The best steam cleaner is one that delivers fast and effective cleaning.
However, when it comes to choosing the right cleaner, the job is not always easy given that there are dozens of products available. They come in three main categories: handheld, cylinder steam, and steam mop cleaners.
There are also some that offer a two-in-one experience by combining a handheld steam cleaner with a mop.
Let us look at ten of the best steam cleaner models to see which one can be a good option for a quality-conscious buyer.
McCulloh MC1275 Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner
MC1275 is claimed to offer a professional quality solution for those looking for efficient steam cleaning. A closer look at it reveals that it utilizes up to 48 oz of ordinary water which is heated to slightly above 200 degrees Fahrenheit. That means the steam comes out powerfully and forcefully to clean out even the stickiest stains and even greasy BBQ grills.
- Enhanced with 1500 worth of watt power which is produced for 45 continuous minutes enabling one to clean a wide variety of surfaces with just water.
- Large 48 oz tank that heats up in just under 10 minutes. Its large capacity means you can steam clean for up to 45 minutes non-stop.
- Comes with 18 versatile accessories, which include a floor mop attachment that you can use for cleaning sealed flooring surfaces.
- Great caster wheels make mobility easy
- Large water tank capacity
- Easy carrying of accessories thanks to an onboard storage compartment
- It is a bit of work setting it up for those who have never used steam cleaners
Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi 15-in-1 Steam Cleaner
Designed as a 15-in-1 multifunctional steam cleaner, the Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi Cleaner combines a steam mop together with a handheld steam cleaner which is the reason it is the best steam cleaner.
It comes with 10-piece tool and accessory kit so you have all the tools for every task and combines both liquid and steam detergent for a better clean.
- Powered by a 1600-watt motor that releases enough hot-jetting vapor to fight stubborn dirt and even grime.
- Built-in detachable hand-held cleaner ideal for tackling tough areas to clean including hobs, tiles, ovens, showers and hard-to-reach surfaces.
- Boasts steam and detergent technology to help break down grease and even grime and it also kills 99.9 percent of harmful bacteria. The detergent leaves a pleasant smell similar to that of citrus.
- Weighs 3.7 kg only hence it’s lightweight with 0.5 liters volume capacity.
- Solid and sturdy steam cleaner
- Easy to assemble
- Dries floors quickly
- Ready-to-go in 30 seconds after starting it
- You must keep the control button held down at all times during the cleaning process for it to unleash the hot vapor — this slows the cleaning process
Vax Steam Fresh Combi
Yotube Video Review: Vax Steam Fresh Combi
HAAN SI-70 Multiple Purpose Floor Steamer
Perhaps one of the most outstanding things about this best steam cleaner is its power. HAAN SI-70 Multi Multiple Purpose Floor Steamer comes with 15 steam jets that provide deep sanitary cleaning effects in as little as 20 seconds of heating up.
Ostensibly, this being one of the best steam cleaner models in town claims to kill 99.9 percent of household bacteria, dust mites, and germs. But that’s not all, this unit comes with a fully functional steam mop and special attachments for superb handheld performance on specialized jobs.
- Fitted with 2 ultra-microfiber pads for effective washing. You only need to change the pad halfway through the job for non-stop cleaning experience.
- You stand to benefit from a 25-foot power cord which complements the 15 steam jets to enhance maneuverability.
- Equipped with an easy to fill the removable water tank with a capacity of 11.83 oz. That’s just enough capacity to help you handle light duties at home without having to stop and refill midway.
- Powerful jets
- Excellent maneuverability
- No need to use detergents or chemicals and this hand-held cleaner is capable of killing 99.9% of germs
- Its 11.83oz water tank is slightly smaller than some competing best steam cleaner models
HAAN Multi SI70 Multipurpose Steamer
Yotube Video Review: HAAN Multi SI70 Multipurpose Steamer
Wagner 915 On-Demand Steam Cleaner
A relatively popular best steam cleaner, this model is closely related to its older sibling Wagner 905 safe for a few minor improvements and oversights. It is light-weight probably because it has a shorter electrical plug and reduced steamer hose.
Wagner 915 (0282014) 1,500-Watt On-Demand Power Steamer and Cleaner can do a good job in wallpaper removal although you can still rely on it to remove grease stains in your kitchen or even mold that can develop in the bathroom. However, it is not recommended for hardwood floors (as warned in the manual).
- Does not leave messy chemical residue on surfaces after use. Its on-demand fingertip steam control provides intermittent steam for continuous use.
- Highly effective at removing wallpapers. The manufacturer claims that this can remove wallpaper at 20% faster rate than other non-pressurized steamers.
- The adequate steam hose is provided, allowing you to cover a working radius of 8 feet without having to move the machine. This hose also includes two extension tubes to enhance the reach.
- Light in weight
- Easy to assemble
- Perfect for removing wallpapers and pet stains
- Does not have a water level indicator
Yotube Video Review: Wagner 915
Wagner 905 1,500-Watt On-Demand Power Steamer and Cleaner
If you are looking for the best cleaner for all those small cleaning jobs around the house, this Wagner On-Demand Power Steamer and Cleaner is an excellent option. It will clean sinks, floors and even get rid of wallpaper for you without using any chemical cleaners.
This cleaner cleans and even sanitizes deep within the surfaces thereby destroying mites, bacterial and dust-spores, all thanks to its 1,500 watts of pressurized steam.
- Boasts on-demand finger-tip control for precise cleaning and easy handling. You just have to press a button and you’ll get consistent or intermittent steam.
- The assortment of steam cleaning accessories designed to transform this cleaner from an excellent wallpaper remover to a great steamer so you can clean and sanitize your house.
- Has a portable design that allows you to clean even hard to reach areas of your house.
- Includes measuring cup, flooring cleaning-head, assorted utility-brushes, window or tile squeegee, fill funnel, 2 extension tubes and floor cleaning pad.
- Heats up in 12 minutes and will run for at least 45 minutes continuously at a time.
- Light weight
- Has front and rear wheels for easy mobility
- Backed by 1-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Lacks indication of water level
Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
This is a must-have cleaner if you’re serious about steam cleaning. With professional steam power and a versatile number of accessories, this best steam cleaner is designed for tackling the toughest tasks throughout your house.
Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner naturally deep cleans and sanitizes all surfaces without the need of harsh chemicals. In addition, it boasts 15 versatile accessories which include 2 microfiber pads, scrub pad, and sponge-pad for corner tool, scrub tool, mop head, jet nozzle, 2 extension wands, measuring cup, 2 nylon and 1 brass utility brushes, squeegee and a steam cleaner.
- Provides up to 45-minutes continuous burst of steam all thanks to its big 45-ounce water-tank.
- Uses 1500 watt of pressurized steam and the water heats up to more than 200-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Features steam-on-demand trigger along with a continuous steam locking switch.
- Comes with tools for every task
- Easy to set-up and use
- Safe for all types of sealed flooring surfaces
- The fill hole is a small so you need a funnel to avoid spilling water everywhere
Steamfast SF-370 Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner
Yotube Video Review: Steamfast SF-370 Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner
Karcher SC1 Premium Steam Cleaner
If you are looking for the best steam cleaner that is lightweight and can be used as a steam mop, the Karcher SC1 Premium Steam Cleaner is worth your money. It is quite affordable and heats up quickly making it excellent for smaller jobs.
It comes with a hand tool, power nozzle, accessory bag, round nylon brush, floor nozzle, cotton hand cloth, detail nozzle, cotton floor cloth and 2 steam tubes allowing you to clean almost every part of the house.
- Boasts 3-bars of pressure to deliver high cleaning performance.
- Excellent safety boiler-cap plus a child lock to guarantee safety for you and even your own family. The lock allows you to open the steamer only if the pressure has been completely released.
- Boasts heating power of 1200-watts plus 3-minute heat up time thereby allowing to use it for everyday cleaning.
- Small and very compact
- Easily removes stubborn stains and tough grease too
- Simple to use
- Great for multi-functional usage
- Does not include many tools
Karcher SC1 Premium Steam Stick & Floor Kit
Yotube Video Review: Karcher SC1 Premium Steam Stick & Floor Kit
Steamfast SF-275 Canister Steam Cleaner
Tough stains should no longer be a challenge with the best steam cleaner in the market — the Steamfast SF-275 Canister Steam Cleaner. Your friends and even your relatives will be surely amazed when they see the cleanliness of your house and you can choose to tell them about this high-quality product or keep it all to yourself.
Featuring at least 17 versatile tools along with 1-year limited warranty, this best steam cleaner offers a chemical-free way to clean your entire home. It reduces allergens like pet dander and dust mites, reduces smoke plus other odors from upholsteries and even drapes while saving you money on expensive cleaning supplies.
- Boasts a 48-ounce water tank while providing up to 45-minutes of continuous steam at a time.
- Includes a steam-on-demand trigger and an added lighted on and off continuous locking switch.
- Front casters and big back wheels for smooth maneuverability from one area to another.
- 1500 watt heating system that heats up in minutes to naturally deep-clean and sanitizes all surfaces.
- Offers plenty of power
- No use of harsh chemicals
- Great for cleaning hard to reach corners around your house
- It is a bit of work setting it up for those who have never used steam cleaners
Yotube Video Review: Steamfast SF-275
Dirty Devil Easy Steam Hand-Held Steamer (PD20005)
Weighing in at 2.6 pounds while measuring 9.8 inches by 4.8 inches by 9.2 inches, this steam cleaner is ideal for small tasks. Dirt Devil Easy Steam Handheld Steamer, PD20005 makes it easy-to-clean above floor areas like inside the fridge, countertops, windows and shower doors. In addition, it allows you to safely clean and even sanitize without using any dangerous chemicals.
- Features a jet tip extension that provides a blast of concentrated steam so you can clean tight spaces such as bathroom counter-tops and even cook-tops.
- A comfort grip handle and great sleek design.
- One year limited warranty.
- Includes steam squeegee, flexible hose, fabric tool, fill cup, wire grill brush and steam pad.
- Produces enough pressure to cut through any mess
- Reasonably priced
- Cannot handle tough jobs
Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System
MR-100 strongly commands its position among the best steam cleaner models on the market today. It is a cool looking hand-held steam with a steam mop that is optimized to clean and sanitize your vehicle and home without the need for adding artificial chemicals.
Besides ridding your house of dirt and grease, this steam cleaning system removes dust mites, germs, bed bugs and even mold.
- Equipped with all accessories needed to start cleaning e.g. it has a 1.6-liter stainless steel boiler, 60 minute operate tank and adjustable steam output.
- This is one of the best steam cleaners as it has been awarded the Number One Pick from Consumers Digest magazine.
- The machine is wholly covered by a lifetime warranty. Its parts and accessories are covered by a one year warranty although buyers are responsible for shipping charges.
- Certified by ETL for household use and safety.
- Competitively priced
- Cleans floors and countertop grout
- Well built
- Loud while in operation and you may need to put on earbuds to drown out the noise
Yotube Video Review: Vapamore MR100
How to Choose the Best Steam Cleaner?
The decision you make will mainly depend on what task you want to perform with the cleaner. For instance, you can opt for a steam mop if you want to clean hard floors of freshening up your carpet. You can go for a cylinder steam cleaner if you find upright steam mops too difficult to move around your home.
At the same time, you can opt for a 2-in-1 mop so you can handle all your bathroom, kitchen, curtains works etc with one cleaner. If you are looking for a steamer to clean your blinds then ideally you should go for one with quality filters, handy accessories, and attached vacuum.
|Product Name||Image||Water Tank Capacity||Overall Rating||Details|
|McCulloh MC1275 Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner||42 oz.||9||Check price|
|Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi 15-in-1 Steam Cleaner||17 oz.||10||Check price|
|HAAN SI-70 Multiple Purpose Floor Steamer||17 oz.||8||Check price|
|Wagner 915 On-Demand Steam Cleaner||48 oz.||8.5||Check price|
|Wagner 905 1,500-Watt On-Demand Power Steamer and Cleaner||48 oz.||8.5||Check price|
|Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner||45 oz.||9||Check price|
|Karcher SC1 Premium Steam Cleaner||17 oz.||8.5||Check price|
|Steamfast SF-275 Canister Steam Cleaner||48 oz.||8||Check price|
|Dirty Devil Easy Steam Hand-Held Steamer (PD20005)||6 oz.||7.5||Check price|
|Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System||48 oz.||9||Check price|
Steam Cleaner VS Steam Mop
Steam mops and cleaners are all wonderful items that can make an otherwise boring cleaning session a lot easier and fun.
However, the fact of the matter is that these two products have benefits and their best uses are actually quite different. A steam cleaner, for instance, is optimized for ovens and upholstery. A dirty oven is best approached with a steam cleaner with a brush tool attached while upholstery is best tackled with a hand-held cleaner with an upholstery attachment.
A steam mop, on the other hand, is suitable for tiled, laminate or wooden floors. It is especially good at cleaning tiles because it removes all the dirt from the grout between tiles leaving them looking new again.
Steam mops, although great investments are not quite as flexible as general steam cleaners. So go for a steam cleaner when you’re looking for versatility and a steam mop when you are looking for a dedicated machine to clean up your floor.
Of the ten best steam cleaners we've reviewed above, only one of them deserves to take the top prize (not that others don't have what it takes to rank top, but because it's by far the most comprehensive machine we've come across). Our pick is Vax S86-SF-C Steam Fresh Combi 15-in-1 Steam Cleaner.
It is big on motor power and does not disappoint when it comes to versatility. In addition, it combines the power of steam and detergent technology to achieve good cleaning results on every task – therefore we recommend it as the best steam cleaner ahead of the rest.