be glad to learn that Serta provides a 20-year warranty to cover against any premature wear and tear of this mattress.
- Provides therapeutic comfort
- Provides relief from pressure points and enhance spinal alignment
- Easy to use and maintain
- It weighs 89 pounds which is extremely heavy for one person to handle or even unwrap
Serta Gel Memory Foam Mattress 10-Inch
Serta 10-Inch Gel-Memory Foam Mattress With 20-Year Warranty, Queen is closely related to the Serta 12 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress w/20 Years Warranty. The only major difference, of course, being that one has a height of 10 inches while the other has 12 inches.
The lesser height, however, means that the layers are slightly thinner and overall the mattress is lighter.
- Made up of 3 layers that are dexterously combined to provide one cohesive product. The biggest layer, as usual, is the base foam followed by the two others i.e. convoluted foam and gel foam layers.
- The idea behind this Serta mattress is to capitalize on the ability of gel to transport heat away from the body. In a nutshell, that solves the problem of temperature build-up and hence minimizing the urge to toss and turn during the night.
- The product is made in the USA under the watch of Serta’s own experts who have been serving the industry for over 7 decades. In addition to this level of quality assurance, the manufacturer provides a 20-year warranty cover to enhance your value for money.
- Made in the USA
- Slightly lighter and smaller than other mattresses of its caliber
- Once you start using it, you will not need to flip it
- Built with good material quality
- Less plushy compared to other denser models
Serta Willow Duct Cotton Full Futon Mattress
Serta Willow Duct Cotton Full Futon Mattress, Black is a product of the Wolf Corporation which is one of the oldest licensee working under Serta. One unique feature of this model of Serta Mattress is that it comes with conttonique which combines selected cotton grades with durable upholstery blend and traditional cotton batting.
Overall, this model is renowned for being resilient yet comfortable.
- This mattress occupies dimensions of 75x53x9 inches and surprisingly it is not heavy as it just weighs 51.5 pounds.
- Comprised of a core of “Storm” which is a name Wolf Corporation has given to a cotton poly bonded pad that serves as a foam replacement pad.
- Has a layer of polyurethane, Visco foam and 2 layers of finger foam all surrounded by heavy weight cotton fiber blend.
- Soft and chiropractic
- Built to last
- Easy to keep clean and maintain
- Easy to transport and use
- You need to fluff it to get it to open to full height before using
Serta 14 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
The Serta 14-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress has been described as one that provides the best night’s sleep so one can wake up feeling rejuvenated and rested. It is a 14-inch Serta mattress that provides a medium feel with the top layer mainly made up of gel memory which offers superior support and temperature control.
There is also a 2-inch layer provided specifically utilizing the popular open cell memory foam technology to provide cushioning and comfort.
- The Serta mattress comprises 14-inces of gel memory foam which is broken down into 4 unique layers. Each layer is designed to perform an important role. The top layer provides softness and temperature regulation while the base layer provides much-needed support and stability.
- Comes with premium quality memory foam which adds cushioning and distributes weight evenly.
- Utilizes a unique ActivAir technology which has admirable breathability. This foam is 100% made in the USA.
- Wonderful temperature regulation
- Long lasting durability
- Chiropractic benefits
- Requires at least two people to unpack and set up because it is heavy
Serta Perfect Sleep Edinburgh Super Pillow Top Mattress
With a towering height of 12 inches that contains several layers of mass, this mattress stands out as one of the most popular products from Serta.
Basically, Serta Perfect Sleeper Edinburgh Super Pillow Top Mattress Hyrbid Gel Innerspring (Queen) has been engineered with input from the NSF targeting to solve most of the common causes of poor sleep. In addition to the extra deep layers of supportive foam, there is a continuous flow of innersprings running from head to toe to ensure stability and durability.
- Contains an extra layer of foam called Comfort XD Foam which enhances the ability to relieve bodily pressure for a more fulfilling night. In addition, there is a liquid-gel enhanced foam that circulates heat thus helping promote balanced temperature.
- Has a continuous flow of innersprings that are reinforced at the edges to promote proper back support and enhance undisturbed sleep. Each innerspring is attached to its neighbor to absorb motion and enhance stability.
- To add to the much-needed upholstery layer of sleep surface this Serta mattress is backed up by FireBlocker Fiber, Pillo-Foll and Serta PillowSoft Foam which enhances cushioning and guarantees a plush feel.
- Designed with input from the National Sleep Foundation (NSF)
- 10-year manufacturer warranty
- Durable and stable
Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Eastport Super Pillow Top Mattress Hybrid Gel Pocketed Coil
Eastport Elite Serta Mattress is not just another commoner out there. This one comes with an extra-plush layer that is enhanced with a layer of gel memory foam which is infused with to provide comfort, support, and most importantly better air circulation.
Beneath this are several other layers each one of them meant to improve support and alignment in one way or another. And if you share your bed with a partner, you don’t have to worry at all because this mattress utilizes a Cool Balance technology feature that minimizes impact of movement through 4-way isolation.
- Built with Cool ActionTM memory foam which encourages back support and alignment. And to add to that, there is a special combination of innersprings to enhance balance.
- Uses patented TrueSense technology which works through 4-way motion isolation to minimize the impact from your partner’s movement and resist sagging.
- The outer cover is well stitched and made using the high-quality material. This material is soft enough to soothe you to sleep but resilient enough to keep the beddings on the bed even if you’re a restless sleeper.
- Helps reduce tossing and turning
- Provides ample back support and alignment
- Promotes balanced sleep temperature
- You have to buy a box spring separate from this Serta mattress
Serta Northlight Firm Mattress
Weighing only 57 pounds, Serta Northlight Firm Mattress, Queen is enough to support the weight of an entire family without compromising on comfort or support.
Built using leading technology from Serta’s manufacturing plants, this one has also received an official endorsement from the National Sleep Foundation (NSF). Not only is it built to resist sagging, it provides proper back support and promotes a balanced sleep temperature.
- Utilizes Cool action gel memory to reduce tossing and turning. As such, this Serta mattress is suitable for sleepers who are seeking to recover from a tiring day at work. Its very design focuses on delivering pressure relief while minimizing on heat build-up.
- It encourages proper back support and alignment all thanks to its custom-made advantage 886 innerspring.
- Utilizes True Sense 4.0 Design to minimize the impact of your partner’s movement which is unique to Serta mattress manufacturer. It also resists sagging and edge rolling off due to total edge foam encasement and intelligent construction.
- Offers classic tailoring with few plush comfort layers at the surface.
- Comfortable to sleep on
- Built to last for many years
- Recommended by the NSF
- Encourages proper back support
- If you’re looking for a firm Serta mattress this one might disappoint you because it is a bit soft and lumpy.
How to Choose the Best Serta Mattress?
The first thing you need to find out is the appropriate size of the mattress for your bed and your preferred sleeping position. If you are a side sleeper, a plush Serta mattress would do and if you like sleeping on your back then you should consider a medium firm mattress.
Other factors to consider while buying a Serta mattress include the price which of course boils down to the budget you’ve set aside for this purchase. Above all, since we spend over a third of our lifetime in bed, it is imperative to find a mattress that is both durable and comfortable.
|Product Name||Image||Thickness||Overall Rating||Details|
|Serta Raised Air Mattress w/NeverFlat Pump||18 In||10||Check price|
|Serta Perfect Day iSeries Vantage Firm Serta Mattress Set||14 In||9.5||Check price|
|Serta Raised Air Mattress w/Insta III Pump||15 In||8||Check price|
|Serta Gel Memory Foam Mattress w/20 Years Warranty||12 In||7||Check price|
|Serta Gel Memory Foam Mattress||10 In||7||Check price|
|Serta Willow Duct Cotton Full Futon Mattress||9 In||8.5||Check price|
|Serta Gel Memory Foam Mattress||14 In||9.5||Check price|
|Serta Perfect Sleep Edinburgh Supper Pillow Top Mattress||12 In||7||Check price|
|Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Eastport Super Pillow Top Mattress Hybrid Gel Pocketed Coil||14 In||9||Check price|
|Serta Northlight Firm Mattress||10.5 In||8.5||Check price|
Why Choose a Serta Mattress?
Serta has earned a reputation for producing some of the best mattresses in the world. They have constantly advanced their technology in the quest for better sleep, more comfort and value for money. Their mattresses comprise of several layers with top layers mainly focusing on comfort while the bottom ones enhance support. Internally, several support coils are used to provide balance.
Externally, a well-knit cover is used to cover the mattress and complement the benefits that come from deep within. These are just but a few reasons why people choose Serta mattress brands.
About the Brand
Serta is an Illinois-based company that has been producing mattresses for over the last 80 years. The brand has won numerous awards and accolades for leading organizations in the world including the Most Recommended Mattress brand title by the Women’s Choice Award (2014). In some cases, the company operates through subsidiaries such as the National Bedding Company LLC which is based in Chicago.
Although all the mattresses we've reviewed above are worth their salt, there can only be one winner. In our opinion this coveted position belongs to Serta Raised Air Mattress w/NeverFlat Pump. Not only is it well built and comfy but also it is protected by a 25-year warranty which means more value for money.